• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loki |OT| Time Crimes

ManaByte

Gold Member
Frog Thor... AKA Throg. He was trying to get back to Mjolnir. Yes, that was an actual thing in the comics. Just like the Thanos Copter that they showed.

And they said they actually filmed a scene of him in the trial room with Loki and Hemsworth voiced Throg. They cut it for time.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Fun fact:

Tom Hiddleston, Wunmi Mosaku and Gugu Mbatha-Raw all went to the same British arts academy and were within a couple years of each other.

Mbatha-Raw is British?

*watches an interview on YouTube*

Holy crap. She is legit the first British actor or actress I have ever seen who has a truly convincing US accent. Had me fooled.

DelireMan7

I was pleasantly surprised by Wandavision but disappointed by Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

I was not really excited by a Loki series and as I realize I don't like to wait 1 week between each episode I waited to start it.

Yesterday I watch the first 3 episodes and damn ! It's really good. Already the first episode really grab me with the whole "Guardians of time" thing. I am a neophyte in comics but I really like the "higher being/force" in them and I am really glad this kind of stuff are in the serie.

So far, it really feel like watching a MCU movie (something I missed with the 2 first serie). I enjoy it a lot and can't wait to watch the rest.

longdi

Banned
i hope sylvie n loki makes out to cause the nexus event to beat the final boss, that will be so cute and rewarding for how loser loki has become:messenger_blowing_kiss:

final boss reveal, that's quite an upgrade in stakes for D+

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Just watched Episode 4. Still very good. I am really having fun. Can't wait to see the 2 last episodes.

But there is something I maybe miss :
In Episode 2 or 3 (can't remember), we saw Sylvie sending reset charges in multiple "time door". Then at the TVA, he see numerous Nexus appearing on the timeline. I don't think I saw a resolution of that. Like it just never happened in the next episode. Did I miss something ?

bitbydeath

Just watched Episode 4. Still very good. I am really having fun. Can't wait to see the 2 last episodes.

But there is something I maybe miss :
In Episode 2 or 3 (can't remember), we saw Sylvie sending reset charges in multiple "time door". Then at the TVA, he see numerous Nexus appearing on the timeline. I don't think I saw a resolution of that. Like it just never happened in the next episode. Did I miss something ?
I asked about that scene once and apparently the TVA just fixed it on the down-low. Poor writing there IMO since it was shown as a very dramatic moment in the series.

DelireMan7

I asked about that scene once and apparently the TVA just fixed it on the down-low. Poor writing there IMO since it was shown as a very dramatic moment in the series.
Ha ok.... Yes it was a really dramatic and "ho shit" moment for me too. I was expecting huge consequences of that. Sad if it was there just for dramatic effect/cliffhanger.

Neolombax

Not much? They basically had the equivalent of revealing Thanos in a TV series
Ok maybe I should clarify this bit. I wanted it to be more. I had a feeling it would be
Kang. I mean, I suspected it was him. I was happy that the reveal was him

maybe it was the way the character was portrayed. Then again

The variant of Kang could be a more menacing presence than what was revealed today

I actually loved the series as a whole, the premise is really interesting. Way better than the Falcon series, but I think I still preferred Wandavision a bit more.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Glad the prediction for this show become true. The best out of 3 shows. So, season 2 will be before doctor strange movie?

After since that comes out in March and they haven't filmed Season 2 yet.

What If...?, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight are next since those are filmed.

Last edited:
Overall I'd give the show a 7 out of 10. It was entertaining despite the writing not being very good. Too much sitting and talking. Male Loki had this sad lost puppy face throughout the show.
It's funny when he says he "can't be trusted" when he's the nicest guy in the multiverse. Where's the lying, scheming, witty Loki? We got none of that.
The reveal in the last episode was kind of disappointing. This Kang felt kinda like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.
I know he's supposed to be this neutral version of Kang, but still. When I saw him I thought "that's just a guy".

The show totally lost me with the reveal of kang. Up until then it was probably 7/10. But the finale really jumped the shark for me.

