• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet - 'Catch-All' Hype & Information Thread (UK beta codes gogogo)

DMPrince said:
oh fuck. now it's locking me out of my own account? WTF?

You know what it might be doing. It may only allow 1 person to play at a time from the shared account. Is that why some people can download it but may not be able to play it?

Private Hoffman said:
You know what it might be doing. It may only allow 1 person to play at a time from the shared account. Is that why some people can download it but may not be able to play it?

nah it cant be. but how about you log off LBP lol and let some one else try lol JK jk. enjoy it.

Wait what? I go out with the girlfriend to shop for a while in the afternoon and I MISS ON THE LBP KEYS?!@#?

Oh god, im SO breaking up with her for this. :(

Same for me. PM a code or share or whatever you can do so I can play this game ! :(

Btw, is there any news about future beta codes ? Wich site ? When ? Etc.

cakefoo

Objects in foreground are closer than they appear.
a18c_1.JPG

Igo

Oni Jazar said:
I think reuters is wrong about that I recall it's no longer the case and they are using Blu-ray to capacity. I could be wrong though. Guled where did you hear it was 40 Gigs? The only dual layer game is MGS4 so far.

It was in that interview where the guy said it would be a different game on 360. It's should only be retail and it's 40gigs due to all the tutorials.

spwolf

Igo said:
It was in that interview where the guy said it would be a different game on 360. It's should only be retail and it's 40gigs due to all the tutorials.

Siren was 10 GB so what? We will see what happens, i will cross my fingers...

Mesijs

Why can't I connect a switch to rocket engines? Is that because i glued the rocket engines onto an object...?

Never mind... just made a giant rocket cat.

How can I colour it?

I won't believe LBP takes up 40GB of data until I see the disk info on a PS3 running LINUX or a PC w/ a BD-ROM. The beta takes up less than a gig, has the only pre-rendered footage in the game most likely (the 90 second intro) as well as most of the voice narration I would imagine. I mean all the textures and items take up so little space, so even if there are thousands more in the final build it won't really matter. I don't think there's any chance this game takes up 7GB more data than MGS4, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Burekma

Rez>You said:
10 * x = 40
x = 40/10
x = 4

IT ALL SEEMS SO SIMPLE NOW :eek:oooooo
mik said:
Amazing. :lol
I think the keyword you two are missing here is more.

LBP takes 30GB more space than Siren. 30GB = 10GB * 3, Which translates into 3 times more. At least thats how I understood GameGamer.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Burekma said:

LBP takes 30GB more space than Siren. 30GB = 10GB * 3, Which translates into 3 times more. At least thats how I understood GameGamer.
Touche, touche. I now come as an ass and all I have to show for it is a red-face. Fuck you all, I'm going to bed.

Burekma said:

Not really. The more just implies it's a greater number. What if I said a game was 3 times less than 10GB? Following your logic, the game would be -20GB.

poweld

Valkyr Junkie said:
Not really. The more just implies it's a greater number. What if I said a game was 3 times less than 10GB? Following your logic, the game would be -20GB.

But.. then if someone asked you how many french fries you could eat, and you were like "ohh, I dunno, 5 more"...

Nvm, I'm gonna go throw myself into the highway.

SetUhatU

Valkyr Junkie said:
has the only pre-rendered footage in the game most likely (the 90 second intro) .

There are also several video clips (although horribly compressed) in the stage maker area. For example, if you want to add a race gate it will ask you if you would like to see a video about the topic...there are quite a few of these but I doubt they will add up to 40gb.

Zoe

Valkyr Junkie said:

I think it's more common to say "4 times as much" rather than "4 times more."

tehbear

Zoe said:
I think it's more common to say "4 times as much" rather than "4 times more."

Most writers confuse "times more" with "times as much" anyways. Assume "times more" is probably used incorrectly and the author intends "times as much." No wonder people are confused.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
why are you guys debating on how much space lbp takes up?

they said themselves they are writing the game, then filling the left over disc space with levels.

so far we know there will be like 50 levels.

so, 50 levels + game = full disc

DeathNote said:

they said themselves they are writing the game, then filling the disc up with levels.

video tutorials. don't forget about that.

DeathNote said:

they said themselves they are writing the game, then filling the left over disc space with levels.

The mention I've heard of file size for levels is 5MB max. We know the size of the 'game' content, and it's less than a gig. Do the math, and it doesn't add up.

None of this matters at all of course. I just find it amusing when devs feel the need to embellish the size of their games like it matters to anyone besides Sony PR. MGS4 "filled up" a 50GB BD, but somehow that translated to only 32-33GB in real life.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Thx..

sidenizzo- THIS IS AN ONLINE GAME ONLY?...WOW THATS A DOWNER...So I can't even bring the game to my sister crib and play it with her?

Please tell me this will be an offline game also!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
deejay8595 said:
Thx..

sidenizzo- THIS IS AN ONLINE GAME ONLY?...WOW THATS A DOWNER...So I can't even bring the game to my sister crib and play it with her.

Please tell me this will be an offline game also!!

Up to 4 players can play offline already in the beta.

slider

DeathNote said:

I don't know about all that but I do know I made a shape today and was told something like "you can't add any more to this object". I was gutted. Gutted I tell you.

Ok, I was being incredibly stupid with this item but gonna do some more experimentation.

Top Bottom