• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

LittleBigPlanet - 'Catch-All' Hype & Information Thread (UK beta codes gogogo)

Enojado

Jan 13, 2008
I have a code, entered it and it says it's either incorrect or no longer valid??? WTF???

I needs ma code :(

Iced_Eagle

Apr 8, 2007
If I could somehow reproduce the miracle of getting a LBP key and creating a new account, I would totally give everyone a key.

Unfortunately, I've been trying but lady luck is against me...

Concept17

Jul 23, 2007
Seattle
If I got the alert email did I get one? The link won't load atm, and I can't check it again till later...

"You've received a new Eurogamers alert from Eurogamer.

The subject is: You've successfully claimed a code from LittleBIGPlanet BIG Beta.

You can read the alert here:"

Jun 6, 2004
honestly, this was easier than the SOCOM beta... (IMO anyway)
Concept17 said:
If I got the alert email did I get one? The link won't load atm, and I can't check it again till later...

"You've received a new Eurogamers alert from Eurogamer.

The subject is: You've successfully claimed a code from LittleBIGPlanet BIG Beta.

You can read the alert here:"
Congratulations! You're IN!

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Sep 13, 2005
I managed to get a beta key, but how do I use it? haven't done this on a PS3 before :O

Iced_Eagle

Apr 8, 2007
ItsInMyVeins said:
I managed to get a beta key, but how do I use it? haven't done this on a PS3 before :O

If you're not in EU, create a fake EU account, redeem the code from Account Management, download it, and once that's finished, play it on your US account.

Oh, and just a hint, but perhaps you could do PSN sharing with this?

Jun 6, 2004
ItsInMyVeins said:
sign up for a UK PSN account, log into the PSN, then go to account management -> transaction management -> redeem code

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jul 6, 2005
well just like most of sony related events, that was a big ole fart in the face

Keyser Soze

Jun 8, 2004
Ireland
ItsInMyVeins said:

So...what now?
If you haven’t already done so, register for an account on PLAYSTATION®Network, then follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your PLAYSTATION®Network account via your PLAYSTATION®3 system, or alternatively via PLAYSTATION®Store on PC at store.playstation.com using the [Sign In/Sign Up] button.

PLAYSTATION®Store
2. Once signed in, select [Account Management].
3. Choose [Transaction Management], then [Redeem PLAYSTATION®Network Card or Promotion Code].
4. Enter your 12 character promotion code and select [Continue].
5. NOTE: promotion codes are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to redeem the promotion code.

Banned
Jun 22, 2006
Has anyone figured out why PSN download speeds are so terrible yet?

It's not a port forwarding issue, I have disabled QOS on my router (though the PS3 is set to bypass that anyway) the PS3 is hooked up via a wired connection (though I have tried wireless) and yet I'm lucky if I even get a quarter of my maximum connection speed.

I've got no problems downloading on my 360, Wii or any other device, it's just my PS3/PSN.

None of my friends seem to get above 200–250k or so either.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
May 20, 2006
Netherlands
The Faceless Master said:
oh snap

oh.. time to play!

well, guess im out.

fucking retarded key system, should have just put it on psn or something.

I even have a year qore subscription. fuck this shit >:|