Owen Wilson was fantastic and a stand out character. But other than him and Tom Hiddleston, it was an ensemble of mediocre to poorly cast characters. Leading up to the biggest low point with Kang.

That actor has zero credibility or believability or screen presence as a villan. I was like huh? Do they seriously think this is working at any level? I thought for sure they were working to another reveal that is the real Kang and not this joke. But no, it just kind of ended. And so did my interest in this series.

Ulysses 31

The show totally lost me with the reveal of kang. Up until then it was probably 7/10. But the finale really jumped the shark for me.

Owen Wilson was fantastic and a stand out character. But other than him and Tom Hiddleston, it was an ensemble of mediocre to poorly cast characters. Leading up to the biggest low point with Kang.

That actor has zero credibility or believability or screen presence as a villan. I was like huh? Do they seriously think this is working at any level? I thought for sure they were working to another reveal that is the real Kang and not this joke. But no, it just kind of ended. And so did my interest in this series.
You mean you were still on board with Loki struggling against normies while before he could throw Iron Man out of a window and outfight Captain America, Loki becoming a good guy from the evil villain he was in Avengers in just a few days, being a side character in his own show? :lollipop_thescream:

Last edited:
You mean you were still on board with Loki struggling against normies while before he could throw Iron Man out of a window and outfight Captain America, Loki becoming a good guy from the evil villain he was in Avengers in just a few days, being a side character in his own show? :lollipop_thescream:
I think it is symbolic. Just like the time guardian company having infinity stones for paper clips.

In reality power is not necessarily needed to be shown through physical display, silver tongue and other stuff such as plot armor are just as strong if not stronger than physical power displays.
Overall I'd give the show a 7 out of 10. It was entertaining despite the writing not being very good. Too much sitting and talking. Male Loki had this sad lost puppy face throughout the show.
It's funny when he says he "can't be trusted" when he's the nicest guy in the multiverse. Where's the lying, scheming, witty Loki? We got none of that.
The reveal in the last episode was kind of disappointing. This Kang felt kinda like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.
I know he's supposed to be this neutral version of Kang, but still. When I saw him I thought "that's just a guy".
Actually I think writing is very good, I never thought they'd take the crazy out of the comics, thought they'd dumb down shit to easy to digest crap. Disney is pleasantly surprising by being bold enough to take the crazy straight from comic to film. These sort of complex ideas are way too crazy to be feeding children and the general public, people can only dismiss them so much(but that's the sort of mindset that causes you to view even real world science and news as fake news.).

Last edited:

longdi

Banned

loki got so much screentime and he knows the big bad background, will be cute if he becomes the leader of the next avenger :messenger_grinning_sweat: . at least his character arc has been better than carol denvers.

Ulysses 31

I think it is symbolic. Just like the time guardian company having infinity stones for paper clips.

In reality power is not necessarily needed to be shown through physical display, silver tongue and other stuff such as plot armor are just as strong if not stronger than physical power displays.
Don't you think it's a bit of a bad way to convey that symbolism when there's nothing to explain the power discrepancy? The show clearly lays out that TVA agents are just people.

Remaining consistent with pre-established material is not an unreasonable expectation IMO.

longdi

Banned
Don't you think it's a bit of a bad way to convey that symbolism when there's nothing to explain the power discrepancy? The show clearly lays out that TVA agents are just people.

Remaining consistent with pre-established material is not an unreasonable expectation IMO.

black widow can now sky dive and fight from thousands of feet up and land safely without even a cut.

kevin fegie needs to get his power levels correct.

Ulysses 31

black widow can now sky dive and fight from thousands of feet up and land safely without even a cut.

We know how Black Widow ends up and that her movie is basically filler so it's less an issue I'd say. :messenger_winking_tongue:

longdi

Banned

Another 6 hours of loki? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Is Tom doing a secret takeover of mcu?

