• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

Dr. Buni

There is a suppossively leaked source of info saying that Persona 5 is for 3DS coming 2015 on 2.ch D:

Dunno if i can link the link
ibq7BDmgQneaBe.gif

Better than being a PS4 title

Seriously, PS3 PLEASE

Sophia

I'd wait on trusting something from 2ch. It tends to be unreliable.

We're probably going to find out in 18 minutes anyhow.

7threst

So I'm thinking something like this:

Game:
Great = P5
Good = P4-2 followup
Why didn't we see this coming = P4A2
Oh come on = P4 port

Platform
Great = PS4, PS4, Vita and PC
Good = PS3
Bad = Anything region locked
Hilarious = ios

Cast
Great = New cast, older
Good = Old cast, older
Bad = Ken and Teddie detective agency

I wouldn't mind a full-fledged Persona 3 FES for Vita with the battlesystem from Persona 4 and male and female leadcharacters from P3P. Also, I wouldn't mind a Persona-game for 3DS too,

Velcro Fly

3DS would be a safe choice I suppose.

It would feel so bad to have all 5 persona games on my Vita and then Persona 5 is on the 3DS

Sakura

JRPGs are pretty much done when it comes to putting up big numbers in the west since a lot of people just don't seem to play then anymore or are turned off by the anime influences.

Didn't the latest Tales game and that Ni No Kuni game do pretty good numbers here?

Soriku

Eh, there are some JRPG's in the pipeline for Sony. Ni No Kuni 2, some new Tales game, FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3. You'll get your love, but Atlus isn't stupid enough to urinate on their entire fanbase.

Ninokuni 2...?

Also 2015 hahaha.

There is a supposedly leaked source of info saying that Persona 6 is for Game Gear coming yesterday in my ass

I'd type a mock post about how worried I am that P6 is absolutely confirmed for Game Gear if I wasn't exhausted and coincidentally awake and available to watch this reveal right now.

Hard to believe it's been over 4 years since I played through P3 and P4. This has really been a long time coming.

LTWheels

As a European, if it's on the 3ds, the series might as well be dead for me unless Sega are actually going to take over the publishing.

Sandfox

I still think its funny that people get so mad at the though of P5 being for the 3DS. SMTIV was well recieved so I don't care what platform its for as long as it isn't mobile.

Didn't the latest Tales game and that Ni No Kuni game do pretty good numbers here?

They did good for JRPGs but not big numbers and Persona probably wouldn't sale as well as Tales and the power of Ghibli.

MormaPope

Banned
Eh, there are some JRPG's in the pipeline for Sony. Ni No Kuni 2, some new Tales game, FFXV, and Kingdom Hearts 3. You'll get your love, but Atlus isn't stupid enough to urinate on their entire fanbase.

I'm just saying what would be the biggest clusterfuck, there's almost no chance a Persona game would be exclusive on a Microsoft platform. Microsoft would rather go after FF XV/KH3 DLC or something.

Welp, wasn't planning to but I ended up staying up. TOO HYPED TO CARE.

If this ends up being some mobile drivel, I'm gonna weep into countless cavernous hot-pockets as I guzzle them down.

_woLf

I swear, as much as I want a persona game on 3ds, if it's P5 and it's exclusive to 3ds I'm going to be really disappointed.

Top Bottom