• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleWoods[UK Retailer] puts GTAV Current-Gen release date for 14/11/2014

Kayant

The Xbox One, PS4 & PC versions of Grand Theft Auto V have been available for pre-order at various retailers for a couple of months now, with most holding a “provisional placeholder” or similar date of November. Today, however, it seems catalog giant Littlewoods know something a little more concrete, with their pre-order page holding a delivery date of November 14th.

gtavlittlewoods.jpg

Via - http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/09/01/new-gen-grand-theft-auto-v-dated-by-retailer/

Same week as Halo, Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition I think?

Fake edit: Assassins Creed Unity/Rogue and The Crew as well?

The new October 7th! Everyone desperate to get out for Black Friday

Actual edit: Seems FC4 and DAI are the week after

Yasawas

That's my birthday week so I'm off work and I can sit in my pants and play it all day. I hope it's true.

Now watch people who don't know what Littlewoods is go into hysterics over the price.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Placeholder most likely.

Everyone commenting on the price, surely you know what LW are like? They pray on the poor and inpatient.

Xando

EA and Ubisoft gonna delay everything :D

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

I hate summer.

HowZatOZ

Banned

Whenever Rockstar announces GTA V's date, everyone will steer well clear of it. That game has a crazy magnitude for sucking time away from gamers, and no doubt it will do it again on current-gen/PC.

Littlewoods is part of a catalogue chain (Shop Direct) so the prices are always hiked-up for interest rates. This is probably based on £50.00 RRP.

At first I was like: Isn't it already on current-gen?

Then I remembered next-gen is now current-gen. Can't get used to that yet, I still call Xbox 360 and PS3 next-gen...

Littlewoods is part of a catalogue chain (Shop Direct) so the prices are always hiked-up for interest rates. This is probably based on £50.00 RRP.

Still too much (unless they add a significant amount of new content). Because I'm a dumb Gta fan, I'll be buying it anyway though.

The title having UK retailer needs to explain what the retailer is and how much trust you should give it. If it was a gaming retailer giving that date sure but Littlewoods? Slow news day?

Don't they do finance payments on everything? Like pay £8.75 a week for 8 weeks to get GTA5?
Pretty much this. I think you can pay it all at once but it is a pain and may still appear on your credit report. From what I gather the only reason anyone uses then is when they have a £30 off first order offer (or similar).

Son Of D

Hhahahahahahahah

Hahahahahahahahhaahhha

£70?

U WOT M8?????

More like £25 max.

GTA5 on PS3/360 sometimes go under £25 pre-owned (been £22 at CEX for a while now) or when it's on sale. GTA5 PS4/XB1 will be £30+ for a long time I think.

Whenever Rockstar announces GTA V's date, everyone will steer well clear of it. That game has a crazy magnitude for sucking time away from gamers, and no doubt it will do it again on current-gen/PC.

Everyone has already piled out of October, the games that look to me (ACU, DAI) like the biggest candidates to slip got moved into November from mid-late October, everyone is desperate for those Black Friday sales pile-up/buggy games be damned, i'd suspect.

Daffy Duck

Hhahahahahahahah

Hahahahahahahahhaahhha

£70?

U WOT M8?????

More like £25 max.

Do not take any price Littlewoods have as standard, they are a retailer who price things high and allow people to pay it off weekly. It is no way indicative of anything.

Lashley

Very offer better prices than LW and all the same payment options, plus Take 3. Dunno why LW is still in business and why people use them.

Footos22

I use Very often, never had problems

Same here.
Hotukdeals always automatically cancel any deal you post with them in it.

Shame they all missed out on a £319 ps4 at launch
mine came.

got diablo ps4 for a 5er as they often send me £50 off if spend so much the motnh before etc.
always buy kids birthday/christmas presents from there so thats easy to achieve. and it all interest free for 12 months and can pay back however much you like off whatever you want.

top class tbh

Nzyme32

I swear Littlewoods went out of business.

Definitely true retail wise, but I had no idea they had online stuff. Either way, with that price it seems like the whole thing is place holder. Nothing interesting here other than littlewoods still existing

Lashley

Same here.
Hotukdeals always automatically cancel any deal you post with them in it.

Shame they all missed out on a £319 ps4 at launch
mine came.

got diablo ps4 for a 5er as they often send me £50 off if spend so much the motnh before etc.
always buy kids birthday/christmas presents from there so thats easy to achieve. and it all interest free for 12 months and can pay back however much you like off whatever you want.

top class tbh

Aye I got my PS4 from them too

Top Bottom