• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Lockout' Trailer - Luc Besson's 'Taken' In Space (w/ Guy Pearce)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Looks like B-grade garbage. :(

More like B-grade awesomeness.

But I'll probably just rent it. I am, after all, someone who thought Taken was just okay. I'll watch this for Guy Pearce having fun and because I'm a sucker for at least watching sci-fi movies (by no means necessarily liking them).

Al-ibn Kermit

Looks cool, plus how often do you get to see Guy Pearce? I think his last movie that I saw was Hurt Locker where he had like 2 minutes of screentime and then before that was....Memento? At least as far as movies that I've seen.

Clevinger

Looks cool, plus how often do you get to see Guy Pearce? I think his last movie that I saw was Hurt Locker where he had like 2 minutes of screentime and then before that was....Memento? At least as far as movies that I've seen.

The King's Speech, but he wasn't in much of it. And his character was a super douche.

edit: Oh, and this looks like a lot of fun.

Looks like fun.

First Snow and Ravenous were great as well, in terms of G.P..

Looks like a stupid action flick set in space.

I guess someone hit Luc Besson over the head with a baseball bat and he lost all of his talent because of it :(

Vomiaouaf

Looks like a stupid action flick set in space.

I guess someone hit Luc Besson over the head with a baseball bat and he lost all of his talent because of it :(

In all fairness, he's not directing this. And his production company (Europa) has always had that motto of brainless, cheesy - sometimes awesome, sometimes shitty - action flicks.

As a director, he's done nothing interesting since Joan of Arc. Adele Blanc Sec was ridiculous and trite, Angel-A boasts some of the most stilted acting in French cinema. The Lady looks really promising, though; even if completely out of his typical style. Really hope it doesn't disappoint.

So, what's it called? MS-One, or Lockout? I'm confused.

The second trailer looked much better, Guy Pearce's character seems like a real laugh.

Replicant

I just realized that this is a Luc Besson's film. I glossed over that headline and just saw "Guy Pearce" when I first read it. Oops. Then it's double treat for me because I hope this is as crazy as "The Fifth Element".

I just realized that this is a Luc Besson's film. I glossed over that headline and just saw "Guy Pearce" when I first read it. Oops. Then it's double treat for me because I hope this is as crazy as "The Fifth Element".
apparently you glossed over the thread too as besson is not actually directing this film.

RedSwirl

This is the first straight-up sci-fi action movie I've seen in a while. I mean sci-fi action in the same way as... Aliens or Pitch Black but without the horror.

ArjanN

Escape from New York, except with the space prison from the Riddick game.

From the trailer it looks like it might just be dumb enough to work.

sk3

Banned
First trailer looked like a TV movie, the second trailer gets me a bit more interested due to much more exposition. Best case scenario is it hits a similar vein as Pitch Black. A fun low budget sci-fi.

jonnyp

New title: Escape From M.S. One

Escape From M.S. One hits theaters April 20th, 2012.

What's up with all the cheesy, horrible one-liners? The premise was actually pretty cool and I think Pearce is a very good actor but that was just stupid.

Kinyou

The premise seems very similar to the "Escape from NY/LA" movies. I guess that's where the name change came from

I'm a sucker for Luc Besson movies.
Taken
The Profressional
Kiss of the Dragon
5th Element
The Transporter

Some of the best action flicks ever made.

aerts1js

He was in Kings Speech and The Road for like a second... he was awesome in The Proposition. Really probably the most under-rated actor in existence.

Angry Fork

Produced by Luc Besson... =(

I wish he would direct another crime film.

I'm a sucker for Luc Besson movies.
Taken
The Profressional
Kiss of the Dragon
5th Element
The Transporter

Some of the best action flicks ever made.

La Femme Nikita too, one of my favorites.

Plissken

If my username wasn't a hint, I LOVE Escape From New York. So they've done what Carpenter won't/can't do, and made Escape from Space. I'll be there opening night!

MV5BNjE0OTM4ODIxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTQ4MDYxNw@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

MV5BMTM5OTQ5MzU4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQ4MDYxNw@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg

I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom