• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition coming to PS3

-x.Red.x- said:
WTF!?, what I missed? when was this?
or joke?

This event made it seem like we would be getting FF7 DLC since MGS DLC was created
sackboytux.jpg

Keavy_Rain said:
I passed on LBP before, primarily because it launched when I did not have a PS3 and because I was worried the game might be one of those "Does not live up to the hype" titles.

With GOTY edition coming and solid proof the game has a thriving community, I will pick this up.

P.S. "Game of the Year" edition in gamespeak seems to mean "The version with all the stuff added to it." Unless its a recently released copy of Call of Duty 4.

I played LBP a lot last week clearing out my Hearted List, playing classic User levels and adding some of the more recent User levels.

I don't know how the online servers work, but most days there were 10,000+ players online. This spiked to 100,000 some nights. I'm in Dubai a much earlier timezone than US.

I updated my level and it slipped off the Cool Pages in a matter of minutes. There is no let up in the pace of User Created levels.

DMeisterJ

Banned
New infos!

PS Blog said:
Morning all! Today, we’re pleased to announce the upcoming release of LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year edition, which will ship to stores on September 8th for $59.99 with a “Sackful” of bonus content.

And while everyone unveils this type of news with a shiny new package front… grrrr… we wanted to be different and do the reverse…

3828482219_84e0fd58c2_o.jpg

…and spend some time on the back of the box to talk about what’s in this “Game of the Year” version:

* First off, you’ll get the full award-winning LittleBigPlanet gameplay experience, or as we like to call it “Play Create Share” – ok, that was a bit to ‘infomercially’ (sorry), but you get the idea. Everything that made LittleBigPlanet one of the biggest games on the PS3 is in there.

* Next, to give our new fans a taste of the over 1,000,000 user-generated levels available on the PlayStation Network, Media Molecule has hand-picked 18 extraordinary people to Create bonus levels specifically for the GOTY edition – complete with interviews with each creator. We loved how these levels turned out and hope you will to.

…and spend some time on the back of the box to talk about what’s in this “Game of the Year” version:

* And, for everyone looking for a great value, the GOTY edition includes 7 packs from the PlayStation Store. These packs feature tons of costumes, stickers, objects, new levels and the “Paintinator” to amplify the fun you’ll have. Once more, these are on the disc FREE (that’s nearly a $30 value)
Content Packs* include:
o Metal Gear Solid Level Pack – featuring the “Paintinator” paintball gun
o Metal Gear Solid Costumes
o Monsters Costumes
o Monsters Pack
o History Costumes
o History Pack
o Animals Costumes

Finally, as a peek at the next game in the “Play, Create, Share” family, a limited supply of LittleBigPlanet – Game of the Year Editions will include a special voucher code for the upcoming ModNation Racers Online Beta. This is your chance to play ModNation Racers before the game comes out in 2010. If you haven’t checked out ModNation yet, and you’re a big-time racing fan, always dreamed of creating your own track, or you’re into vinyl art – head on over to www.ModNation.com and register.

So to summarize the bonus content:

* 18 new levels made by players just like you
* 7 different content packs
* Exclusive access to the upcoming ModNation Online beta

All together, with bonus content valued at over $30, the award-winning experience and over 1,000,000 levels to play online, it’s a great offer for those that haven’t joined the LittleBigPlanet community yet…all bundled in one neat little ‘sack’.

3829281908_f458c07625_o.jpg

Blu_LED said:
Can you guys tell us anything? Will people with the regular LBP be able to get these levels?
From my understanding you should. The reason they're on the disc is to entice users who don't go online into doing so and realizing the breadth of level creation.

