• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live Stream of Star Wars: Battlefront III

I said it before, but thanks again for this stream. I love seeing these unfinished games, especially for something as high-profile and often discussed as Battlefront III.

Oh I fully agree. I regularly peruse sites like the cutting room floor, so any time you can see TRUE beta/alpha footage or removed features/items/artwork is just fascinating.

Izick

Oh I fully agree. I regularly peruse sites like the cutting room floor, so any time you can see TRUE beta/alpha footage or removed features/items/artwork is just fascinating.

Make sure to check out Borman's site then (if you already haven't done so):

http://ptoponline.com/

I had seen his awesome threads in the past, but I had no idea he had a whole site dedicated to this awesome kind of stuff.

Thanks for coming out everyone. Didn't expect it to get that big, I was content with 50 people showing up.

Just to confirm, you were playing right? If you were, how did it feel? Was it comparable/better/worse than the old BF games? How were the controls in general?

Izick

I hope Disney sees the reaction to stuff like this and somehow gets some developer or publisher to make another Battlefront. People obviously really want to play this.

Izick

They won't.

=(

luke-skywalker-cries_o_gifsoup-com.gif

I hope Disney sees the reaction to stuff like this and somehow gets some developer or publisher to make another Battlefront. People obviously really want to play this.

It's dead. I had made my peace with that but this stream really makes me want a new Battlefront.

Gah, why did I watch it. I need a new Battlefront. :(

Izick

You honestly don't think there's some chance that EA or Activision see this and think "this could be profitable!" and try and get a deal going with Disney?

RoKKeR

You honestly don't think there's some chance that EA or Activision see this and think "this could be profitable!" and try and get a deal going with Disney?

There's some chance, sure, but don't even think about holding your breath for it.

Izick

I think everyone would agree that this version that we had the chance to see today is gone for good. Nobody is going to pull a Gearbox (Duke Nukem Forever) with this.

ThreeSixty

December 16, 2009. 4:00 AM. THE LIGHT FIELD is the force. The mind. That guides. Controls.
Loved Battlefront I and II. Had many a lengthy gaming session with my brother playing these games. I was crushed to learn III had been cancelled (and was allegedly almost complete).

Wait, what? I need to watch this later...

SW BF3 is dead dead, isn't it? =(

Yeah, but there are a few people out there that got a hold of beta builds (seems to be mostly 360 builds, and thus was likely the lead system) so we can at least see some footage of the unfinished stuff.

Just think, if the Free Radical version HAD come out, it'd probably have been 2009 at the latest and we'd all be clamoring for Battlefront 4 by now.

Izick

Yeah, but there are a few people out there that got a hold of beta builds (seems to be mostly 360 builds, and thus was likely the lead system) so we can at least see some footage of the unfinished stuff.

Just think, if the Free Radical version HAD come out, it'd probably have been 2009 at the latest and we'd all be clamoring for Battlefront 4 by now.

Next-gen Battlefront...damn.

Borman

I wonder if he has access to Fear Effect 3.

No Fear Effect 3, but I havent tried either.

And yes, a few people have access to this build, the main source spread it around a bit. But the question is, who has access to later stuff? :p

And yep, lots of stuff I can't talk about, not yet anyway.

Izick

No Fear Effect 3, but I havent tried either.

And yes, a few people have access to this build, the main source spread it around a bit. But the question is, who has access to later stuff? :p

And yep, lots of stuff I can't talk about, not yet anyway.

Please keep us updated if you find out! I think a ton of people would love to see a lot of the more recent builds.

yeah, thought the same. This game looks faaaar from being polished and ready to ship. If they were actually about to publish this game in this state ... it would have become a big failure abviously.

This version was from around 8 months before development was canned.

Top Bottom