• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Tiu Neo

The PS4 has already sold over a million units in the USA alone within 24hrs and still has millions in the USA waiting for new shipments. This game probably won't release until late 2014 for the USA/Euro which by then the sales of the PS4 will probably be over 10mil. Most PS3 owners will have moved on by late 2014 anyways. Also this is a niche series that won't sell millions of copies anyways, it doesn't need a huge install base. People who dished out the money for next-gen shouldn't have to miss out on what's probably going to be a 2014 title because the company wants to release it on a 8yr old console.

And then, there's Japan, their home country. I can see it being for Vita, because portables are a bit more popular there right now.

Sakura

Please for the love of god be Cross-gen. No way in hell I'm paying 200$ for a last-gen console just to play one game even if it's part of one of my favorite game series. It can come out for PS3 but I hope they give this a PS4 release as-well considering this isn't coming out until 2014. The idea of releasing a new game that late into the console's life and not have a release for it's hot successful successor just sounds stupid to me.

The PS4 isn't even out in Japan for several more months, meanwhile Persona 4 came out for PS2 2 years after the PS3 had been out. I think it's pretty unlikely the game will be on next gen consoles.

MormaPope

Banned
What I would like to see:

1. Persona 3 FES/Persona 4 Golden HD collection, released on every platform possible

2. Persona 5 on Current gen consoles and last gen consoles

3. Any console release for any Persona thing

Welp I can't go to sleep anyways, I might as well stay up an extra 30mins to see the announcement. Hopefully it's something good. I haven't been following anything so far so my hype is at 0.

If it's a good announcement then prepare for my hype to go from 0 - 100 very fast.

The PS4 isn't even out in Japan for several more months, meanwhile Persona 4 came out for PS2 2 years after the PS3 had been out. I think it's pretty unlikely the game will be on next gen consoles.

So you're saying P5 will be a PS4 launch title in Japan

Hell no, have you seen what we act like? Persona fans are rabid fans, and you can bet that word of mouth would spread.

~ a bunch of people with anime avatars :p

Hyunashi

The PS4 has already sold over a million units in the USA alone within 24hrs and still has millions in the USA waiting for new shipments. This game probably won't release until late 2014 for the USA/Euro which by then the sales of the PS4 will probably be over 10mil. Most PS3 owners will have moved on by late 2014 anyways. Also this is a niche series that won't sell millions of copies anyways, it doesn't need a huge install base. People who dished out the money for next-gen shouldn't have to miss out on what's probably going to be a 2014 title because the company wants to release it on a 8yr old console.

I could see it being crossgen tbh. It wont be a graphical powerhouse kind of game.

As long as it isnt on the 3DS, I dont care.

Trigger

30 minutes to greatness!

Gp2xS.gif

MormaPope

Banned
I could see it being crossgen tbh. It wont be a graphical powerhouse kind of game.

As long as it isnt on the 3DS, I dont care.

Exactly. What would Persona as a series gain with next gen consoles? As long as the art design is great Persona can be on anything.

akaoni

Banned
People actually thinking Persona 4 will come out for PS4.... If Atlus are putting anything on consoles it's going to be with the well established systems people already own, maybe even several titles in the future. Or handhelds of course. PS4 development would a complete waste of money for them.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I had the livestream up on ipad for the last 15 minutes and forgot about it.

Japanese voice out of nowhere scared the shit out of me.

And then, there's Japan, their home country. I can see it being for Vita, because portables are a bit more popular there right now.

Doing Vita/PS3 multiplatform seems to be very easy looking at what is published in Japan that way they are covered in their home market and overseas.

Sandfox

Hell no, have you seen what we act like? Persona fans are rabid fans, and you can bet that word of mouth would spread.

I don't think that would be enough to make it a big name title in the west.

So you're saying P5 will be a PS4 launch title in Japan

There is no way Atlus has that kind of turnaround and if it was coming at launch it probably would've been at the Japanese PS4 event.

Top Bottom