And yeah, if you look at the PS blog post, the upper left pic of the four levels is mine. :D

jump_button said:
<_<

>_>

shhhhhh

It's okay, you have clearance to speak. =P

vulva

If Jump The Fire Dong is in it, I'll buy it. I want to find that level again somehow... One of the funniest things ever. Of course it's offline, but man I wish I had it on my PS3

Happy Phantom said:
If Jump The Fire Dong is in it, I'll buy it. I want to find that level again somehow... One of the funniest things ever. Of course it's offline, but man I wish I had it on my PS3
Nah man, they're all new levels.

netguy503

If this is the only LBP news to come from the conference I'll be SOOOO mad!

And they expect us to pay full price again? Ha! I got my copy of LBP the day of release for $11 bucks and I don't feel like spending more than that. Hope Qore gets the ModNation Racers Beta.

netguy503

Will this game have a whole new trophy list to it? Can I buy it and get my trophy's and platinum all over again for example? (though I am on level 12 and I hear your trophy level moves up VERY slowly once you get to that level so I guess it doesn't matter that much :/).

That's cool that it's coming with the ModNations beta, and 18 levels. If I didn't have the game already, I would definitely get this.

netguy503

lastinline said:
That's cool that it's coming with the ModNations beta, and 18 levels. If I didn't have the game already, I would definitely get this.

ModNation BETA is LIMITED! It's NOT guaranteed you'll even get one if you get this again/ for the first time.

jump_button said:
so any idea who the other lucky 16 are?
I know one's on LBPC for sure, but I don't know if he posts there that much anymore. Everyone else is up for grabs really. There's a ton of US creators though from my understanding.

netguy503 said:
ModNation BETA is LIMITED! It's NOT guaranteed you'll even get one if you get this again/ for the first time.
I know. Even though it is limited, it's cool that some copies are coming with them.

netguy503

nskinnear said:
Hmm... I really want the ModNation Racers beta, but I already have LBP...

then don't buy it, it's the price of a full game ($60, aren't GOTY editions usually $50?) and you are not even guaranteed a BETA voucher. That would be the only thing to make me rebuy it as well but I'm sure I'll probably get in from Qore. I would also rebuy this if I could get my trophies/platinum again and if this acts like a separate game. That would be coll.

netguy503

donkey show said:
I know one's on LBPC for sure, but I don't know if he posts there that much anymore. Everyone else is up for grabs really. There's a ton of US creators though from my understanding.

so will this be the only LBP news announced tomorrow?

CHRP718

Banned
Buying the GOTY for the ModNation Racers Beta and then I'll give the game to my little cousin who is getting a PS3 in October.

I hope it's not an announcement about Online play is done and will be ready to be downloaded after they give the news.

Something big would be a "Sequel" coming to PSN but really is just an expansion that will blow minds.

borsdy

Banned
netguy503 said:
Will this game have a whole new trophy list to it? Can I buy it and get my trophy's and platinum all over again for example? (though I am on level 12 and I hear your trophy level moves up VERY slowly once you get to that level so I guess it doesn't matter that much :/).
This is a good question! I wouldn't mind getting this plat again :)

DMPrince said:
I hope it's not an announcement about Online play is done and will be ready to be downloaded after they give the news.

Something big would be a "Sequel" coming to PSN but really is just an expansion that will blow minds.
hint: online create is still in beta.

Ranger X

donkey show said:
hint: online create is still in beta.

So it's not an annoucement for the online create update with a demo or sump?

Color me curious. Will I definetely be interested as a creator anyways?

Hmm...

Ausohoj | August 17th, 2009 at 2:58 pm
Nice but.. Was this the big august 18th announcement? just wondering. But still, 18 extra levels and acsess to the Modnation racers beta? nice deal.

Mark Valledor replied on August 17, 2009 at 3:11 pm
Don’t worry…wait until tomorrow for “bigger” announcement.

Just a reminder, Mark posted on the PSblog a few weeks ago and said to watch the blog on the 18th of August because MM might have something to tell us. Many speculated that he was referring to this GOTY edition, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

Ranger X said:
So it's not an annoucement for the online create update with a demo or sump?

Color me curious. Will I definetely be interested as a creator anyways?

I'm pretty sure you guys will like tomorrows announcement. :D

Top Bottom