• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet - 'Catch-All' Hype & Information Thread (UK beta codes gogogo)

jiggle

so apparently
most of the preorders are gone in the santa clara/san jose area D:
only 2 left in mountain view
I better go before those are gone too ><

deepbrown

BlazingDarkness said:
you can play user created levels 'offline', meaning, on your own.
but no, otherwise it's 'little big planet online beta'
I don't believe you can play any level offline...it just won't load up the level and say "connection failed." you have to be online to play the beta, whether by yourself or with friends.

kuYuri

Question... I preordered LBP from Best Buy to get the Nariko code. If I cancel the preorder, do I have to give the code back? I want to preorder LBP somewhere else.

Dever

Banned
Hopefully this hasn't been posted in the beta thread yet.. Anyways, the latest issue of Pelaaja(A Finnish gaming mag) gave LBP 10/10 saying it's the best game on PS3 etc. :D

deepbrown said:
I don't believe you can play any level offline...it just won't load up the level and say "connection failed." you have to be online to play the beta, whether by yourself or with friends.

uh.. i believe the levels themselves (at least user ones) are stored on the 'net... so you'll need an active internet connection to download them to play.. whether you are playing with others online, or locally.

Bishman

I am undecided about buying LBP. Can someone describe to me what kind of game LBP is trying to be? All I see is a level creator type of game. Will this game have a coherent story and a good single player? Is it a platformer? I know a lot of people have played the beta, so a little input would be helpful.

Hey guys, can someone Update M0dus's Little Big Planer theme with a decent Trophy icon. I love that theme but I dunno how to make a decent Trophy ICON in photoshop.

THanks

Raistlin

Christ ... just preordered from Gamestop, Best Buy, and GameCrazy.

Plan to dump the preorders for the first two since I've got the d/l codes :p

Downhome

Ok, I've got a quick question guys.

I got my hands on the game early, but I haven't played it yet. This is the only time I've ever been lucky enough to find a game before the official street date that can be played online.

Question: Is there any "danger" to going ahead and playing the game? Maybe a stupid question, but I don't want my online account on the PSN to get banned or anything like that.

actualy that awesome levels you guys here at gaf created are so good that iam finaly buying a ps3 :lol i realy loved that calculator map because its realy creative to use the given tools to do something amazing like that! i only had a wii until now but now lets the 4d next-gen begin! (i was going to buy a ps3 for ffxiii anyway)

Costanza

Banned
Downhome said:
Ok, I've got a quick question guys.

I got my hands on the game early, but I haven't played it yet. This is the only time I've ever been lucky enough to find a game before the official street date that can be played online.

Question: Is there any "danger" to going ahead and playing the game? Maybe a stupid question, but I don't want my online account on the PSN to get banned or anything like that.
Apparently the servers aren't up yet.

where'd you get it?

Downhome

I found it at Target. I went in to just check the clearance games and stuff, and down on the bottom of the case next to a bunch of the games with the clearance stickers was a single copy of LBP for some odd reason.

Downhome

For what it's worth, here's a couple of pictures:

1001039yj9.jpg

1001040mt7.jpg

Downhome

Maybe I'm crazy, but from playing just the first couple of levels, the controls actually feel a bit smoother and crisper than in the beta. Maybe it's just me, but moving back and forth between the three areas of front/back movement seems much easier, and the jumps seem just a tad bit less floaty.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Downhome said:
Maybe I'm crazy, but from playing just the first couple of levels, the controls actually feel a bit smoother and crisper than in the beta. Maybe it's just me, but moving back and forth between the three areas of front/back movement seems much easier, and the jumps seem just a tad bit less floaty.
Certain "men" will be in your quadrant shortly. Everythin will be ok!!!! *cries*

Downhome

Since this is the closest thing to an official thread, I'll post this here. I just got a big laugh out of something:

A meerkat dance club, complete with female meerkats and pole dancers! :lol

Top Bottom