• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

News London Bridge attack: two members of public killed and police shoot suspect dead

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
There was yet another terrorist attack in London today by a Muslim extremist. He stabbed two people to death and injured several more, and I guess to try and look more menacing he wore a (thankfully) fake explosive vest. Only when you're a member of the Religion of Peace, does an explosive vest become a must have fashion accessory. Thankfully this piece of shit was killed on the spot.

This shouldn't be part and parcel of living in a big city, but here we are. RIP to the victims. Their lives ended far too early due to failed policy and being afraid of hurt feelings.

Live updates from The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2019/nov/29/london-bridge-incident-police-city

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
Well hey, at least he didn’t teach a dog to raise its paw.

At least he didn’t initiate contact with a woman.

At least he didn’t defend himself.

At least he didn’t cover his face a little bit while walking down the street.

At least he didn’t use the wrong pronoun.

At least he didn’t do basic gardening work.

With all of their focus on ”safety” over privacy, you’d think they’d be able to notice someone behaving erratically and perhaps try to stop them? The UK police stops, frisks, and arrests people on the street who have box cutters, where were they when this guy was about?

It couldn’t be that the UK a is nation run by fucking clowns and their police are incompetent cunts, right?

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Clearly this guy was just pissed at Trump and him asking Zelensky to look into Biden for personal gain.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Hissing Sid

Feb 19, 2015
Unconfirmed sources are reporting that the offender was definitely not shouting Allah Akbar but was instead screaming that he was just looking for his friend Al, last seen at the bar.

Jeremy Corbyn has called for an immediate enquiry into the police handling of the situation, demanding to know why they didn’t just shoot him in the ankles or offer him a nice hot cuppa and a friendly chat. He’s also expressed his condolences to the family of the vic... er offender and asked if he can attend the funeral.

For their part the Police have commented that they always try to shoot to disable, but were forced to employ more lethal means in this case when the attacker jumped up and threatened to start misgendering members of the public.

Meanwhile the Lib Dem’s have promised to spend a whole ten seconds sympathising with the victims, and entire news interviews dedicated to drumming it into the hobbits of the Shire that Islam really is the religion of peace, and that despite the odd unfortunate misunderstanding, muslims really are the most tolerant and friendly peeps on the Earth. Really really.

Boris Johnson has yet to speak on the matter but rest assured that when he does the media will be there to report how disrespectful, ist and phobic his comments are.

My sympathies go to the victims of this murderous little tit, who’s slotting by police I watched on my wife’s phone in between mouthfuls of stew and dumplings. I enjoyed my meal and gave not a single, solitary fuck at this scumbags passing. Fuck him, fuck his twisted religion and fuck his immortal soul.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I heard he was Asian. All these Japanese otaku terrorists are becoming a real problem - they will do anything to get 72 catgirls in heaven.

Less bitterly, I'm glad they were able to shoot him before the British court system let him off for "mental illness" or some other GOOJF card.

Last edited:

GamingKaiju

Oct 24, 2014
RIP to the victims thoughts with the families.

RIP to the victims

and watch your Economy Die ..

Good luck
I Would much prefer to be a poor master than a rich slave in gold chains ~ Micheal Caine 2016.

London is the one that needs all the luck going forward...
Good to know that I’m not the only person that is starting to think like this. 👍

Last edited:

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Apr 11, 2007
I heard he was Asian. All these Japanese otaku terrorists are becoming a real problem - they will do anything to get 72 catgirls in heaven.

Less bitterly, I'm glad they were able to shoot him before the British court system let him off for "mental illness" or some other GOOJF card.
At best they will report 'South Asian', like they did when Pakistani gangs groomed little girls.
Yeah fuck no. We indians dont want to be associated with that.

DV27

Formerly 'Dan27'
Jun 14, 2010
A tragedy that two were killed - but it could have been worse if it wasn't for the armed police and members of the public for apprehending the attacker.

No doubt there will be questions by certain high profile people about why this person was released from jail, and why he wasn't taken alive. They can properly fuck off.

Reactions: darkangel-212559
Nov 13, 2016
Police have identified the suspect in a terrorist attack near London Bridge as 28-year-old Usman Khan.
Khan was convicted in 2012 for terrorism offenses and was released from prison in December 2018 with an ankle monitor, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said in a statement.
I prefer terrorists are taken alive, but not if they're just released a few years later to resume their work. Good that he's dead now.

