• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live countdown to major Persona team announcement from Atlus [Summary in OP]

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So how long until we get a Persona spinoff action game developed by Platinum Games?

Aigis themed Vanquish game.

Make it so.

So bummed.

No persona 4/2 unless you count the really ugly 3ds game.

A dancing game? Really?

Persona 5 and arena update ps3 only? Blech

As someone who gave away their ps3/wanted p4-2, and had little interest in a last gen game no port really sucks.

The only way this could have bummed me out more is if they said no localization, or that sonic was the main character of p5.

LOLOLOLOL

Logash

So bummed.

No persona 4/2 unless you count the really ugly 3ds game.

A dancing game? Really?

Persona 5 and arena update ps3 only? Blech

As someone who gave away their ps3/wanted p4-2, and had little interest in a last gen game no port really sucks.

The only way this could have bummed me out more is if they said no localization, or that sonic was the main character of p5.

Persona 4 was by far my favorite game in the series and I looove that cast but I also love 3. The fact that they made me care at all about the Persona 3 cast after I played 4 was a miracle that I want them to repeat. I don't understand why anyone wants Atlus to keep using any of their old stuff. Let's get some new blood!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I coined the term Idolm@sPersona in this thread.

uEBEaCV.gif

Haha the last 40 or so pages were an amazing read, archive this thread.

Still yet to play a persona game despite owning 3 fes and 4, will pick up 5 and the cross over eo style game.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kanada is making Persona 3DS? :eek:

I wonder if he's working on both PQ and the battle system for P5.

duckroll

Kanada is making Persona 3DS? :eek:

I wonder if he's working on both PQ and the battle system for P5.

Seems kinda unlikely imo. PQ is tapping into the design and systems of the EO series, so he's probably directing this as a continuation of his duties as the EO4 director. If anything, it seems to suggests that he hasn't been working on Persona 5 at all.

Reveirg

Woah what an emotional rollercoaster that was. Atlus, master of trolling, actually did deliver. FOUR games.

So what happenned with the interview we were supposed to get an hour and a half later?

jj984jj

Seems kinda unlikely imo. PQ is tapping into the design and systems of the EO series, so he's probably directing this as a continuation of his duties as the EO4 director. If anything, it seems to suggests that he hasn't been working on Persona 5 at all.

That's interesting, that means P5 will be the first game Hashino has worked on since Nocturne(?) that Kanada has no input on designing the systems for.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
*wakes up*

*catches up on thread*

Ha! And everyone thought I was just joking about a 3DS game or an Idolmaster/dance game!

ani-daian-stroke.gif

Acosta

That's interesting, that means P5 will be the first game Hashino has worked on since Nocturne(?) that Kanada has no input on designing the systems for.

I had not thought about that... that's interesting indeed, what was Kanada in Persona, leader on the battle system team, right?

duckroll

If it's true, that could be a sign of Atlus' growth too I think. It's good to see supporting staff get their chance to move up and direct games of their own, instead of just working in the same role forever. Even Meguro got to direct the P1/P2 PSP titles, so it's nice to see how they treat their loyal staff.

AwShucks

No Golden-esque version of 3 means I'll go ahead and FES or P3P.

Hyped for Persona 5 and willing to check out Q based on reviews.

jj984jj

I had not thought about that... that's interesting indeed, what was Kanada in Persona, leader on the battle system team, right?

Yup, EO4 was his first time directing an Etrian Odyssey game. Before that he was working on the Trauma games and before that he worked on the gameplay side of the PS2 RPGs Hashino directed.

If it's true, that could be a sign of Atlus' growth too I think. It's good to see supporting staff get their chance to move up and direct games of their own, instead of just working in the same role forever. Even Meguro got to direct the P1/P2 PSP titles, so it's nice to see how they treat their loyal staff.

Yeah, I'm excited for PQ because of Kanada. But I'm also happy he finally is directing something he had a big role in creating here instead of taking up the reigns and building from what was created by Niinou (although the EO influence is there, it's kinda natural right after directing an EO title).

Regginator3

Neo Member
If you're expecting Persona Q to be like Persona 4, I think you'll probably be disappointed. It's EO: Persona.

I meant in terms of plot rather than in terms of gameplay. Though I do honestly think we'll be having social links and a vaguely similar writing style.

I am really looking forward to PQ and P5, I just need 2014/2015 to come already

Top Bottom