• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Tntnnbltn

I think I've decided on an interface for my level. Rather than having sackboy running around with a jetpack, I think I'll use a remote control set-up with Sackboy hidden from view. By using left and right, the user will be able to select briefcases from a large bi-directional incremental wheel. Once they see a case they would like to choose, press R1 to release it from the wheel.

28taqf8.png

During the bank offer, R1 would be disabled and a moving panel would replace the centre part of the screen with the bank offer screen. The values would still be visible on the sides.

Ranger X

JRPereira said:
So what's the general consensus? Is it worth investing weeks upon weeks of time, racking up a minimum of 40 or so hours on a level, with so much going against it seeing the light of day/getting any plays at all?

Tntnnbltn's obviously putting in an enormous amount of effort into his level, and I can imagine it could very well be pretty popular, but certainly not through the cool levels list and probably not the currently in-game discovery tools - he's pretty much had to do something news-worthy and youtube-worthy to get noticed at all.

With how finicky the level editor can be and the amount of time required to do something truly great, I'm having trouble justifying spending time working on levels that would be extremely lucky to break 10 playthroughs and get a heart at all.

What's good is to put the needed time for your level to be pleasing for YOU.
But yeah, generally speaking, those incredible levels you see from the best creators aren't just 5 hours things. It's most definetely around 40 hours stuff.

axiomnightmare

Neo Member
How can they fix the searching system on the next one to reward newer levels that are till high quality? The ones on the most hearted lists are always the same and its very time consuming to find quality new levels.

kevm3

I'm really interested in seeing how the Sackbot concept plays ou in part 2. Should really make the game more interesting, as I've often felt al ot of the levels felt 'dead' in part 1 due to no sort of real enemies to face. Hopefully they upgrade the sackbot concept over time to include 'creatures' to be able to make things on four legs.

JRPereira

Ranger X said:
What's good is to put the needed time for your level to be pleasing for YOU.
But yeah, generally speaking, those incredible levels you see from the best creators aren't just 5 hours things. It's most definetely around 40 hours stuff.

Yea. I don't think that it's one of those situations where the journey is enriching as the destination. Oh well.

Carl

axiomnightmare said:
How can they fix the searching system on the next one to reward newer levels that are till high quality? The ones on the most hearted lists are always the same and its very time consuming to find quality new levels.

Vastly improved methods of sharing through LBP.me for a start, and enabling you to create a QR code for your level. Should help to get people to play them.

Also i think i saw at E3 that the searching system was completely scrapped and remade.

JRPereira said:
You mean one of these?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code

How's that meant to work?
using playstation eye. everyone should have one anyways if not Playstation Move will make you get the cam!!!

on cellphone when you scan the code it goes to the link that's encoded in the code.

I think they said they are always working to get an api out for cellphones.

because it would be weird to have to print out the code since i know i don't have the ps eye close enough to the computer.

Tntnnbltn said:
I think I've decided on an interface for my level. Rather than having sackboy running around with a jetpack, I think I'll use a remote control set-up with Sackboy hidden from view. By using left and right, the user will be able to select briefcases from a large bi-directional incremental wheel. Once they see a case they would like to choose, press R1 to release it from the wheel.

28taqf8.png

During the bank offer, R1 would be disabled and a moving panel would replace the centre part of the screen with the bank offer screen. The values would still be visible on the sides.
Goddam man. Good luck with your level!

After messing with LBP2 at E3, all that insane logic you had to mess with would be completed in a quarter of the time, if not less. Just sayin. =P

Ranger X

donkey show said:
The Marvel levels are pretty fun. Much better than the POTC Levels, that's for sure.

Damn, too bad the materials are shit. That was my main reasons for buying the pack but I'd like to play the levels :(

Is the background good? What about the music? We get at least one yeah? If both aren't too similar to what we have so far, this pack might be a good buy...

Ranger X said:
Damn, too bad the materials are shit. That was my main reasons for buying the pack but I'd like to play the levels :(

Is the background good? What about the music? We get at least one yeah? If both aren't too similar to what we have so far, this pack might be a good buy...

I still have yet to get everything, but the music tracks are awesome. Stuff you'd expect from a comic book movie soundtrack (i.e. great for boss fights, etc.). :D

Teknoman

donkey show said:
I still have yet to get everything, but the music tracks are awesome. Stuff you'd expect from a comic book movie soundtrack (i.e. great for boss fights, etc.). :D

Hype Max. Forgot this pack was releasing today.

