• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live Stream of Star Wars: Battlefront III

tumblr_mbp0ntKmri1ruichm.gif

It's so beautiful.

What a fucking tragedy man.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Izick, why did you ask him if you could put the link after you did it? Hahaha, just kidding.

Izick

Izick, why did you ask him if you could put the link after you did it? Hahaha, just kidding.

I asked him if he wanted me to link his website.

Which is right here:

http://ptoponline.com/

It features a lot of fascinating articles about unfinished or cancelled projects from over he years. Really interesting stuff for people who like to see the inner workings of games.

Atruvius

Every time I hear something about Battlefront 3 I can't help but think what idiots the guys at Lucas Arts were for never releasing a Battlefront game on consoles. Battlefronts were the best selling Star Wars games and don't get a sequel... wtf...

Izick

He said in the stream that this was a build that was 8 months before the project was cancelled. So this isn't the 99% done version even.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's BARELY doing 15 FPS. So yeah, those 8 months have to have been fixing the textures and optimizing the game to gain 30FPS.

Toa TAK

Banned
Shit, I'd play the game even if it looked like this!

I wonder if this gets enough attention, that the game itself might come back.
One can only hope...

Well, somebody doesnt like money cause this game would have sold like crazy. Someone said this would have been out in 2008? If true it wouldnt have even had any competition from a Battlefield game.

Flunkie

Banned
What are the chances that this gets picked back up and this is a PR stunt for the game's announcement soon?

Woorloog

Banned
What are the chances that this gets picked back up and this is a PR stunt for the game's announcement soon?

None.
Seriously.
Easier to restart the game. I understand that it isn't necessarily easy to work with others code, and systems, even with documentation (which, i reckon, is rarely good). Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, the game was never 99% complete, if it were, it would have been finished more likely. I'm inclined to belive those claims about Free Radical, constant delays, overstating progress, whatever there was.

None.
Seriously.
Easier to restart the game. I understand that it isn't necessarily easy to work with others code, and systems, even with documentation (which, i reckon, is rarely good). Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, the game was never 99% complete, if it were, it would have been finished more likely. I'm inclined to belive those claims about Free Radical, constant delays, overstating progress, whatever there was.

This, most likely the game never got past the 70-80% complete. As we now know, LucasArts also were working on 2 prototypes for Battlefront 3 long after this livestream demo (which dates back to 2008) so whatever code free radical had done is likely long destroyed or sitting on some hard drive in a warehouse somewhere. We likely won't see anything from LucasArts version either since they no longer exist and were still pretty early on.

The best we can hope for is with Disney licensing off the star wars properties that a good company will pick it up and make a new battlefront.

Izick

I said it before, but thanks again for this stream. I love seeing these unfinished games, especially for something as high-profile and often discussed as Battlefront III.

MechaZain

Banned
Wow Dantooine looks amazing.

I hope Disney's just waiting on the gun control debate to go away for a bit before announcing since the word was they're reevaluating their games with guns. Can't make a Star Wars game without lasers though, and Battlefront is the most successful SW franchise behind Force Unleashed and Lego Star Wars. With new movies coming I'd be shocked if they just let that die.

Top Bottom