• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

At least we can import the Sony stuff.

I'm from Europe, so PersonaQ will probably NEVER be played and released here.

This will probably never happen. Six months US delay is the shortest time that sounds reasonable to me.

What about SMT IV? 2 months for SMT IV.

So... what does this mean for Persona 5?

Azure J

I'm really happy I managed to stay awake long enough to see this go down. Hearing about how GAF went down because "GIB PERSONA 5 PLS; I HAET YOU ALTUS" after the fact just wouldn't have been as fun, especially with all of that marvelous teasing.

Also, where the fuck did that Wii U rumor come from?

Soulflarz

Banned
A1hgDyGCQAAdt4J.jpg:large

Seriously tho. <3 you all. I'll forget all the unpleasantness in the thread
WE JUST NEED PERSONA 5

Darryl

Banned
This rollercoaster of emotions was hilarious. Normally people would be outraged at just a flash of text as an announcement.

Goldenhen

But the PS3 can't be emulated by my Vita, isn't my Vita and can't stream to my Vita :(

It's much better than a 3DS exclusive, but I do wonder why Atlus releases Persona on consoles that have just died. First the PS2 in 2008 and then the PSV in 2012.

Cause they need money to pay the development of Persona 5.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Looking forward to hearing the interview and any more details.

Time to crash now, and dream of worldwide release, though I know it won't happen.

Jeez, those meltdowns in the chat were downright embarrassing. We got a dungeon-crawling crossover game, a rhythm game featuring the series'(?) soundtrack, more info on Arena 2 (console release,
Adachi
), and a teaser for 5. This stream exceeded my expectations.

m0t0k1

I think the hate for all the other games announced is disgusting. just because it isnt p5 doesnt mean they are bad. Spin offs can be fun and bring new gameplay into the series. I am probably more excited for the dance game and eo persona then p5.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Have you played Personas 3 and 4? The prospect of getting another game like those but on superior hardware is enough.

I just meant for this announcement. I mean we already knew P5 existed. I suppose people are just happy it's on PS3 instead of 3DS or something? Guess I was really hoping to see even one screenshot of the art style or something after 72 hours... Anyway I'm not mad or anything and we'll get more soon enough. I'm glad everyone is hyped

Hasney

Just wanted to pop in and say that Atlus has treated you like kings compared to what Square-Enix has done to Final Fantasy fans.

Precisely. If this was a SquareEnix thing, all you would have had would be FFXIII-4: Lightning is only in a bra now.

Most of you aren't worthy of Atlus, all the hate they got till they announced P5 was insane.

/dead

They're a fucking company, not a deity. The only reason they continue to exist is because people buy their products. If Square Enix had pulled off that exact show, this thread would be 300 pages long and filled with nothing but hatred.

That was fun, but atlusprime is right....yall mofo's need Jesus. Twitch people you too....doubly for that matter. Who the fuck threatens to rape a bear?

Lucc

We had hope, we had anger, we had bargaining, we had depression, we had acceptance and in the end we got our redemption.

we even managed to break GAF for a while. I guess we can say good thread 10/10. want to experience again.

Still weirded out by all the other games. Like, no one actually wants any of them, right? And they're still real? Are we just assuming they'll sell metric shittons because it's Persona? WE ARE SLAVES, AREN'T WE?

darksagus

That was the best reveal I've ever seen, from the trolling to the insane hype at the end. Now that I know P5 is coming for PS3, I'm happy about that 3DS game.

A-V-B

Oh, my God. That baiting was LEGENDARY. Anticlimax after anticlimax, countdown after countdown. It was either going to be a disaster, or it was such a well-calculated letdown that you knew they had to deliver at the end.

Let it be said that Atlus has NOT forgotten how to keep an audience riveted in completely cruel ways, but still be kind at heart. GJ guys.

Thorgal

I still find it funny how 2 page ago people where ready to publicly hang Atlus and boycot them .

People really have no patience .

Top Bottom