Ranger X

donkey show said:

hmm... and is the new background really bringing something too? If yes I suppose I will buy the pack.

netguy503

Ranger X said:
hmm... and is the new background really bringing something too? If yes I suppose I will buy the pack.

No, background/materials are the let down of this pack. I like the city environment we got from the actual game MUCH better. Buy this pack for the EXCELLENT levels and music though.

jump_button said:
what are the music?

:( <==== have to wait for pal update
I don't quite remember the names since I'm at work, but there are 3 tracks. 2 are normal and 1 is interactive (low impact and high impact sliders). Great tracks altogether and like I said earlier, very comic book movie-esque.

You also get nothing for acing the levels (except the last one from what I remember), so don't bother unless you're OCD at that stuff like me. :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
netguy503 said:
No, background/materials are the let down of this pack. I like the city environment we got from the actual game MUCH better. Buy this pack for the EXCELLENT levels and music though.

That's how I felt...much better levels than PoTC but the mix of objects isn't as good.

Still, nice levels, nice ideas.

Mikey Jr.

Got the GOTY version of this game and cruised through the first set of levels to unlock the online portion.

Mind you, I only played this game BRIEFLY a long time ago.

Ok, is online fucked or is it just me? I select a custom level, see that it shows 60 people playing it, and select to play online.

Could not connect to that person.
or
Game timed out.
or
I join the game, but its just me.
or
Connection lost.

Is it my settings? Its on DMZ, so I dont think thats it, but the online portion cant be that messed up, can it?

CozMick

Banned
Are the Marvel levels of the same quality as the PotC and MGS level kits? worth replaying etc......

Or are they History/Monster level kit quality?

Thanks

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
CozMick said:
Are the Marvel levels of the same quality as the PotC and MGS level kits? worth replaying etc......

Or are they History/Monster level kit quality?

Thanks

Better than PoTC. Not sure I'd say they're as good or better than the MGS levels.

You don't get a new gadget as with the PoTC/MGS packs though. And the collectables are more sticker-heavy than in those other packs too.

CozMick

Banned
gofreak said:
Better than PoTC. Not sure I'd say they're as good or better than the MGS levels.

You don't get a new gadget as with the PoTC/MGS packs though. And the collectables are more sticker-heavy than in those other packs too.

Is there a slight objective/story as seen in the MGS/PotC packs or is it just a place to collect your prize bubbles?

Thanks for the help and info gofreak :D

Ranger X

CozMick said:
Is there a slight objective/story as seen in the MGS/PotC packs or is it just a place to collect your prize bubbles?

Thanks for the help and info gofreak :D

It's real levels like POTC and MGS pack and not "galleries" like the Monster and History packs.

CozMick

Banned
Fuck Yeah!

Thanks Ranger X, gonna grab them now.

Appreciate the help,
I'm kind of a tight git when it comes to buying stuff from the store, especially after buying the Resurgence map pack :p

Teknoman

Marvel music is awesome, and would make for some great chase scenes/cutscenes. Starting the first stage now, and if there are MP items to snag, count me in.

netguy503

Teknoman said:
Marvel music is awesome, and would make for some great chase scenes/cutscenes. Starting the first stage now, and if there are MP items to snag, count me in.

I still need the 4x help on the third stage I believe. Are you on my friends list (I think we played the Resident Evil DLC together)? If anyone can help, or needs this too my PSN ID is Netguy503 and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.:D

BTW, watching other people (and myself) get hit by the signs on the moving truck....BEST.GAMING.MOMENT.EVER!:D :lol

Teknoman

netguy503 said:
I still need the 4x help on the third stage I believe. Are you on my friends list (I think we played the Resident Evil DLC together)? If anyone can help, or needs this too my PSN ID is Netguy503 and I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.:D

BTW, watching other people (and myself) get hit by the signs on the moving truck....BEST.GAMING.MOMENT.EVER!:D :lol

Yeah I am. I'll probably go solo through the stages and then go MP for the rest.

EDIT: I've got to figure out how to make a stage like the freeway chase. I know the stage isnt actually moving since the background is in the same spot, so i'm guessing there is some sort of emitter work going on.

