• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw Pax East Gameplay

Hopefully the camera and music are sorted out when this releases, have faith in the music being there, but not the camera being fixed...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL those janky animations make Mortal Kombat 9 look like Bayonetta.

The animations of the single moves themselves is not that bad, it's mostly the fact that each move has a predetermined start up point so it kinda teleports around while canceling around into each other.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that doesn't look fluid at all. I wanna be excited though.

Jarmel

Banned
This is one of the worst edited videos I've ever seen.

The gameplay itself really doesn't look like NMH. Much more emphasis on melee.

Alex

I'm interested but no way in fuck at sixty dollars. Console games very badly need tiered pricing.

animation doesn't seem like smooth transitions, but one thing I notice is move variety like previously said. I figured there wouldn't be that many combos or whatever.

Tain

That video kinda knocks it down from "I might rent this and try it if possible" to "I don't think I want to bother trying this".

Looks ridiculously dull, not unlike NMH.

Codeblue

The animation didn't really bother me, but it all looked really repetitive.

Edit: NMH was awesome, you take that back right now Tain!

Riposte

That video kinda knocks it down from "I might rent this and try it if possible" to "I don't think I want to bother trying this".

Looks ridiculously dull, not unlike NMH.

"I'll check it out on YouTube". It does seem pretty funny.

Anyone who craps on DmC or Ninja Gaiden 3 shouldn't be excited for this I think. But who knows?

Khezu

LOL those janky animations make Mortal Kombat 9 look like Bayonetta.

The animations in MK9 are fine, in 60FPS at least, the jankyness of that game comes from some other factors. Mostly wonky 3D hitboxes, whiffing uncancelable dialed combos, and cross over jump in punches being obnoxiously good so you get lots of leap frogging over each other, and the corner being invisible death trap.

Lolipop just has some weird stylistic choices going on, specifically having a long pause when ever you hit someone, and super quick cancelable moves, but theres like no neutral position for them, so it looks like shes spazzing out like that weird guy from that fairy cartoon.

No_Style

That video actually got me somewhat interested in this game. I like the impact sounds and have no problems with the animation transitions. It seems like a stylistic choice.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The game animations I think just add more to the campy side of the game. But yes I can see some areas not being fun like the driving on the fields but otherwise looks pretty fun. The video is poorly edited and the lack of music amuses me but it looks solid in my opinion.

Not everything has to have the same generic good animations and transitions. This game seems to do it for style. NMH had some transitions unless my memory fails so its probably for style purposes on the game. Also as most people know Suda51 games ain't for everyone.

Pretty excited for it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
haha people should just use the song I posted while watching the video. Better than no music :p Plus it's sorta naturally in sync

Grymm

Banned
Is this an XBLA game or a retail release?

Because I can see it doing good and being worth it if it's just an XBLA title. If they're expecting $60 for that.... no. That's not gonna work.

Top Bottom