• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Live] The "All-White" 7th Democrat Primary Clown World Debate.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016

Pre-show going on now, main event is at 9PM est.

Participants:

• Joe Biden
  • Pete Bootyedge
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Tom Steye
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Bernie Sanders

Here it is, the last debate before the first votes are cast. This will either be the most intense and fiery debate yet, or it will be boring, dull, and will drag on and on with plenty of softballs thrown from the moderators.

All I know is that this is the last chance to build momentum and challenge Bidens unbroken streak in the polls.

Keep a look out for debate questions that focus on race and why the democratic party has no one who isn't white at the debate. Since people made such a big deal about it I bet it's going to be a whole segment.

Sorry, no YouTube streams are allowed with CNN debates. Even if you find one it'll be taken down within 10-20 minutes anyway. So the CNN go link above is the only "quick" way of watching it.

Reactions: EviLore
Mar 18, 2018
Where is Bloomberg? He’s spent so much money and has his face and ads everywhere in both the virtual and real world... as well as ClownvisionTelevision you’d think he was the new president front runner.

Reactions: Bolivar687

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
This first round of military questioning has been weak, had me searching for defense contractor contributions out of boredom. Bernie Sanders seems to have received the largest amount of donations from the top 4 US contractors in this election cycle according to OpenSecrets, that's a bit surprising.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
Where is Bloomberg? He’s spent so much money and has his face and ads everywhere in both the virtual and real world... as well as ClownvisionTelevision you’d think he was the new president front runner.
Dems have special rules for who gets to be in the debate, he didn't qualify.

Most of these debate questions on iran/military are poorly worded. Feels like it isn't a debate, it is a Least Like Trump Pageant.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I expected this issue of a woman as president to come up sooner or later, so I can't say I'm surprised. Not sure Warren did a good enough job of handling it to hurt the men on the stage.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Framing or not Bernie screwed that up badly. All he had to do was Shake it off and move on but je bit the bait 3 fucking times.

I think he's losing his touch.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Yeah, came to mention this. There's no evidence he said it, and he denies it, so why is the moderator presenting it as factual after his denial?
You should be more concerned that Warren took their question and used it to throw Bernie under the bus. Bernie shouldn't have bit in the first place but Warren is a terrible person.

Handel

Jun 9, 2017
Also the pettiness and basic math troubles of the whole "beating an incumbent Republican thing" was cringe as fuck.

Handel

Jun 9, 2017
10 minutes of arguing about the purely-hypothetical premise that Bernie believes women can’t win.

The absolute fucking state of democrats.
The true state of things here is trying to spin Bernie as a sexist, a man whose been fighting for women's right for over 30 years and has video evidence from 1988 saying he thinks a women could be president+supported Warren running in 2016, when you have Joe Biden on stage who has much worse baggage without all that conflicting evidence to help him.

Burn the DNC and leftist media to the ground.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
What is this stupidity of 16 year olds voting? If anything the age should be bumped to 25 when the brain is "done" developing.

16 is absurd and stupid on every conceivable level. Just not enough life experience to make an informed decision.

Sorry, just saw that tweet and it riles me up everytime I see it.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2010
Does everyone need to get back on the "track" of empty careerism? Theres nothing wrong with raising families.

Last edited:

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Youth voting is just another power grab. They push a certain point of view on children in schools and it often takes them into their 30s to snap out of. Like border control if the numbers showed that these demographics voted conservative the age would go up and there would be sharks with frickin lasers at every border.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
What is this stupidity of 16 year olds voting? If anything the age should be bumped to 25 when the brain is "done" developing.

16 is absurd and stupid on every conceivable level. Just not enough life experience to make an informed decision.

Sorry, just saw that tweet and it riles me up everytime I see it.
If they change the voting rules, then at least change it so they make sense.
I propose vote-weight based on taxation.

Say, the value of your vote counts as the 10-logarithm on how much tax you paid last year, or 1 whichever is the highest number.

I.e. For person X the number of votes X has can be described by the following formula

Vote(X) = MAX(1, log10(tax(X))

Amount of tax paid / Number of votes
<10$ / 1
<100$ / 2
<1000$ / 3
<10k$ / 4
<100k$ / 5

You get representation based on how much you contribute. That sounds a lot more fair.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Petey-o
Oct 26, 2018
So much for democratic voters being open minded and diverse.

All the remaining candidates who qualified with votes and donations are white people.

Last edited:

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Mod: "Bernie what will you do about all the healthcare workers that may lose their jobs with medicare4all?"

Bernie: "Medicare4all has a job training and transition plan"

TRANSITION TO WHAT BERNIE?! THE JOBS ARE FUCKING GONE!!!!

THIS IS A MADMAN! WTF IS HE EVEN TALKING ABOUT???

Last edited:

plasmasd

Jun 11, 2008
On the topic of taxes, since China has done so well with curreny manipulation, why not just follow suit? They have rebuilt their entire country at this point. If you wanna cut health care costs, you need to get people to lose weight. Free college is the biggest joke since it is mainly a waste of time. Community college and trade schools sure. But if you're into wasting money, kids can learn more on the internet than they can learn in college. Might want to upgrade internet infrastructure before we throw money at diploma generators.

Last edited:

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
So climate change and impeachment didn't get much applause like previous debates.

That should tell democrats that it's time to stop wasting everyone's time on the same talking points over and over.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
This is Biden's worse debate bar none in terms of focus.

He's stumbled almost every time he was called but once. He has also cut himself off mid-sentence producing incoherent babble.

But he says he's ready to debate Trump?

Reactions: SpartanN92

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Every fire event from here on out is going to be climate change. Even when precipitation in some of these areas is above average and temperatures are below. Never mind that these same areas have periodically been on fire since they have existed, we just didn't have the population density, global communications and a 24h news cycle. Bunch of fucking narcissists.

Afro Republican

Aug 24, 2016
Hey guys did you know that Trump has been president for the last 7 years?

Steyer is losing his damn mind, maybe someone kicked a football into his head and he's hallucinating.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I couldn't name too many memorable moments from tonight, but CNN trying to nail Bernie on sexism probably had the unintended consequence of galvanizing his supporters.

Van Jones saying Warren won the night because of her answer on that question is laughable to me, but I suspect it's what they wanted to happen.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

Imagine being so bothered by such a tame debate that you refuse to shake hands. Republican candidates that Trump butchered on the debate stages shook hands with him and went on to work alongside him. The DNC made a big mistake keeping the candidates from attacking each other.

ThePiddle

May 6, 2019

Imagine being so bothered by such a tame debate that you refuse to shake hands. Republican candidates that Trump butchered on the debate stages shook hands with him and went on to work alongside him. The DNC made a big mistake keeping the candidates from attacking each other.
Fuck Warren, she could have just listened to Bernie and ran in 2016. She may as well post on REE at this point.

Fundamental difference between her and Bernie is that Bernie fights for who he sees as the oppressed, Warren wants to be one of the oppressed.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
So climate change and impeachment didn't get much applause like previous debates.

That should tell democrats that it's time to stop wasting everyone's time on the same talking points over and over.
They don't have anything else. The economy is on fire, and that's always the #1 issue in any presidential run.

They have been made to look like fools so this floundering is to be expected.

Reactions: HeresJohnny

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
I only watched the first half. This one was really boring. Is there a single person out there who will vote Steyer for President? Why is he still on stage other then he donates tons of money to Democrats?