• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Live] Massive volcano Eruption in Chile (Volcán Calbuco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ostinatto

Update 2: None of these links are showing the volcano atm

Live 1 24 Horas
Live (Tvn)
Live 2 Mega
Live 3 CHV
[URL="http://envivo.13.cl/13.php"]Live 4 Canal 13
[/URL]

Wednesday evening (Videos)

Early moments
Timelapse 1
Timelapse 2
Timelapse 3
BBC news

ibnWbT0BMMKKRU.jpg

CDSAe2SWYAAdubS.png

vulcano_cile-8-663x1024.jpg

2104883.jpg

CDPZS_LWEAESI0i.jpg

ixeHKhfzEceoH.png

volcaninfierno-e1429762754244-730x350.jpg

CDP-vWbWYAIkEKj.jpg

CDQD_VPWAAEj51m.jpg

CDQHJV0W8AAd-FW.jpg

CDQcAtSW4AA5iVm.png

2nd eruption.

CDQfcIxVEAAKb3R.jpg

CDQpdM8W4AEsKNW.jpg

main_1200.jpg

CDQxhpjVAAA89xW.jpg

CDQ8vpEWMAAQ5V7.jpg

i4hLixbJMhaDY.jpg

CDRM-XrWEAEv5CX.jpg

1429766094_auno515037.jpg

CDRUiySW4AAdhkw.jpg

CDRb3emVEAIsH1Y.jpg

Next morning;

A thick fog covers the volcano.
CDRpJZCWAAASBUZ.jpg

10am. and some towns are still in the dark.
CDR2bBCUIAAxGqU.jpg

CDRx27eW8AACkGX.jpg

Photos of the top of the volcano:

CDTCEGRWgAEHkAO.jpg

CDTCQiFWIAI94OY.jpg

I'ts over.

CDTIi07WEAA-5Df.jpg

Briarios

Whoa ... Scary stuff. The amount of ash that thing is throwing up is staggering. I wonder how it will effect weather patterns.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
"You're not allowed to watch this event: Geo-Fencing Restriction"

Awesome.

Altazor

I hope my fellow ChileGAF members are alright. Does anybody of you guys have a family member/friend/acquaintance in the area nearby Calbuco? If so, were you able to communicate with them?

AdanVC

Just saw this on twitter. It's doing eruption right now?? My god. Everyone on Chile please stay safe. I'm always being terrified of volcanoes :(

Edit: some people on Chile claiming theres a strong earthquake going on right now as well... Ok this is now some scary thing.

Guys, wanna know something else? There's another active volcano here in Chile! Yeah, that's right. It can also erupt at any time now. The name of that Volcano is "Volcán Villarica" and it's only 400km (approximately) from the other volcano.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
chuuu.. Echo de menos a mi paicito..:(

Stay safe ChileGaf and i really hope that nature does not escaletes this to biblical propotions.

Oh and those pics/feeds... CHUCHA!!

Wow talk about once in a lifetime pictures, the red with the lightning is an absolutely beautiful yet destructive image of the raw elements.

I hope everyone makes it through this safely, I can't even fathom what it must be like looking at the sky and seeing this happening.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CDPSrMAW4AAY5vw.jpg:large

Nuts.

My first thought of this picture, was of a crappy 80's movie, Night of the Comet.

GoxRx

Guys, wanna know something else? There's another active volcano here in Chile! Yeah, that's right and it can erupt at any time now. The name of that Volcano is "Volcán Villarica" and it's only 400km (approximately) from the other volcano.

And there's another: "Laguna del Maule"

If Laguna del Maule explodes we are fucked, especially me because I live "near" the zone. I read that it could be similar to the Tambora disaster in 1815.

And there's another: "Laguna del Maule"

If Laguna del Maule explodes we are fucked, especially me because I live "near" the zone. I read that it could be similar to the Tambora disaster in 1815.

A pyroplastic flow could happen in any volcano. God protect us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom