• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live updates: Iran launches missile attack on airbase in Iraq housing US troops

tfur

Oct 21, 2007
What if that flight was the real target? It was taken down on purpose.

I would imagine some faction of spook could of been on that flight.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: autoduelist

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
they plane crash video they showed?

trash bags
Sorry, not the thumbnail, I had paused it at the beginning. The very beginning was them hauling a body. At least when I started watching it.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com
Sorry, not the thumbnail, I had paused it at the beginning. The very beginning was them hauling a body. At least when I started watching it.
this is a Al Hadath live tv video from their youtube since you shared the newspaper I went to see if their TV was reporting the same stuff they are the only ones that is covering the plane crash this much with videos. That plane crash area is gruesome.

Reactions: Cybrwzrd
Feb 22, 2018
China
Al Hadath is a notorious anti-iran, anti shiite media organization. And the pentagon lied about iraqi casualties, Iraq says no iraqi nationals died in Iranian base bombings.

So if you'll excuse me I'll wait for real news before speculating further.

Last edited:

pork_gamete

Jun 3, 2014
Man, I bet the Info Wars crew are flipping the fuck out with the sheer number of possibilities here.
I'd say rightfully so, thing's crazy...

Coincidence? Nuclear bomb underground testing? HAARP?
All fake and set up?

It's hard not to speculate.

Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com
Al Hadath is a notorious anti-iran, anti shiite media organization. And the pentagon lied about iraqi casualties, Iraq says no iraqi nationals died in Iranian base bombings.

So if you'll excsue me I'll wait for real news before speculating further.
An enemy news networks are often the first ones to get images of your shit though, I don't speak the language so the spin is not going to work as effectively

Sunni vs Shiite is a given at this point when Iran is involved you can't really take any news coming out at face value

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
Super tinfoil hat:

Iran starts shit
American responds
Iran continues to start shit
America drone strike/Hack a Ukranian plane with VIP members on board
Plane, of American design lands in Iran
America has international green light to drop spooks on the ground for recce
Inflitrate Iran
Iranian leader dies of sudden illness
SA/American interest placed as head of Iranian state
Peace.

PanzerAzel

Oct 31, 2019
how is Trump a fascist?
Facism: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Let's go down the checklist here:

-a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power: Trump's had no reservation to express continual admiration for authoritarians and dictators. His rhetoric has aligned to one ("I alone can fix it"). I don't believe it unreasonable to think that if allowed, he'd make himself into what he appears to admire so much.

-forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism. Trump's constantly and viciously attacked and attempted to greatly undermine anything that disagrees with him, whether that be people, the press, or our institutions. For NOTHING so noble as journalistic integrity, but instead so he can further his own bullshit "alternative facts" for those actually gullible enough to believe it. I'd be shocked if he were granted the authority that he wouldn't then take means to silence dissent. Him not currently doing so doesn't stem from a lack of want or respect for the rule of law, it's because he's in a system that prohibits such action. Going after the media and such criticism is a textbook fascist tactic, especially when he's criticized much of the time for lying.

-regimenting all industry, commerce, etc.: ah, what was that recent pearl from him? "I hereby order all companies......"? :messenger_grinning_squinting: Sure he can't do this, so people will brush it off, but it doesn't matter......intent is what is relevant in determining a fascist mentality.

-Emphasizing an aggressive nationalism? Yes, that's a massive check.

-Racism? Not explicitly stated and certainly debatable, but there's a few times that've tended to evidence as much.

People are incredibly naive if they believe that Trump wouldn't let these manifest into fascism if he were given ultimate, unrestricted power. I wouldn't argue he's the next Hitler, I believe Trump to mostly be a crass, harmless doofus and nowhere near evil, but nonetheless, he's displayed more than a few fascist tendencies as president in his speech and attitudes and people are disingenuous if they don't recognize that. For fuck's sakes, the guy said this: “Real power is — I don’t even want to use the word — fear.” Though he may not actually be, I can fully understand how some view him a fascist, and find it ludicrous that his supporters roll their eyes at such a possibility given his behavior and rhetoric. People asking to show Trump to be a fascist is like someone asking to show a criminal to be a criminal while he’s locked in a cell. That that person is unable to commit a crime does not mean he isn’t a criminal, it just means he’s not able to act as one.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Super tinfoil hat:

Iran starts shit
American responds
Iran continues to start shit
America drone strike/Hack a Ukranian plane with VIP members on board
Plane, of American design lands in Iran
America has international green light to drop spooks on the ground for recce
Inflitrate Iran
Iranian leader dies of sudden illness
SA/American interest placed as head of Iranian state
Peace.
All not entirely unbelievable except for your first and last points.

Reactions: Gashtronomy
Feb 22, 2018
China
Were basically in the he said she said stage of the dispute right now. Expect the truths to land somewhere in the middle. Iran has officially stated 80+ dead, 300+ injured in the base attacks;

Link

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Explosive fragmentation marks on this wing.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: pramod

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
Were basically in the he said she said stage of the dispute right now. Expect the truths to land somewhere in the middle. Iran has officially stated 80+ dead, 300+ injured in the base attacks;

Link

Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com

Link
we will find out, if Trump wants a war he will say Americans died, if not they will keep that no Americans has died.

It is kinda hard to beliebe no one died for missile attacks though unless you evacurated everyone

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
we will find out, if Trump wants a war he will say Americans died, if not they will keep that no Americans has died.

It is kinda hard to beliebe no one died for missile attacks though unless you evacurated everyone
I disagree, we have spy satellites in the area and would have been on alert, sheltering in place. We knew the second those birds were launched. Plus I have a feeling their targeting systems are not pinpoint accurate.

Reactions: autoduelist
Feb 22, 2018
China

Nobody was evacuated. According to pentagon latest tweet is they moved everyone into bunkers prior to and during the attacks and magically nobody died and no equipment was destroyed (scratch that, nobody has made any mention of equipment).

I guess the multiple ballistic missiles with their 1-ton warheads and 100m blast radius simply sprinkled fairy dust everywhere.

I disagree, we have spy satellites in the area and would have been on alert, sheltering in place. We knew the second those birds were launched. Plus I have a feeling their targeting systems are not pinpoint accurate.
They would be using combination of glonass and beidou. At this short range they can guide within the open channel consumer level accuracy (3-5m). i.e hit any building in the base. And most of these rockets would have been launched from vehicle launchers, i.e minutes notice, after coming out of their shelters and firing. I've landed my DJI drone using glonass and beidou guidance blindly onto specific roofs here in australia, and that's a toy.

Evacuating/moving thousands of troops into bunkers in minutes seems a little convenient. But like I said lets wait for more news.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

Your going to be waiting for a very long time.

• LOL
Reactions: pramod and Scopa

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
Dam supreme pussy actually got some balls.

CNN does not think the plane crash had anything to do with the hostilities but the photos and videos match up with Al Hadath
It's CNN, they don't even recognize a female if they saw one.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com
I don't doubt you on that we saw it coming. Just not sure that they did not get a single hit. Bravo and well done if true though

Nobody was evacuated. According to pentagon latest tweet is they moved everyone into bunkers prior to and during the attacks and magically nobody died and no equipment was destroyed.

I guess the multiple ballistic missiles with their 1-ton warheads and 100m blast radius simply sprinkled fairy dust everywhere.

They would be using combination of glonass and baidu. At this short range they can guide within the open channel consumer level accuracy (3-5m). i.e hit any building in the base. And most of these rockets would have been launched from vehicle launchers, i.e minutes notice, after coming out of their shelters.
you guys can fight it out, I'll wait for the movie version of this story lol

Reactions: bati

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
Even to a non-expert like me this looks like pretty concrete evidence it was shot down.
I'm only an engineer (automotive not aviation), but the only other cause for that kind of damage would be an uncontained engine failure. But the fan blades on a 737-800 sit way far ahead of the bottom of the wing, I don't see how it could spray out behind it like that.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I'm only an engineer (automotive not aviation), but the only other cause for that kind of damage would be an uncontained engine failure. But the fan blades on a 737-800 sit way far ahead of the bottom of the wing, I don't see how it could spray out behind it like that.
What if the wing, you know, hit shit or got hit by shit as it was, you know, crashing?

Or if those holes are shrapnel from the plane bursting into flames mid-air?

I don’t think it’s smart to play internet sleuth from a single photograph.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gashtronomy

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
What if the wing, you know, hit shit or got hit by shit as it was, you know, crashing?

Or if those holes are shrapnel from the plane bursting into flames mid-air?

I don’t think it’s smart to play internet sleuth from a single photograph.
Maybe it isn’t, but to send out shrapnel with enough force to penetrate the wing from the bottom, seems unlikely.There are examples of 737s having uncontained engine failure, but the shrapnel damage is on the leading edge of the wing.

Liquid fuel doesn’t spontaneously combust with the force for an explosion, it burns. And a plane that just took off is fuel heavy.

Last edited:

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Maybe it isn’t, but to send out shrapnel with enough force to penetrate the wing from the bottom, seems unlikely.There are examples of 737s having uncontained engine failure, but the shrapnel damage is on the leading edge of the wing.

Liquid fuel doesn’t spontaneously combust with the force for an explosion, it burns. And a plane that just took off is fuel heavy.
Another telling sign is that if you look carefully the shrapnel damage is aligned in the same plane as the wing itself. As you would expect if the engine had catastrophic failure. Because the engine is close to the plane of the wing.

In the crash pictures, the puncture wounds from the shrapnel instead looked like they came from a source orthogonal from the plane of the wing. I.e. the shrapnel came from an explosion above, or below, the wing, not from the engine that is in-plane with the wing.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
Another telling sign is that if you look carefully the shrapnel damage is aligned in the same plane as the wing itself. As you would expect if the engine had catastrophic failure. Because the engine is close to the plane of the wing.

In the crash pictures, the puncture wounds from the shrapnel instead looked like they came from a source orthogonal from the plane of the wing. I.e. the shrapnel came from an explosion above, or below, the wing, not from the engine that is in-plane with the wing.
The 737 is a resilient airframe as well. Aloha Airlines 243 stayed in the air and landed missing a huge chunk of the fuselage.

I have a hard time believing that uncontained engine failure alone would turn it into a fireball midair.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
May 9, 2018
Tennessee
so far no casualties are reported

what option do you think they have? Swallow their pride and be called a coward by their people? They had to do something. I hope they feel like this was enough and that no one was killed
There’s no easy answer, obviously they have to look strong in front of their people but they were/are taking a big risk if US servicemen had died in the attack.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
There’s no easy answer, obviously they have to look strong in front of their people but they were/are taking a big risk if US servicemen had died in the attack.
Middle of the night, when most servicemen are asleep in their fortified housing.
At a location that is a big airfield, which by definition is a huge mostly empty area.

Even if you just throw the bombs in there in the middle of the day, chances are good that it will not hit anything at all except a small piece of flat asphalt.

Add to that the several minutes warning they all got when the launches were detected within seconds.
The risk of injuring any servicemen was very small.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
May 9, 2018
Tennessee
Middle of the night, when most servicemen are asleep in their fortified housing.
At a location that is a big airfield, which by definition is a huge mostly empty area.

Even if you just throw the bombs in there in the middle of the day, chances are good that it will not hit anything at all except a small piece of flat asphalt.

Add to that the several minutes warning they all got when the launches were detected within seconds.
The risk of injuring any servicemen was very small.
Small but not impossible, but hey hopefully everything works out now. Trump got to kill the bad guy and Iran got to show it could strike US assets directly.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
More shrapnel damage.

That's the horizontal stabilizer, by the way. You can see ground impact damage on the leading edge on the left side of the image.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

More likely miscommunication than 'lie'. They were already reporting zero American casualties. Maybe some Iraqi was pooping during role call.

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Some news agencies already reported the aircraft was shot down by aerial defense systems.

Furthermore, statistically speaking, the chance that a plane crashes during this timeframe is almost zero. Iran probably fucked up something here. I'm sorry for all the ukranian, iraqi, iranian and us civilians who have to suffer because of politics and religions.

Last edited:

pramod

Oct 24, 2017
I cannot think of a single major incident in history where an engine explosion/failure caused an airliner to catastrophically crash. Aircraft engines are designed specifically in a way to prevent this from happening.

There was the Concorde, but that was a fire caused by an exploding tire that ignited fuel lines, the engine itself didn't fail/explode.

This might be the most political crash investigation of all time(if there is even going to be one. My guess is Iran just says fuck off to Boeing we got it covered). It's going to be a shit show.

Last edited:

redfirm

Mar 12, 2012
Netherlands
confirmed by both iran and ukraine that it was a engine failure, but the pics posted by Cybrwzrd Cybrwzrd have me second guessing. i feel bad for all the families who had someone on that plane.