• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

TuXx

The biggest bomba was what platform Persona 5 will play in. Atlus could of at least showed some gameplay. Everyone already knew it was in development.

DataGhost

The biggest bomba was what platform Persona 5 will play in. Atlus could of at least showed some gameplay. Everyone already knew it was in development.

But the teaser at least gave us a general tone of the game...which I rike.

Who knows. Winter 2014 PS3 might just be the Japan version.

Well they did pay for the big ass TVs all over Japan that showed these announcements.

Ken

Who knows. Winter 2014 PS3 might just be the Japan version.

BBCP localization for NA next year only had a PS3 version listed, so that plus tonight's platform reveal leads me to believe ASW is kind of done with the 360 as far as their fighters go.

Even GG Xrd seems to be PlayStation only.

Musolf815

tumblr_inline_mwrpyw8u681ror8dk.gif

I'm so happy I don't think I can sleep again, even though I really should.

Just came into this thread to applaud Atlus' masterful trolling of announcing the 3DS game first. Made reading this thread much more interesting.

bryt

I wasn't gonna buy any of those games until they announced P5. Now I'm buying all of them. Thank you based Atlus.

Coxy

QQ looks like dogshit, dancing game is weird but at least we got P5

really late launch though, they really need a simultaneous worldwide release

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was asleep but reading through the posts here as things were announced, wow some people were being real butthurt over some fun-sounding spin-offs before Persona 5 was announced.

antibolo

Banned
so we get 2 games for PS3, Persona 5 and another Arena game

a dancing rhythm game for Vita and a chibi dungeon crawler for 3DS

am a bit surprised that neither PS3 game was also announced for 360, did Catherine and the first Arena sell that badly?

Nobody gives a flying shit about Xbox anymore in Japan. The Vita has already outsold the 360. And Arc System Works has already dropped Xbox, BBCP is PS3 exclusive, and GGX3rd is going to be PS3 and PS4 only.

If you care about Japanese games that don't have mainstream appeal in the West, don't bother with the Xbox One next gen.

I was asleep but reading through the posts here as things were announced, wow some people were being real butthurt over some fun-sounding spin-offs before Persona 5 was announced.

The meltdowns in each of those Persona threads before 5 was announced are hilarious.

These x 1 million. I was speed reading this and the game announcement threads to keep up, and honestly? It's freaking embarrassing.

Hold that L, Atlus-GAF

atomsk

Party Pooper
So I wake up and see plenty of Meguro but no Kaneko?

I can only hope he's putting all his attention into SMT vs FE

Pooya

so, Golden 2 Persona 4 and Persona 4 Vol 2 that were on that voice actor's resume are probably the vita and 3ds game then. Both of them already being localized, they should announce them soon I guess.

DataGhost

so, Golden 2 Persona 4 and Persona 4 Vol 2 that were on that voice actor's resume are probably the vita and 3ds game then. Both of them already being localized, they should announce them soon I guess.

I was thinking that on the resume those were just mistranslations like some of the other games on the list

This is not funny ATLUS I almost die because of your trolling.

But now I love you again, even if you fuck me up with the P4 Arena region lock bullshit.

Never forget.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm wondering if the Persona dancing idol game came into existence because of the SEGA acquisition, because of who's making it and everything. While people may view its existence in a negative light, this could be a good sign as I'm guessing it was probably Atlus who approached SEGA to make a Persona Dancing Idol game, and seems SEGA greenlit it from their Diva developer division, which would imply if SEGA are willing to listen to a request and greenlight a dancing sim for Persona, they're likely willing to listen to Atlus and work with them for their ideas, which is a good sign.

(I think Atlus proposed this and not SEGA as SEGA hasn't done any sort of Idol games outside of the Diva Vocaloid games and the really old Space Channel 5, and I highly doubt this was the reason they acquired them for)

Galang

Banned
I'll be buying Persona 5 and Arena 2 for sure, but I'd have honestly preferred an HD edition of Persona 3 and 4 for PS3 over the spin offs. Was expecting something better for Persona 3 considering the movies are coming.

Lusankya

I'll be buying Persona 5 and Arena 2 for sure, but I'd have honestly preferred an HD edition of Persona 3 and 4 for PS3 over the spin offs. Was expecting something better for Persona 3 considering the movies are coming.

Are you for real? You'd prefer yet another port over an original game? Wow. People are so butthurt over a Persona game for 3DS.

LuchaShaq

Banned
So bummed.

No persona 4/2 unless you count the really ugly 3ds game.

A dancing game? Really?

Persona 5 and arena update ps3 only? Blech

As someone who gave away their ps3/wanted p4-2, and had little interest in a last gen game no port really sucks.

The only way this could have bummed me out more is if they said no localization, or that sonic was the main character of p5.

CrazyDude

So bummed.

No persona 4/2 unless you count the really ugly 3ds game.

A dancing game? Really?

Persona 5 and arena update ps3 only? Blech

As someone who gave away their ps3/wanted p4-2, and had little interest in a last gen game no port really sucks.

The only way this could have bummed me out more is if they said no localization, or that sonic was the main character of p5.
It's your fault for giving your ps3 away and I am tired of Persona 4.

antibolo

Banned
So how long until we get a Persona spinoff action game developed by Platinum Games?

Ugh I just got a boner while writing that previous line.

Make it so, Atlus. Get Mikami on the phone, NOW.

Top Bottom