• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet - 'Catch-All' Hype & Information Thread (UK beta codes gogogo)

Chû Totoro said:
I'm so sad I miss one of the only Beta that matters to me...

To anyone who has an LBP avatar and didn't get a key, I salute you... You fought well.

Oh, and everyone try IGN when they announce their beta program. However, it will require a bit more luck to be chosen.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
sorry guys. did what I could. couldn't even get any spare keys for myself cos activation pages took forever to load but worst of all COULDNT LOG MYSELF OUT OF MY FIRST ACCOUNT!! WTF!!

Logout took ages to load as well and whoops you're still logged in. fucker.

painey

2883322390_1f6e69d044_b.jpg

Enojado

DUH DUH DUH

Forget I had to create an EU account to dl the beta. That was pretty easy. Googled a random address, made the account and dl'ing the beta now.

Can't wait.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'll never understand why people organize things like this on servers that are 100% guaranteed to go down. There has to be a better (that is, not bad) way.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
DMPrince said:
there's still the Japan random drawing beta and the NA Beta that hasn't been announced yet.

Im euro, so i kinda dont give a shit about some kinda moon language beta, and im not gonna enter the ign contest. ill just wait a month.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Chû Totoro said:
So there's no chance of having an EU code anymore ? Even on another site ?

I heard they were doing 20,000 betas per territory, so EU should still have 14,200 beta codes left.

Captain Pants said:
I heard they were doing 20,000 betas per territory, so EU should still have 14,200 beta codes left.
I must have one of these 14 200 codes. I won't sleep till I don't have one !
Maybe I'll go to bed... I'm working tomorrow

cruiznsd

Neo Member
Just my luck...

lbpeurobeta.jpg

The page is still reloading and I'm still valiantly trying to get this "last code". PFFT

Regardless, thanks Kaizoku for your help

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Time for impressions now folks, leave your beta misery behind you!

Game has so much personality. Intro and credits were sweet :D

p.s. my PSN tag is Bi-7 add me!

Teknoman

So Sonic style loops are possible...just have to be on some sort of rocket propelled vehicle. Very nice :D

EDIT: Anyone currently in the beta, please tell me how the music system works. Possible creation or just stringing together premade tracks/beats?

Yeah there technically should be other Euro sites having contests.

20k in Japan, 20k in Europe, 20k in USA.

Just keep on the lookout and follow the GAF. :D Someone will find a site.

ChryZ

I just spend two hours with a stupid grin on my face. People who are hatin' on LBP have no soul and will eat humble pie.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
The game's pretty fun, I gotta say. And so far the levels have felt like they're worth replaying too, since you collect stuff you can use to get a higher score on the next run.

hopefully Kagari, Teknoman, Private Hoffman, and MiamiWesker got it working.

BTW. anyone can tell me if the 5th sharing is still active? since i used the code on the PC Store so that means the code may still work?

oh and those that know my information don't go giving it away right now ;o

Banned
Well, this didn't change my mind about the game. It just doesn't play like a very good platformer (physics-based platforming, ugh) and the content creation isn't really of any interest to me.

Even if there are some really cool user created levels—and I'm sure there will be—I think I'd get as much enjoyment out of watching youtube videos of someone playing through them as I would myself.

I don't like this from the EULA either:

LittleBigPlanet EULA said:
You authorise us, our affiliated companies and other PSN users, to use, distribute, copy, modify, display, and publish your User Material throughout PSN and other associated services. You also authorise us and our affiliated companies, without payment to you, to license, sell and otherwise commercially exploit your User Material (for example, selling subscriptions to access User Material and/or receiving advertising revenue related to User Material), and to use your User Material in the promotion of PlayStation products and services.
(declining disables the online section of the demo)

There aren't any subtitles either, which was annoying. Hopefully that's just a beta thing.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Anobyl said:
it keeps telling me The code I entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid...

I know it's entered correctly :(
You must enter it via a Euro PSN account. Get to makin one!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Azrael said:
They still haven't announced the contents of Qore Episode 5, have they? I really hope the download is for LBP.

Heres hoping, i'd say thats why a US Beta hasnt been announced yet............ fingers crossed cause i gots my subscription.

DMPrince said:
hopefully Kagari, Teknoman, Private Hoffman, and MiamiWesker got it working.

BTW. anyone can tell me if the 5th sharing is still active? since i used the code on the PC Store so that means the code may still work?

oh and those that know my information don't go giving it away right now ;o

I got it working. Loving it :D

It's really odd how some folks have not had success and it is locking them out after downloading it. I don't understand. It's not just Kagari, it's other people too.

Top Bottom