• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loki |OT| Time Crimes

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
YouTube grifters have rotted your brain.
I'm not sure what that means. I'm fine with female characters and like the new female Loki, she is a great actress. I just don't need Disney trying to replace established characters to show how woke they are. It's not organic or natural, it's forced and cringy.

longdi

Banned
which part of the episode is this cut from? is this the final boss, another loki?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

How OP are those batons though?

images

Seems like they can be used to take anyone down.

longdi

Banned
They made those batons super OP, and infinity stones as paper weights, next week last episode has some wrapping up to do, for this series to feel earned. :messenger_face_screaming:

They cant end with a cliffhanger, can they?

ManaByte

Gold Member

Again, they're doing a second season so they can.

Besides writing this new Star Wars film, the deal also is expected to bring back Waldron in some capacity for Season 2 of Loki.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
They made those batons super OP, and infinity stones as paper weights, next week last episode has some wrapping up to do, for this series to feel earned. :messenger_face_screaming:

It kind of feels like this writer has either never seen a Marvel movie, or they really just do not care at all about consistency and continuity and the Disney / Marvel brass are OK with that.

Looking forward to tonight's episode as that was one hell of a cliffhanger. Not sure how I feel about these Marvel shows going multiple seasons, but if it becomes the norm after Falcon' and now Loki, I suppose it was inevitable given their ratings.

McCheese

Good episode, alligator Loki getting the most screentime out of the Loki's is both stupid and brilliant.

Young Loki actor was pretty weak, the twins in Wandavision were awful too, hopefully they sort casting out for the young avengers squad.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Someone on YouTube pointed out this is what Doctor Who should be if it was competently written. This is sadly 100% accurate.

Anyway… bets on Hemsworth cameoing in the last episode?

Last edited:

McCheese

Someone on YouTube pointed out this is what Doctor Who should be if it was competently written. This is sadly 100% accurate.

Given they would need to establish a new villain in just one episode, it'll prob just be an evil variant version of RenSlayer or Sylvie.

Pagusas

Elden Member

The show creator said Doctor Who was her influence and what she referenced during her pitch for the shows direction

longdi

Banned
Again, they're doing a second season so they can.

dont seem quite firmed and s2 will be a year+ off?
Is it normal for tv series to leave open ending and let audiences wait a year?

I hope it’s not just another Loki…

probably is. winner king loki (so far), the clean version you seen in trailer, in asgard throne room.

if falcon and wanda have shown, these mini-series are pretty self contained around the protag of the titles, some young avengers hints and low/no stakes setup for next phase of MCU.

Will be surprised if it ends with Kang cliffhanger :messenger_grinning_sweat:

bitbydeath

dont seem quite firmed and s2 will be a year+ off?
Is it normal for tv series to leave open ending and let audiences wait a year?

probably is. winner king loki (so far), the clean version you seen in trailer, in asgard throne room.

if falcon and wanda have shown, these mini-series are pretty self contained around the protag of the titles, some young avengers hints and low/no stakes setup for next phase of MCU.

Will be surprised if it ends with Kang cliffhanger :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It may setup the villain for Dr Strange, I expect Loki S2 should get a completely different story since it’ll come after.

longdi

Banned
lol is this your first TV series ever? That’s basically the formula for most major shows…

i mean the big bad in loki is still unseen coming into the final episode, unlike falcon and wanda.

with no development time, so either loki ends in a cliffhanger or big bad is another loki. the first scenario feels unsatisfying i guess

Soodanim

Gold Member
I think they could easily throw in a Loki villain and/or also end with a teaser for the man behind the man. It's not like Marvel haven't done it before, that's how we originally got Thanos.

sol_bad

I looked up Alioth and he/it does have ties to Kang in the comics. I really hope it's him. I never thought Mephisto would be involved in WandaVision but I'm leaning pretty hard into Kang.
:)

ManaByte

Gold Member
I looked up Alioth and he/it does have ties to Kang in the comics. I really hope it's him. I never thought Mephisto would be involved in WandaVision but I'm leaning pretty hard into Kang.
:)
I mean. They're filming Ant-Man 3 right now and Kang is the villain in that. Would make sense to introduce him now.

sol_bad

It better be Kang and not just another Loki variant.

