• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Persona7

Banned
3t63g.gif

scarjo_popcornqhskv.gif

I am prepared for this.

Alrighty. 3 am. Just got back from 7/11 with some snacks, tea, and a nice helping of crow just in case.

Everyone else got their crow ready?

Still prepared for PS3/360/Wii U

Sandfox

Ideally this will be a P5 announcement and the characters will be adults, dont get me wrong I FUCKING LOVE P3/4 but a change in tone would be nice

"We have a product for people who don't want to platy as high school kids, it's called Shin Megami Tensei"

The high school thing is probably going to stay since its probably part of the appeal with the fanbase.

Please for the love of god be Cross-gen. No way in hell I'm paying 200$ for a last-gen console just to play one game even if it's part of one of my favorite game series. It can come out for PS3 but I hope they give this a PS4 release as-well considering this isn't coming out until 2014. The idea of releasing a new game that late into the console's life and not have a release for it's hot successful successor just sounds stupid to me.

Persona 4 came out on the PS2 in 2008.

Dr. Buni

Please for the love of god be Cross-gen. No way in hell I'm paying 200$ for a last-gen console just to play one game even if it's part of one of my favorite game series. It can come out for PS3 but I hope they give this a PS4 release as-well considering this isn't coming out until 2014. The idea of releasing a new game that late into the console's life and not have a release for it's hot successful successor just sounds stupid to me.
The idea of ignoring a huge install base to release a game in a console that just a few people currently have is what sounds extremely stupid to me :p While I think the cross-gen idea is good and the ideal, we shouldn't have to buy a PS4 to play it just because you don't want it on the PS3. If it is exclusive to one system, it must be for the PS3 or the Vita.
Is the OP link the only stream? It keeps telling me to get premium to view it.
http://www.twitch.tv/ishamaruisorath

misterF

Neo Member
*whips out dick*

Didn't expect this on neogaf, burst out laughing.

Back on topic, I'm only a couple hours into P3 FES and still have P4 and all the other SMT games to go through but I am incredibly hyped for this announcement! Can't wait to see what the new engine looks like! Would it be unreasonable to hope it looks like Catherine?

The idea of ignoring a huge install base to release a game in a console that just a few people currently have is what sounds extremely stupid to me :p While I think the cross-gen idea is good and the ideal, we shouldn't have to buy a PS4 to play it just because you don't want it on the PS3. If it is exclusive to one system, it must be for the PS3 or the Vita.
http://www.twitch.tv/ishamaruisorath

The PS4 has already sold over a million units in the USA alone within 24hrs and still has millions in the USA waiting for new shipments. This game probably won't release until late 2014 for the USA/Euro which by then the sales of the PS4 will probably be over 10mil. Most PS3 owners will have moved on by late 2014 anyways. Also this is a niche series that won't sell millions of copies anyways, it doesn't need a huge install base. People who dished out the money for next-gen shouldn't have to miss out on what's probably going to be a 2014 title because the company wants to release it on a 8yr old console.

TripleSun

The PS4 has already sold over a million units in the USA alone within 24hrs and still has millions in the USA waiting for new shipments. This game probably won't release until late 2014 for the USA/Euro which by then the sales of the PS4 will probably be over 10mil. Most PS3 owners will have moved on by late 2014 anyways. Also this is a niche series that won't sell millions of copies anyways, it doesn't need a huge install base. People who dished out the money for next-gen shouldn't have to miss out on what's probably going to be a 2014 title because the company wants to release it on a 8yr old console.

Completely agree with you.

Sandfox

I think you're overestimating the power of Persona outside of Japan.

Dr. Buni

Most PS3 owners will have moved on by late 2014 anyways. Also this is a niche series that won't sell millions of copies anyways, it doesn't need a huge install base.
Yeah, I don't think so.

Anyway, I am tired of console wars, it will be released for whatever system Sega/Atlus wants. Lets just hope the PS3 is the choice or one of the choices.

Dorj

Banned

And how many of the million people are willing to buy a JRPG? Not many I guess.

Also the Ps4 will most likely have a little drought of jrpgs. Persona 5 could easily become the Ps4's first big jrpg and could also help the team get into PS4 development far quicker.

Top Bottom