At this point loki is not even an anti hero but a full fledged main hero arc trying to rewrite the wrongs of his gf impulse and maybe a reunion. An underdog even seeing he struggles more than black widow, up against the new big bad.

Imo that's fine with me, i don't see anyone in the new mcu as endearing and charismatic as Tom and having a long character screen time.

Not clear though, Kevin fegie cant even keep power levels consistent and he wants to do time travel AND multiverses.... feels like big cash grab with the multiverse of new and old characters 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

happening in japan too.

Krillin and Master Roshi and even Yamcha can to an extent hang out with ultra instinct goku, they shouldn't even be in the audience a Saiyan sneeze could blow them out of existence.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I liked the finale. The thing about Kang is that there will be so many versions of him, he can remain somewhat fresh movie to movie.

I feel like another season of Loki isn't needed, but I'll take it. If only so the two Loki's can hash things out.

McCheese

On the one hand, not much action really happened - the final episode of the season and half of it was just them sitting and talking.

But on the other-hand, they could have ended it with some flashy final battle that didn't really explain anything or having any impact at all on the wider MCU, (aka Wandavision), so I sorta appreciate having the literal new super-villain sit down and explain shit like i'm 8 years old and make the multiverse stuff crystal clear.

Not sure what to make of Kang's Kayne West impression, he was supposed to be terrifying (according to Loki's description afterwards) but he just seems quirky like every other secondary villain (collector, grandmaster etc). I hope the variant Kang is played more seriously, but it's probably just going to be Thanos 2.0 right?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not sure what to make of Kang's Kayne West impression, the MCU already has many quirky protagonists (collector, grandmaster etc) but I imagine the variant Kang is going to be much more badass.

The statue at the end was in the comic costume so...

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Welp. I shouldn't have caught up on this thread before watching the final episode. It's alright. I figured it would be him. That was the rumor.

Shouta

Really loved that finale. Marvel stuff tends to end with a bombastic action sequence so getting just the actors doing their thing and building tension by presenting what's potentially to come was great. I'm pretty curious as to how this will play out in the long term.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Really not sure how I feel about the series overall. Owen Wilson is great, Tom Hiddleston is great, Sylvie’s pretty good too.
It was nice to have the suspicion confirmed, even if it was just the word “Conqueror” being mentioned off-hand. Subtle, but gets the job done. But outside of that, the entire point is made and the rest is fluff that just ends with Loki being kicked out into a new timeline and the anticipated end that sets up the full-fledged multiverse.

It’s not the first time a series has left it unfinished for the next season, but I’m used to getting some resolution with Marvel. They’re going to have to pay off what’s her face lawful neutral woman whose name I don’t remember who went off to find free will, because that didn’t even leave much of a mystery - it didn’t go far enough for that.

I can only assume this multiverse achievement unlocked prompt means we can have Dr Strange doing his movie and Loki doing his without conflicting, which gives Feige a lot of freedom.

I wish he would fix the power levels, though. All over the place.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I really didn’t think they’d go so far with kick starting phase 4 with this series, but there you have it.

And congrats once again to WB/DC for letting the MCU get there first with the multiverse… the thing that DC has always been known for.

congratulations slow clap GIF

sol_bad

What an amazingly great finale. I wonder if the people who complained about the action packed finales of WandaVision and FatWS will now complain that this was too boring.

You can see now that there is a huge master plan for phase 4 and the new Endgame is no doubt going to be a multiversal war. I predicted that the next big event will be a massive space battle like seen in Star Wars but it looks like they are going a step further. This is insanely good, I wonder if it will end up involving a Secret Wars style story after the multiversal war.

Everyone was top notch in their acting and I am pleasantly happy that the main "villain" was who he was. I wouldn't really consider him a villain though.

Literally the only thing that disappointed me in the episode is Mobius being punched like a bitch. It didn't make sense because he is basically a field agent and she is a desk jockey, he should have been able to take her.
Will be interesting to see if Renslayer ends up becoming one of the Kang's girlfriend/queen/partner.

Top Bottom