• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech G29 for PS4?

original.jpg

This looks to be the answer to long rumored Logitech support for PS4.

Source with another picture

bombshell

Please support the other Logitech wheels on PS4 too and not some G29 exclusive bullshit (if this new wheel is true).

That D-pad and face button section looks very... removable. It would look much more like a 'G29' without it. Perhaps it is, so that you can put other buttons on there if you like... or maybe... Xbox ones?

That's awesome to hear - I thought they were leaving the wheel market.

If it has H-Pattern and G27 pedals, I'm going to be poorer when this comes out - my biggest gripe about the G27 is there's less buttons on the wheel than the DFGT, so this looks like a good combination.

Crap if this thing is better than my G27 (and the G27 is still not supported come GT7) I will buy it. Damnit Sony/Logitech you got me.

I'm not buying anything new that Logitech puts out until they and Sony get their shit together and support the last-gen wheels.

Bazza

How about you go fuck yourself Logitech, unless the G27 gets patched for PS4 use then they will never get another £ from me.

Jomjom

Banned
Come on please bring G25 and G27 compat to the PS4 when the G29 releases. I need my Initial D wheel (G25) to work with Driveclub!

malyce

By the box it seems it´s the "Driving Force Shifter" not G29, I imagine it would be the "Driving force GT" equivalent.

I doubt that's the box for the wheel, looks more like a separate shifter attachment. That being said, it looks like a DFGT successor. And as another poster noted, those buttons look very removable, but it could all turn out to be nothing. Would be really cool if it had support for all 3 platforms.

I doubt that's the box for the wheel, looks more like a separate shifter attachment. That being said, it looks like a DFGT successor. And as another poster noted, those buttons look very removable, but it could all turn out to be nothing. Would be really cool if it had support for all 3 platforms.

Yeah, you are right, so i edited my post ;).

spicy cho

How about you go fuck yourself Logitech, unless the G27 gets patched for PS4 use then they will never get another £ from me.
This pretty much, if they think I'm going to replace my perfectly fine G25. These companies are insane to think their customers will buy a new wheel every time a new console gets released.

Be prepared to get angry then. PS4 support requires physical hardware. Not happening for older wheels.

For official support yes, but getting drivers to make the old wheels work is a whole big mess but could be done. Will it is a whole other question.

Base looks very small, might still be gear driven instead if belts.

Look at the Fanatec wheel base, they are small too and belt driven (and probably very amazing). They are not wedge-like in form though... more prism'ish, which gives them still a little more space than this has.

Edit: That wheel was not in that box behind it, right? Box looks too flat... seperate shifter??

Norns

Look at the Fanatec wheel base, they are small too. They are not wedge-like in form though... more prism'ish

Edit: That wheel was not in that box behind it, right? Box looks too flat... seperate shifter??
Yeah. Improved Pedals aparently. Separate shifter.

Please let these be load cell pedals.

nikos

The G29 ride has been pretty interesting. Would be happy to see this turning out to be real with full PS4 support.

Glad I've held out on buying a wheel for it.

therapist

Ya , no im not gonna upgrade just for compatibility. (It looks pretty much the same ...again)

Either make my g25 and the g27 work , or im not gonna buy any driving games on ps4 , ill stick to pc. Simple as that.

bombshell

Using a piece of hardware that tricks your console into thinking the wheel is a controller. FFB is terrible like this, and it generally screws up the wheel rotation.

not ideal.

But there isn't any extra hardware needed to use the wheels in War Thunder on PS4.

DisgustipatedSA

Neo Member
Be prepared to get angry then. PS4 support requires physical hardware. Not happening for older wheels.
This is definitely not true. They may require hardware for global support, but each game can implement drivers for older wheels. It's why my old Fanatec Porsche Turbo S Wheel from 2009 can be used in Project CARS despite clearly not having any hardware support for the PS4.

Bluforce

Using a piece of hardware that tricks your console into thinking the wheel is a controller. FFB is terrible like this, and it generally screws up the wheel rotation.

not ideal.

From the forum:
"The Logitech G27 racing wheel does in fact work with the PS4 gaming system without the use of a special usb device such as the maxrace or the M4."

Top Bottom