• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LocoRoco 2 first video from GC 2008 !

Fuck...i dont want to buy a psp again. I bought one just to play the first one, and i got rid of it afterwards. It looks soooooooooooo goooooooooooooood!!!!!

/damn

reminder said:

Direct link

http://cdn.jp.playstation.com/scej/locoroco2/locoroco2-0808.wmv

c3uk4.png

Hmm...

abstract alien said:
Fuck...i dont want to buy a psp again. I bought one just to play the first one, and i got rid of it afterwards. It looks soooooooooooo goooooooooooooood!!!!!

/damn
I'm at my 3rd.
Loco Roco => Patapon => Loco Roco 2
Now this system starts to be interesting for me to keep.
3 games woohoo ! :D

andycapps

Chû Totoro said:
I'm at my 3rd.

I don't get why some people buy the system for one game and then sell it, obviously at a loss. Aside from the fact that there are a lot of other great games on the platform, with the amount of money that you've lost buying the system 3 times you could have just kept it. Trade in values for consoles are so low, I'd rather just keep my consoles for sentimental value years down the road.

Anyway, DAY ONE!

maxax

DMPrince said:
the music sound less annoying. is it less annoying?
This.
I just started playing the first one and in some levels I have to turn the music down completely because I just can't stand the chipmunk-baby-noise vocals.

Really disapponited by that, too. :(

Flunkie

Banned
Looks great so far. I wonder what's up with that CG footage at the end, though..

LocoRoco Movie by Pixar confirmed.

kaleii

Just saw it, and it looks fun, although it looks like more of the same. Too many penis-jokes though... or was I the only one who reacted?

kevm3

This one looks to be a bit more varied than the first game, which is good.

The footage at the end seems to be a follow up of the screensaver game on PS3.. I wish they would actually make a PS3 version though...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
:O

if they make LocoRoco PS3 Clay Animation/Stop Motion like the short thing in the end , it will be the best thing ever ( sorry LBP ) .

andycapps said:
I don't get why some people buy the system for one game and then sell it, obviously at a loss. Aside from the fact that there are a lot of other great games on the platform, with the amount of money that you've lost buying the system 3 times you could have just kept it. Trade in values for consoles are so low, I'd rather just keep my consoles for sentimental value years down the road.

Anyway, DAY ONE!
There wasn't anything great on the system for me. loco and patapon are all i cared about, and I bought mine off of someone because its certainly not worth the retail price tag at all for my gaming tastes.

Needless to say, this game will be outrageously awesome! I loved the first to death.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Lots of new stuff already on this video, Mui Mui riding Loco Roco :)lol), water stage, new creatures and things to interact with.

Just finished the first game, 100% on all stages except the last three that I plan to redo later. And I'm already up for more, LocoRoco is OCD heaven. Without aiming for 100% on the stages the game loses much of the fun.

Zoe

SolidSnakex said:
You wouldn't want a LocoRoco PS3 that looked like this?

http://i38.tinypic.com/152joki.gif[/img]

It depends on the gameplay--part of LocoRoco's charm is that the gameplay is pretty simple. Can they successfully translate that to 3D?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
PS3 version is actually really logical with sixaxix control and all. This and a PS3 version of Patapon with support of Guitar Hero/ Rockband drumkit.

Doubledex

Banned
abstract alien said:

/damn
+
Chû Totoro said:
I'm at my 3rd.
WTF is wrong with you? Buy a damn system and KEEP IT, for f+cks sake!!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
That end bit totally looks like a PS3 version sneak peek..and it's gorgeous.. :)

So does the PSP sequel, of course :p

Zoe

RamzaIsCool said:
PS3 version is actually really logical with sixaxix control and all.

See, while the controls would definitely be intuitive, would you really want to be shaking your control for ~10 minutes straight?

Evander

"industry expert"
abstract alien said:

/damn

Why?

Ranger X

Fuck that 3D looking Locoroco. I wish i will not have to bare with a game like this one day.

2D LOCOROCO 2 FREAKING ROCKS. Holyshit. Do want.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
gofreak said:
That end bit totally looks like a PS3 version sneak peek..and it's gorgeous.. :)

So does the PSP sequel, of course :p
Yeah, the butterfly is there, and you can hear Coccoreccio. This has got to be a next PS3 LocoRoco sneak peak. I liked Coccoreccio, but I hope the next game is not butterfly centered. Make it so that we can tilt the world and move, I liked that better.

Zoe said:
See, while the controls would definitely be intuitive, would you really want to be shaking your control for ~10 minutes straight?
Did you play PSN locoroco? It was not really like PSP version. You moved the butterfly around and locorocos followed. If they made the next one control more like the PSP version, where do you see yourself shaking the controller for 10 minutes? You'd simply tilt the controller to tilt the world, and press the button to jump. There will be no 3D gameplay here I'm almost 100% sure, it's just the shading that looks like that, but the action is taking place on a 2D plane.

Zoe

Marconelly said:
Did you play PSN locoroco? It was not really like PSP version. You moved the butterfly around and locorocos followed. If they made the next one control more like the PSP version, where do you see yourself shaking the controller for 10 minutes? You'd simply tilt the controller to tilt the world, and press the button to jump. There will be no 3D gameplay here I'm almost 100% sure, it's just the shading that looks like that, but the action is taking place on a 2D plane.

But people are asking for a true LocoRoco on the PS3, not Cocoreccho.

Chû Totoro said:
I'm at my 3rd.

I'll be on my 3rd when I get another PSP. I just can't seem to hold onto one because there isn't a new game or what not, it will just collect dust and I need money or something. This game isn't going to be the one I buy a PSP for, but I will probably buy a PSP for the new Kingdom Hearts game.

Edit: Oh and I always buy the PSP used!

Top Bottom