• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet (VITA) trailer

Takao

Banned
This and Modnation will be godly with the control inputs Vita has.

I'm not afraid of Sony's first party support at all. They're bringing a tonne of great looking stuff.

This game looks like it was meant for this kind of input methods. If it has a level creator I bet it is great with the touchscreen.

Its amazing how much LBP has evolved. And this time I can see the incentive to have the PS3 and PSV versions of the game (namely unique controls)

mr_nothin

Banned
Hopefully this will allow us to create and publish levels for the PS3 version.
With all the tools from LBP2, the Vita would become a creation hub for a ton of creators. It looks way easier to create content on the Vita.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
gketter said:
Its amazing how much LBP has evolved. And this time I can see the incentive to have the PS3 and PSV versions of the game (namely unique controls)

Yes, this 100 times this.
The PSP features justify a second purchase.

honestly if sony can get even half the games they have listed as "hardware launch" release date they will have me broke. lbp<3

Chris_C

Held back on LBP2, will get this on the Vita. At first glance this would appear to be the definitive version of LBP. I can't believe this and Golden Abyss are first gen games on a handheld.

KingDizzi

Banned
This was the stand out game for me at the conference, just perfect. Used all the different functions Vita has without seeing like a big gimmick, the mini-games using touch screen looked cool. Same cannot se said about Uncharted where it looked really forced, shoving it down the throat. MM are making this right? Shows what a first party that makes console games can do on a handheld. Unless is Cambridge in which case egg on my face and also MM because this looks expectional.

There will be a lot of penis pics and costumes I guess.

Possibility of cross platform play and or access to the millions of existing levels from the PS3 version?

Kandinsky

Best game from Sony this E3 hands down, just amazing potential, i cant wait, this one and Rayman are my GOTS so far, fuck yeah platformers ftw.

OneMoreQuestion said:
Is it strange that I'm looking forward to this the most out of the rest of the VITA titles?
No, it makes perfect sense.

I hope when you buy the Vita version you can sync it with LBP2 and import all materials/objects from Vita to LBP2.

I wants those materials and objects.

Takao

Banned
Marius_ said:
Anybody have that pic they showed at the conference were Sackboy and the player are touching by the finger.

It's a great shot, haha:

201106061939.jpg

RyanardoDaVinci said:
I hope when you buy the Vita version you can sync it with LBP2 and import all materials/objects from Vita to LBP2.

I wants those materials and objects.

It's been confirmed that you can sync the costumes, at least.

Raistlin

Tell me if this is a weird idea but given this supports touch, and demoed stuff like rubber-band physics (Angry Birds) ...

... could this actually be big with the phone development community to use as proof-of-concept when exploring game ideas?

Angry Fork

Takao said:
It's a great shot, haha:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/06/201106061939.jpg[/[/QUOTE]
That shot is adorable. I can't wait to get Vita + this. I hope it's a launch game.

The Lamp

Brandon F said:
Will they fix the jumping?

The jumping is fine and works for the realistic physics platforming they go for. LBP2 pretty much made it a non-issue anyway since the levels were designed better around its own jumping mechanics.

But if you're going to troll, you should know that you can create your own jumping physics since LBP2.

Anyway, this looks amazing. I seriously cannot wait.

Dedication Through Light said:
How will it handle those levels designed with and for Move?
Since what we've seen so far from LBP's Move implementation is pointer only stuff, I imagine it would be easily done with the touchscreen.

DoomXploder7 said:
honestly if sony can get even half the games they have listed as "hardware launch" release date they will have me broke. lbp<3
As much as I love LBP, I would rather they don't rush the game in order to get it out the door in time for the vita launch.

I think level won't be cross platforms, just costumes and stickers. it'd be weird for Vita to be able to play PS3 levels, while PS3 can't because they don't have front and back touchscreen.

Top Bottom