• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet is coming to the PC as a fan remake, first pre-alpha gameplay trailer

CyberPanda

Banned
Now here is a pleasant surprise. A group of LittleBigPlanet community members is working on a fan remake of LittleBigPlanet for the PC. This PC fan remake is called LittleBigPlanet Restitched, is non-profit, and you can find its pre-alpha gameplay trailer below.

As the team notes, this project will be available for free and is in no way meant to infringe the copyrighted content of the original title on which it is based. Obviously, the team is trying to avoid receiving a C&D letter. However, I don’t know whether Sony is fine with such a thing.

But anyway, the team of LittleBigPlanet Restitched is currently working on a brand new story mode. This story mode will feature universal moral messages, as well as exciting themes, curators, and prizes. Moreover, players will be able to play community levels, and create their own.

Players will be able to collect an assortment of new materials, stickers, decorations, objects, costumes, tools, and more. They will also collect and use an assortment of beautiful new stickers from the team’s designers and artists. Furthermore, all-new music from community composers will be available to use in their own creations.

LittleBigPlanet Restitched aims to feel the same way the original games do, so jumping into the fun should feel familiar and comfortable.

There is currently no ETA on when this LittleBigPlanet remake will come out. However, we’ll be sure to keep you posted. As such, enjoy the following trailer and stay tuned for more!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
3586547-2444887521-28537.jpg

Getting locked up over copy right laws isn't worth it IMO.

Fbh

Why not make something that's very similar to LBP but that is still its own unique thing that uses no copyrighted content? That way they don't have to worry about legal issues and they can even make a profit from it.

Showing this now is just asking for Sony to give them a call telling them to stop

dotnotbot

I think they simply want attention and recognition from media. They might release their own thing after this gets closed.

Last edited:

nikolino840

Why not make something that's very similar to LBP but that is still its own unique thing that uses no copyrighted content? That way they don't have to worry about legal issues and they can even make a profit from it.

Showing this now is just asking for Sony to give them a call telling them to stop
Becouse without the name Is Just crap that anyone care/download/click YouTube videos etc...

hunthunt

Banned
Ill never unsterstand why some indie devs announce their copyrighted projects before completion. Its like their are asking to be shutted down.

This is the way to go, just make an incredible game, complete it, and then announce and release it at the same time:

Last edited:

Holammer

LPB would have been a perfect fit for PC.
Being able to import geometry and textures would result in some crazy creations, like Garry's Mod it would have a vibrant community behind it.

Start making fan game (or some iconic scene in UE4)
Let all the hungry journos know so they can write 100 clickbait articles about
Get cease and desist
Put it on your portfolio for your employer to search for
Profit $$$???

Every goddamn time.

scalman

if you know you cant use that name , why even try ? it will be canned like all others. change name, change any asisiation with original then maybe it will see the daylight.

cellomonster

Neo Member
yo, dev here
this was supposed to be a small project with a few friends. we were given the clear by sumo digital (but not SCE themselves) to build this. we showed it off not anticipating it getting 100k+ views on yt. I'm totally expecting a c&d letter, but we'll see. regardless, something is going to come out of this project, be it directly lbp related or not. I started work on this thinking that, as long as it wasn't a Nintendo game, we'd probably be fine. I've since watched that video everyone keeps linking, the one about how fangame devs ought to *shut the fuck up.* We clearly didn't do our research, and we didn't expect this to get so much attention.

Becouse without the name Is Just crap that anyone care/download/click YouTube videos etc...
we didn't expect this to get much attention

Why do these people waste their talents remaking other people's games only to have them shut down? Do they just have talent and no imagination of their own to make something new that could be their own?
Cause we like the games, and we wanted to build something just because we thought it'd be fun. We're also working on our own original things too, just not together

Hope they enjoy the Cease and Desist.

if I had a nickel for every time this vid was linked

Looking for donations.

(After I made the above sentence, I went to their website..... well look at that right at the top..... Support Us --> Donate)
Donations are just to keep the site up. That was always there, even before we started working on this game

again, we're just a bunch of hobbyists who wanted to make something fun. We didn't know about the long history of fangames being taken down. We thought that was just a Nintendo thing. clearly not. if we get that dreaded letter we'll just be swapping out assets and changing things up enough.

not everything is created for selfish reasons

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Media Molecule gave them their blessing to make it as long as no money is made from it.

AFAIK, Sony owns the Little Big Planet IP, so it doesn't matter if Media Molecule gave them their blessing. These guys are going to get shut down.

Zenaku

This doesn't make sense to me. LittleBigPlanets premise isn't that unique. Why risk getting C&Ds when you can just make the game with another character and name, implement LBPs levels as "user-made" levels, and Sackboy as a mod afterwards?

Essentially a spiritual successor they could actually sell without legal issues.

Ar¢tos

The maker/rep for the maker is here and explained their reasons.
Can we stop shitting on them and be supportive with positive /helpful comments?
We can't keep blaming the split as the reason why most devs/cms left for Era when we keep acting like jerks whenever a dev shows up here.

Cato

Banned
yo, dev here
this was supposed to be a small project with a few friends. we were given the clear by sumo digital (but not SCE themselves) to build this. we showed it off not anticipating it getting 100k+ views on yt. I'm totally expecting a c&d letter, but we'll see. regardless, something is going to come out of this project, be it directly lbp related or not. I started work on this thinking that, as long as it wasn't a Nintendo game, we'd probably be fine. I've since watched that video everyone keeps linking, the one about how fangame devs ought to *shut the fuck up.* We clearly didn't do our research, and we didn't expect this to get so much attention.

Congrats. This looks absolutely awesome. I look forward to be able to play this.

Best of luck to you and the others in this project.

Top Bottom