• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Live] Massive volcano Eruption in Chile (Volcán Calbuco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushersauce

Banned
Jun 22, 2013
I live about 200km away from the volcano, in a city called "Osorno". Shit's crazy. Thunders and ashes.

Briarios

May 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Whoa ... Scary stuff. The amount of ash that thing is throwing up is staggering. I wonder how it will effect weather patterns.

Altazor

Nov 9, 2009
I hope my fellow ChileGAF members are alright. Does anybody of you guys have a family member/friend/acquaintance in the area nearby Calbuco? If so, were you able to communicate with them?

AdanVC

Nov 26, 2013
Mexico
www.artstation.com
Just saw this on twitter. It's doing eruption right now?? My god. Everyone on Chile please stay safe. I'm always being terrified of volcanoes :(

Edit: some people on Chile claiming theres a strong earthquake going on right now as well... Ok this is now some scary thing.

AmyS

Aug 22, 2012
Amazing.

Came here cause I was on weather.com and heard about the eruption.

Rushersauce

Banned
Jun 22, 2013
I hope my fellow ChileGAF members are alright. Does anybody of you guys have a family member/friend/acquaintance in the area nearby Calbuco? If so, were you able to communicate with them?
My cousins live in Puerto Varas, they are safe. But scared.

fna84

Jan 22, 2010
you can view the streams by using hola better internet extension in chrome

Rushersauce

Banned
Jun 22, 2013
Guys, wanna know something else? There's another active volcano here in Chile! Yeah, that's right. It can also erupt at any time now. The name of that Volcano is "Volcán Villarica" and it's only 400km (approximately) from the other volcano.

Jzero

Nov 1, 2009
Damn it i want to watch the live feed. My VPN doesn't have Chile as an option though,

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
Feb 17, 2006
chuuu.. Echo de menos a mi paicito..:(

Stay safe ChileGaf and i really hope that nature does not escaletes this to biblical propotions.

Oh and those pics/feeds... CHUCHA!!

Jul 2, 2012
is that going to end up getting worse?

how big of an explosion would it be compared to others bigger or smaller?

hope everyone stays safe.

Oct 11, 2007
There is no way I could have seen that last pic in person and not empty my bowels. Me vs a planet, barehanded.

Sniffynose

Nov 19, 2012
Wow talk about once in a lifetime pictures, the red with the lightning is an absolutely beautiful yet destructive image of the raw elements.

I hope everyone makes it through this safely, I can't even fathom what it must be like looking at the sky and seeing this happening.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jun 6, 2004

Nuts.

My first thought of this picture, was of a crappy 80's movie, Night of the Comet.

GoxRx

May 24, 2013
Guys, wanna know something else? There's another active volcano here in Chile! Yeah, that's right and it can erupt at any time now. The name of that Volcano is "Volcán Villarica" and it's only 400km (approximately) from the other volcano.
And there's another: "Laguna del Maule"

If Laguna del Maule explodes we are fucked, especially me because I live "near" the zone. I read that it could be similar to the Tambora disaster in 1815.

Rushersauce

Banned
Jun 22, 2013
And there's another: "Laguna del Maule"

If Laguna del Maule explodes we are fucked, especially me because I live "near" the zone. I read that it could be similar to the Tambora disaster in 1815.
A pyroplastic flow could happen in any volcano. God protect us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.