I really hope it's not another Loki too, Marvel Studios have done a pretty good job of mixing things up with their series so far so here's hoping they don't disappoint.
The only problem with it being Kang is that the series itself won't have a proper closure as we know he'll be in Ant-Man 3.
If it is him, should be interesting to see how they handle next weeks last episode.

Fbh

Episode 5 was ok.

Sending variants to some end of times apocalypse to be killed by a smoke monster instead of just killing them seems needlessly convoluted but I guess they might have an explanation for that next week.
Also the Loki with the presidential Pin was a reminder that the main Loki in this could have been more fun, they've really just turned him into some generic good guy over the last couple of episodes.

I also didn't buy young and old Loki wanting to stay behind.

And I was also hoping to find out more about the smoke monster when they "enchanted" it, since it was established in previous episodes that it involved going through the memories of the target. But here there's just some green light and the monster is instantly defeated.

But I'm still interested in seeing where it will go next week. Like others here I hope the big answer to the mystery isn't just another Loki.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
in episode 4, i remember the time keepers said slyvie is a child of them. i guess this will be the final big reveal 🤷‍♀️

Just finished episode 5. So far this is the best MCU content in the whole of Phase 4. I felt disappointed with WandaVision, The Falcon And The Winter Soldier and Black Widow.

I can't wait for episode 6

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think there was a dead Kang in that in-between universe or whatever they were in, too (it looked like him to me). He was like a collapsed statue with his head broken off, surprised look on his face. The camera panned past it. Could have been foreshadowing, or just a red herring.

sol_bad

I think there was a dead Kang in that in-between universe or whatever they were in, too (it looked like him to me). He was like a collapsed statue with his head broken off, surprised look on his face. The camera panned past it. Could have been foreshadowing, or just a red herring.

Do you mean this?

bzmkYuW.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
That's a statue head of the Living Tribunal... See the other face?

Which almost ended up in Endgame, but was cut in the script stage.

"It was partly inspired by Kevin Feige... he came into the conference room in Atlanta, where we were trapped for years, and he had brought a bunch of comics panels with him... we were pretty far down the road... and he wanted to make sure we didn't lost the psychedelic nature of the [Jim] Starlin universe... and so we stuck the Living Tribunal in the movie. So, as Thanos and Doctor Strange came to blows, Doctor Strange blew Thanos' mind and sent him through the mindscape."

Shy-Gamer

Neo Member
This is probably the marvel show that has me most engaged so far. I liked Wandavision but it had an incredibly slow start(that first episode was so damn boring, the sitcom homages got old after the first 10 minutes) and the second half felt very Losty with its multiple misteries and failure to manage expectations. Falcon and the Winter Soldier was great, but the new characters were meh and I kinda missed the larger stakes for the whole MCU, it felt very self-contained. Loki so far had both a better managed mistery and compelling new characters with Sylvie and Mobius and it SEEMS to be relevant to the rest of the MCU. Hopefully the last episode doesn't undo half the things I said.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Self contained stories should be expected, over half the MCU is self contained.

Falcon wasn't entirely self-contained though, but most people don't realize it yet. If Black Widow had come out first, more people might have though. Falcon added US Agent to the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers roster where Black Widow adds the first member.

John2290

As the camera pans down to the loki bunker, the first time. What was that that was in the ground? An alternate Ant man?

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
As the camera pans down to the loki bunker, the first time. What was that that was in the ground? An alternate Ant man?

Frog Thor... AKA Throg. He was trying to get back to Mjolnir. Yes, that was an actual thing in the comics. Just like the Thanos Copter that they showed.

Top Bottom