• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
OH HEY. ALL YOU FUCKERS WHO WERE 100% CERTAIN IT WAS GOING TO BE P4G2 ARE AWFULLY DAMN QUIET RIGHT NOW.

tumblr_lwubdy4I1l1qaliojo1_500.gif

Screw you bear I don't want to see your face anymore after all that babbling.

SnakeEyes

Banned
As someone who hasn't played any Persona games (only ever played SMT: Lucifer's Call on PS2) I could give two shits about any of this new news. I'd prefer HD remakes of the previous games.

I actually feel exhausted from this. That's probably really sad.

BUT PERSONA 5 MAN I HOPE IT'S SOME REALLY FUCKED UP TWISTED SHIT. No more of this anime high school friendship building sim

Goby

Banned
Still weirded out by all the other games. Like, no one actually wants any of them, right? And they're still real? Are we just assuming they'll sell metric shittons because it's Persona? WE ARE SLAVES, AREN'T WE?

I really want that rhythm game since it looks like Hatsune Miku Project Diva except with non shit music

I'll get the Chibi game because it's 3ds and may as well put my 3ds to use.

I'm just so glad that P5 looks to be unrelated to P4 stuff.

Also what does Winter 2014 mean in Japan? Summer, December?

Takao

Banned
I'm a bit surprised they didn't announce another Persona 3 re-release. But I guess that's too much milk for one night, and they still have a few more films to get through ...

Tizoc

I confess I enviosned myself being among the crowd raging at Atlus for not revealing Persona 5.
I am happy to eat the crow now =P

A-V-B

I actually feel exhausted from this. That's probably really sad.

BUT PERSONA 5 MAN I HOPE IT'S SOME REALLY FUCKED UP TWISTED SHIT. No more of this anime high school friendship building sim

SMT is where the really screwed up stuff happens. Persona has established itself as school-age anime date sim territory, and its fans know it, and bank on it and keep coming back for it. New setting, new characters, new plot, bet on it. But breaking form? Kinda doubt it.

What about SMT IV? 2 months for SMT IV.

So... what does this mean for Persona 5?

I do not know of this game called SMT IV because Atlus can't get shit straight for Europe. It's laughable in 2013. The game is still not out here and probably never will.

So a big fuck you to Atlus again from Europe. I will buy your products from other territories where I can (except for the chibi 3DS game which I can't get on my European system), but that in and of itself is giving the wrong message because I'm not buying 'from Europe' so Atlus brings more effort to do shit here.

I double dipped on Catherine and P4G for you guys but this time I'm done with that. We haven't forgotten that regionlock shit your bosscompany pulled....

Sound like a bitter guy here but it's frustating to jump through all these hoops everytime for a series you love.

Rnr1224

With the rumors of p5 on Wii u that happened during the stream, I would have loved that. Ps3 is good too. Looks like I'll have to buy a console for one game. Let's hope for a worldwide release!

ArjanN

Atlus did a fantastic job of milking their #1 brand for every drop it is worth. :)

Yeah, no kidding.

This troll announcement was a great idea,

I think the reaction is way more positive now than if they had released just that P5 trailer that doesn't actually show anything, and people realized it probably won't come out here until 2015 on PS3.

Kyon

Banned
Kiiii @ Atlus taking the entire gen and releasing 3 games a year after the announcement and Square Enix skipping an entire generation with no release date whatsoever. RIP

chrono01

This event was something else. My emotions were all over the place.

I couldn't be more excited about Persona 5 [obviously] and Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth looks like a lot of fun [I even like the unique art-style].

Jeb

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!

Fucking Atlus, your now my most hated dev for the level of trolling you have just done to me...

Any hope the Dance game was just a troll?

A-V-B

Yeah, no kidding.

This troll announcement was a great idea,

I think the reaction is way more positive now than if they had released just that P5 trailer that doesn't actually show anything, and people realized it probably won't come out here until 2015 on PS3.

Masters of drama :)

Shinypogs

So will we get a translated announcement at some point? I kinda wanna know wtf teddie was blabbering about at the end, especially as he was fading away.

Alvarez

Banned
Very dark, and the first Atlus game with a cast entirely comprised of chairs.

Here is the main character of Persona 5:

dodonpachisaidaioujoudolld-1.jpg

Her name is Hikari Daijobonakamuramishimotowatanabe and she goes to Yumenoyasashisakana Utsuruzenbuoikakushiteruzuruiyone High School.

The premise of the game is that, one day, Hikari's high school is taken over by five chairs who are possessed by five Shinto demon gods. The chairs enslave five students, including Hikari, and force them to build even more chairs so that the rest of the Shinto pantheon can possess them and eventually take over all of Japan.

While under the enslavement of the Shinto Chairs, Hikari and her friends gain special powers. They can sit in any chair in the world and instantly gain four extra demon chair limbs. The game also allows you to fuse your character with other types of furniture including tables, desks, cupboards, and sex slings.

Top Bottom