• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Log Horizon S2 |OT| been down so long it looks like up to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
U1FV7CP.jpg

Welcome back for the Second Season of Log Horizon!

The new season starts on October 4th 2014 and will consist of 25 new episodes. Crunchyroll just announced that they will be streaming this season just as they did the last season.

A lot of the staff from Season 1 is back for Season 2. Studio Deen is taking over as the new animation studio. Will the animation be good? Who fucking knows.

I'll be trying to add and adjust more things in the OP in the next coming days.

Trojita

Hm4ujy7.png

What is Log Horizon?
Log Horizon is an anime based on a Light Novel about people inexplicably appearing in a world that resembles an MMO they played called Elder Tales. After a new expansion for the game had come out, thousands of players awoke in the game world. They don't know why they are in a world that resembles the MMO they played and they don't know how to get home.

Elder Tales was just a regular MMO like EQ, WoW, or Ragnarok Online. It wasn't even a VR game.

Where can I watch it?
It is available to watch subbed on Crunchyroll
http://www.crunchyroll.com/log-horizon

Why should I watch it?
It's the best MMO centered anime there has been in my opinion. Other people also agree with this sentiment.

Better than .Hack? Yes
Better than SAO? Definitely

The sad thing is that we haven't even had a lot of good anime based on mmo's even though it is such a topic worthy of being explored.

The author of the LN plays western RPG's, makes appearances in western message boards, and definitely is someone with the passion for these types of game writing about them. An episode where a bunch of new players were doing their first dungeon run together reminded me doing runs of VC (Van Cleef) with unexperienced people in Vanilla WoW.

Supplementary Material

The World Map of Elder Tales is based on our real life Earth map, but the world is half scale. It will take half of the time to get from one end of Japan to the other for example.

A lot of the major cities in our world are the basis for the major cities in Elder Tales

Classes of Log Horizon

vareon

My god. LH wins by default if this is its competition.

Yeah that's not much of a competition lol.

What I like about this is that all people are acting logical and reasonable, and I really like the discovery aspects of the story.

Trojita

Yeah that's not much of a competition lol.

What I like about this is that all people are acting logical and reasonable, and I really like the discovery aspects of the story.

Yeah Shiroe is smart, but his methods are very logical and not some Keikaku bullshit.

Dresden

Supplementary Material

The World Map of Elder Tales is based on our real life Earth map, but the world is half scale. It will take half of the time to get from one end of Japan to the other for example.

A lot of the major cities in our world are the basis for the major cities in Elder Tales

FF09pYT.jpg

America exchanged Florida for Canada, what a steal.

Narras

A very fun anime to watch and all the characters are great, too. I like that Shiroe actually gets things done.
He really is the Devil in Glasses.

Defuser

Over 16 episodes and now this thread got created which left only 7 more episode plus no database in thread title?

Double fail Trojita, double fail.

I2amza

One of my favorites. Though I kinda feel like the anime slowed down a bit due to having so many characters needing screen time. It was way faster when it was just about Shiroe and gang.

I didn't realize how much I loved this anime until I realized that the same person who did the music for Fairy Tail, did it for this too.

I knew the soundtrack sounded familiar. Plus, it's one of the few 2 cour shows that hasn't gotten stale yet. Samurai Flamenco, I'm looking at you.

I didn't realize how much I loved this anime until I realized that the same person who did the music for Fairy Tail, did it for this too.

I knew the soundtrack sounded familiar. Plus, it's one of the few 2 cour shows that hasn't gotten stale yet. Samurai Flamenco, I'm looking at you.

Holy shit, no wonder I had been getting some Fairy Tail vibes(in a good way though)

Mortemis

Banned
DATABASE DATABASE LIVING IN A DATABASE

WOWOWOWOW

IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER IF THERE IS NO HOPE AS THE MADNESS OF THE SYSTEM GROWS.

That OP was meh to me on the first ep, started getting better one ep at a time until I was screaming along to it. Too catchy.

Anyways I'm a bit lazy atm to check, but does the LN have enough material to make a second 2 cour season? I really like this and I'll definitely be depressed when it ends. I need more database. D: Hopefully it sells really well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

Fairy Tail guy also does the music for Shippuden. Guy has skills. In fact this tidbit got me interested... and the OP as well. I thought it was a SAO clone :p!

I saw the first couple eps and kind of dropped it back when it first started airing. I didn't really dislike it I just wasn't that interested in following it. Perhaps I'll give it another chance.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Fairy Tail guy also does the music for Shippuden. Guy has skills. In fact this tidbit got me interested... and the OP as well. I thought it was a SAO clone :p!

Please stop with this line of thought. >_>

I saw the first couple eps and kind of dropped it back when it first started airing. I didn't really dislike it I just wasn't that interested in following it. Perhaps I'll give it another chance.

It's not like other animes that if you die in the game YOU DIE IN REAL LIFE!
holy shit :lol

Love this anime. Do they travel to the other continents on the LN?

They haven't yet but IIRC the author may have said about doing it.

JoeFu

Banned
I love this show. Everything about it is awesome and I love how there isn't much pandering/fan service as well. Marielle may have giant boobs but there isn't cleavage in your face. Even when she's in a swimsuit there isn't 99.9% skin showing.

Trojita

Over 16 episodes and now this thread got created which left only 7 more episode plus no database in thread title?

Double fail Trojita, double fail.

Databasing was discouraged from up high.

There could be an argument that it is better to make an OT advertising a show that you know is good because there are several episodes out. I didn't even realize there wasn't an OT till today. Anyone that picks up Log Horizon today because of this thread will have several episodes already available for them to watch as well as a few more to look forward to.

789shadow

Banned
The OP for this show is the Pacific Rim of anime OP's: either it is the Dumbest Awesome OP Ever, or the Most Awesome Dumb OP ever.

Trojita

A lot of the supplementary material for Log Horizon is posted by the author online.

Western Europe

Area of Interest

- Daedalus's Labyrinth (Crete), an ancient labyrinth modeled after the legend of the Minotaur from Greek mythology.

The dungeon is a magnificent royal palace for Prince Asterius, the Minotaur. Because it was designed to confine the prince who became the Minotaur, Adventurers find it impossible to escape the high-level Legion Raid dungeon. The only minimum requirement for escaping the labyrinth is the item "Ariadne's Thread" which returns adventurers to the Great Temple of Athens.

The dungeon is still not widely known in Japan even though a message reported that a Japanese group had clear the labyrinth and obtained a Phantasmal-class battle axe.

The Phantasmal-class Battle Axe they are talking about is
Crusty's

apricot

I watched the first ep of this back when it aired and swore I'd come back to it. No time like the present!

(I just want something to flush out the bad taste SAO left in my mouth ;__;)

Holy shit, these gifs! My favorite thing about LH is how it really gets the specific MMO tropes and lingo down.

Also, New Orleans is just called "Cajun" now. hahahhaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom