• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live updates: Iran launches missile attack on airbase in Iraq housing US troops

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
6 min agoThe White House is making plans for President Trump to address the nation tonight
From CNN's Jeff Zeleny
As President Trump confers with his top advisers tonight at the White House, aides are making urgent preparations at this hour for him to address the nation after Iran fired missiles at US forces in Iraq.
The specific timing of the address is still to be determined — and could be delayed, as information is being gathered — but two officials tell CNN that a speech is being prepared and plans are being made for Trump to speak tonight from the Oval Office.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
People can insult others and call them unpatriotic, but that doesnt change the obvious reality here. The US asked for this, and this is the direct result of what Trump did.
US didn't touch a flea on Iranian soil. The lingering question is what Iran was doing in Iraq. Care to answer?

I can think for myself. I haven't watched the news, and I dont use social media.
Ah, nevermind then, I retract my previous request.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
Iran has an outdated airforce of F4 with mods and mig 22s i doubt many of them will even reach their targets before crashing. reports say that are in the air to bomb which is believable but to dog fight? never.

• LOL
Reactions: Shodan09
Jun 9, 2004
usa
haiti.kreyol.com
People can insult others and call them unpatriotic, but that doesnt change the obvious reality here. The US asked for this, and this is the direct result of what Trump did.
Trump did this to serve his own purposes. He tweeted Obama would attack Iran to get relelected back then and now we see him doing it. It might work that is how crazy this mess gets

Dec 15, 2011
Iran is now threatening every US ally they will be targeted if they help the USA.

thiswillendwell.gif
Well, that line from a couple of days ago about only concerned with a handful of named US individuals and military focus aged well, didn't it?

SpartanN92

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
US
Bullshit. Iran is the worlds largest state financier of terror groups. Iran is actively pursuing nuclear weapons. Iran has attacked ships in Hormuz, they attacked our drone, they killed the American contractor, their proxies are killing Americans and Israelis, and they attacked our embassy (American soil)... Iran has been given every opportunity to be a productive member of the world community and they have spat in our faces.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Trump did this to serve his own purposes. He tweeted Obama would attack Iran to get relelected back then and now we see him doing it. It might work that is how crazy this mess gets
Fake news. US forces as of yet have not fired a single bullet in Iranian territory.

Iran (specifically the IRGC) are the aggressors here, taking these actions in Iraq.

Pallas

Gold Member
May 9, 2018
Tennessee
hopefully they feel this is all the retaliation they need to do and this thing just ends asap. Trump better not escalate this
They attack US military bases, there is a going to be a response, 100% guaranteed.If any US personnel were killed, it’ll be much worse.

I hope Iran knows what they are getting into. Not saying US should have assassinated their general but it’s not the wisest choice to strike back at your enemy that’s by far and large much stronger.

Really hope this doesn’t fucking escalate too much into a regional and global conflict.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
His approval going up, an impeachment that Democrats will not even finalize, soaring economy.

Sure, Trump "started it" to get reelected. As someone else said, another war is the only thing that would really hurt his chances.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
What is the implication here? That refugees would become enemies of the state and terrorists over night?

The implication is that Sanctuary cities harbor illegal immigrants, perhaps sleeper cells from Iran (who knows?) . If it is confirmed that such an attack happens in a city like that or someone resident to a sanctuary city, I expect the Governor of those states meeting with the Federal government doing a sit down and discussing why Sanctuary cities will not continue without more involvement of Federal Law Enforcement.

This doesn't have anything to do with laborers and those who overstay their visa (though it will get more difficult for them), but that any sanctuary cities directly enabled an attack by the very nature of refusing to work with ICE to remove known individuals involved in anything resulting from Iran's push to hit us in the United States will definitely give the Federal government all they need to step in.

Reactions: Shodan09

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
"Missile attack did not do as much damage as would be expected from an attack of this scope".

TheContact

Jan 22, 2016
They attacked an American base. There may be dead Americans. This isn't over.
so far no casualties are reported
They attack US military bases, there is a going to be a response, 100% guaranteed.If any US personnel were killed, it’ll be much worse.

I hope Iran knows what they are getting into. Not saying US should have assassinated their general but it’s not the wisest choice to strike back at your enemy that’s by far and large much stronger.

Really hope this doesn’t fucking escalate too much into a regional and global conflict.
what option do you think they have? Swallow their pride and be called a coward by their people? They had to do something. I hope they feel like this was enough and that no one was killed

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
Iraq. Saudi Arabia. Antarctica. Makes no difference where US troops are. Explain to me the part where Iran can fire its rockets at targets in another sovereign territory. I'll wait.
Of course it makes a difference where US troops are.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
what option do you think they have? Swallow their pride and be called a coward by their people? They had to do something.
No they didn't. Swallow their pride is exactly what they should've done.

Iran has been stirring up militia groups in Iran for months. Iran stirred up the mob that attacked the US embassy. Iran sent its general into Iranian territory to plan an attack (allegedly) and he got glassed.

And now Iran attacked bases in a neighboring territory without declaration of war against Iraq.