:lol stage 3 = mega man.

Wowbagger

donkey show said:
You also get nothing for acing the levels (except the last one from what I remember), so don't bother unless you're OCD at that stuff like me. :lol

Not true, each level awards you three items for acing it. Which sucks, cause I can't ace the first level no matter how many times I try. That last part where you have to climb up to avoid rising gas is brutal.

Anyone know if you get anything useful for acing the first level?

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 43

PS3 Spotlight

Scrumpy Sack by Ungreth/Ungreth
Tea by the Sea by bonner123/bonner123
Gyre Woods by Toykyo/ToykyoMegaplex
Chinatown's Bear-Shaped Problem by Holguin86 and Keldur/Holguin86
Of Mice and Moon Cheese by antman/amblaze
Sack, The legendary - Level 6 of 13 - Part 1 by Luos_Desruc/Luos_Desruc
The Collector's Vacation Island by Richasackboy/Richasackboy
SteamVille 2 by Art_of_Tyler/Art_of_Tyler
Cirque de la Nuit by ladylyn1/ladylyn1
Aperture Laboratories: Part One by comphermc/comphermc
The Honey Hive by shookie99/SX_shookie99
Shock Factory 2010 by shawneboi/Shawneboi
Rooftop Rampage by GrantosUK/GruntosUK
Tricorn Bear and the Case of the Mysterious Berry Plant! by pulsemap/pulsemap

PSP Spotlight

&#12473;&#12540;&#12497;&#12540;&#12522;&#12499;&#12483;&#12484; &#12502;&#12521;&#12470;&#12540;&#12474; (Super sackboy bros.) by hphzq966/prstu
Isla Moya by VelcroJonze/VelcroJonze
Jack McHan and Etlentos - Part 1 by HonzaM25/HonzaM25
Triathlon Trouble by Arrestor/Maboe84
Under Construction by Coxy224/Coxy224

Travado

netguy503 said:

That part was really funny. :lol :lol :lol :lol

I got the 4x players prizes bubbles today, it is very difficult to get four people, I tried all week and only today got 4 people to grab that itens. LBP2 need a better matchmaking system.

netguy503

Travado said:
That part was really funny. :lol :lol :lol :lol

I got the 4x players prizes bubbles today, it is very difficult to get four people, I tried all week and only today got 4 people to grab that itens. LBP2 need a better matchmaking system.

You did it without me. Didn't you see my post above? :(

Xenon

Ted is spending the day "with" his father at his company. Thankfully he brought a PSP and a book so the morning went by by quickly. It's almost noon and Ted is getting hungry.

LBP PSP
PSN:XenonHMW
Level: Ted & Robi

This is a story driven adventure level. I would give more description but I think it will work better if people go in without having any idea of what the levels about. I hope everyone enjoys it.

19ngux.jpg

2gsfih0.jpg

4nj8z.jpg
[/div]

Travado

netguy503 said:
You did it without me. Didn't you see my post above? :(

I can help you with that, add me: DenisAugusto_PS :D

Rhys125, a user from Lbp Central posted the first Sackhero that will be in Marvel Costume Kit 2, its Spider-man.

13203storystory_full-9031894..jpg

netguy503

SolidusDave said:
I had hopes for full body animated flames :/

How can you tell they are animated or not from a still screenshot? My wish is that the flames are animated too.

The Elecktra image they just released today, however, is AWFUL. Easily the worst costume so far. :/

netguy503 said:
How can you tell they are animated or not from a still screenshot? My wish is that the flames are animated too.

It looks to me as if they use thin cloth shapes attached to the sackboy, just like they did for the torch of the Statue of Liberty costume. Will probably still look good when the sackboy is moving, but a "real" glowing/burning skin would have been nice.

Mikey Jr.

Anybody here play LBP regularly that wants to friend up? I have like 30 people on my friend list and nobody plays which sucks. I resort to having to use quickplay to get some online going.

Ranger X

Mikey Jr. said:
Anybody here play LBP regularly that wants to friend up? I have like 30 people on my friend list and nobody plays which sucks. I resort to having to use quickplay to get some online going.

Well, I am looking for buds in order to complete the 2 players and 4 players parts in the Marvel pack levels...

Top Bottom