• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

King Tubby

Feb 22, 2013
Haha I'm surprised people are so impressed with so little. No characters, no setting? Not sure that was worth all the hype but I guess it's better than nothing

Have you played Personas 3 and 4? The prospect of getting another game like those but on superior hardware is enough.

GamingBird

May 29, 2013
At least we can import the Sony stuff.

I'm from Europe, so PersonaQ will probably NEVER be played and released here.

This will probably never happen. Six months US delay is the shortest time that sounds reasonable to me.

What about SMT IV? 2 months for SMT IV.

So... what does this mean for Persona 5?

Azure J

Jun 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
twitter.com
I'm really happy I managed to stay awake long enough to see this go down. Hearing about how GAF went down because "GIB PERSONA 5 PLS; I HAET YOU ALTUS" after the fact just wouldn't have been as fun, especially with all of that marvelous teasing.

Also, where the fuck did that Wii U rumor come from?

Soulflarz

Banned
Oct 16, 2012
Chicago

Seriously tho. <3 you all. I'll forget all the unpleasantness in the thread
WE JUST NEED PERSONA 5

Darryl

May 3, 2011
This rollercoaster of emotions was hilarious. Normally people would be outraged at just a flash of text as an announcement.

MilkBeard

Jun 20, 2013
Just wanted to pop in and say that Atlus has treated you like kings compared to what Square-Enix has done to Final Fantasy fans.

I know right? If this were Square Enix, it would be Persona Q iOS, Persona dance game iOS and Persona 5 Card Battle Plus.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Feb 1, 2008
In the cold.
Looking forward to hearing the interview and any more details.

Time to crash now, and dream of worldwide release, though I know it won't happen.

Zero-Crescent

Nov 3, 2009
Jeez, those meltdowns in the chat were downright embarrassing. We got a dungeon-crawling crossover game, a rhythm game featuring the series'(?) soundtrack, more info on Arena 2 (console release,
Adachi
), and a teaser for 5. This stream exceeded my expectations.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Sep 19, 2012
Have you played Personas 3 and 4? The prospect of getting another game like those but on superior hardware is enough.

I just meant for this announcement. I mean we already knew P5 existed. I suppose people are just happy it's on PS3 instead of 3DS or something? Guess I was really hoping to see even one screenshot of the art style or something after 72 hours... Anyway I'm not mad or anything and we'll get more soon enough. I'm glad everyone is hyped

Hasney

Dec 6, 2012
Just wanted to pop in and say that Atlus has treated you like kings compared to what Square-Enix has done to Final Fantasy fans.

Precisely. If this was a SquareEnix thing, all you would have had would be FFXIII-4: Lightning is only in a bra now.

LiquidSolid

Aug 15, 2010
Most of you aren't worthy of Atlus, all the hate they got till they announced P5 was insane.

/dead

They're a fucking company, not a deity. The only reason they continue to exist is because people buy their products. If Square Enix had pulled off that exact show, this thread would be 300 pages long and filled with nothing but hatred.

Zukuu

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
Has to be worldwide release, at least be like P4U or as close as SMT IV

Please no. P4U got ported to europe (after changing ONE LINE OF CODE) over a year later and SMT IV is still not released. Please be everything BUT those two.

Just have no region lock god dammit.

bobbychalkers

Oct 11, 2010
That was fun, but atlusprime is right....yall mofo's need Jesus. Twitch people you too....doubly for that matter. Who the fuck threatens to rape a bear?

Lucc

Jan 31, 2008
We had hope, we had anger, we had bargaining, we had depression, we had acceptance and in the end we got our redemption.

we even managed to break GAF for a while. I guess we can say good thread 10/10. want to experience again.

chrominance

May 24, 2013
Still weirded out by all the other games. Like, no one actually wants any of them, right? And they're still real? Are we just assuming they'll sell metric shittons because it's Persona? WE ARE SLAVES, AREN'T WE?

darksagus

Jun 9, 2009
Ohio
That was the best reveal I've ever seen, from the trolling to the insane hype at the end. Now that I know P5 is coming for PS3, I'm happy about that 3DS game.

A-V-B

Jun 10, 2013
Oh, my God. That baiting was LEGENDARY. Anticlimax after anticlimax, countdown after countdown. It was either going to be a disaster, or it was such a well-calculated letdown that you knew they had to deliver at the end.

Let it be said that Atlus has NOT forgotten how to keep an audience riveted in completely cruel ways, but still be kind at heart. GJ guys.