Last edited:

EuropeOG

Dec 11, 2008
London
abload.de
If I was one of the members of the public, I would have stabbed the cunt with his own knife. Well done for them having such restraint.

That said, I believe his best place would have been to rot in a cell for the rest of his life, he had no purpose in life and got off easy with 2 shots.

Either way, the same dead questions will be asked.

darkangel-212559

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2019
One of the members of public kicked the cunt in the head while he was wrestled to the floor, and another grabbed a 5 inch knife from a food place before running towards him to fuck him up.

Good on the brave members of public to do that.

And good that the Police shot him dead.

May the cunts soul burn in hell for all eternity and then destroyed to be taken out of all existence.

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
One of the members of public kicked the cunt in the head while he was wrestled to the floor, and another grabbed a 5 inch knife from a food place before running towards him to fuck him up.

Good on the brave members of public to do that.

And good that the Police shot him dead.

May the cunts soul burn in hell for all eternity and then destroyed to be taken out of all existence.
damn yo, your dark heart gives me feels

Oct 26, 2018

Years before Usman Khan was shot and killed by police after London Bridge stabbing, authorities said he planned to start a "terrorist military training facility."

Khan, 28, was identified as the suspect in Friday's central London attack that left two people dead and three others injured, Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said.

He was released from jail in December 2018 on an ankle monitor after he plead guilty to terrorism charges in 2012.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
This was completely avoidable, but once again the lax UK justice (if you can call it that) system has failed its citizens. This scumbag should've been executed or at the very least been in prison for life for his terrorism conviction but instead they released him and now people are dead. The blood is on the judge's hands. And to think that the UK is taking back some ISIS jihadis instead of having them executed over there is beyond clown world and they'll obviously pay the price with more blood down the line for it. I have more respect for Assad than I do the UK, he at least said that he will be executing ISIS prisoners.

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
Unbelievable how he was released. There’s a general election in a few weeks and I’m still surprised that this status quo is still polling so high. I’m sad normal people lost their lives, the folks that tackled the terrorist are heroes.

MisterFalcon

Mar 12, 2013
This was completely avoidable, but once again the lax UK justice (if you can call it that) system has failed its citizens. This scumbag should've been executed or at the very least been in prison for life for his terrorism conviction but instead they released him and now people are dead. The blood is on the judge's hands. And to think that the UK is taking back some ISIS jihadis instead of having them executed over there is beyond clown world and they'll obviously pay the price with more blood down the line for it. I have more respect for Assad than I do the UK, he at least said that he will be executing ISIS prisoners.
ISIS terrorists who were fighting Assad's enemies like the Kurds or the UK will probably get a medal. Like this guy who bashed a 4 year old girl's head in with a rifle.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2017
Sheffield, UK
mixer.com

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Reactions: cryptoadam

Dee Dah Dave

Nov 24, 2013
England, UK
Need to clamp down on Fundamentalist Islam, which is only a stones throw (no pun intended) from radical Islam. You can’t have a fast growing population in the West who wish it to be like Pakistan or 7th century Arabia.

There needs to be separate prisons for terrorists so they can’t mingle with and radicalise normal criminals. All the main ones on the watch list, returning ISIS etc need throwing in there, permanently.

We need an MI5 agent in every mosque in the country to properly assess the situation. Any one of them preaching real hate should be closed immediately and the offenders imprisoned.

The West needs to take a hard look at itself and decide if it still wants to be here in 100 years time. This means both the left and right coming together and doing some real analysis. Not just shouting racist and bigot as soon as it’s suggested that there are serious problems within Islam and it’s community in the West.

When reputable polling shows that at least 30% of U.K. Muslims support or sympathise with terrorism, over 50% want homosexuality to be illegal, and a similar number want full blown Sharia - these are very serious issues that need tackling. You can’t just keep sweeping it under the rug because you don’t want to offend brown people. That’s just cowardice and only making the situation harder to deal with as time goes by.

highrider

Gold Member
Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
It would have been nice if his community identified him before it got to this point. It’s the same with mass shooters, people knew this guy was going to do something they just repeatedly failed to take action. We need to have an environment that terrorists are afraid to move in. Communities that care about the well being of everyone. Good on those men, amazing video.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Need to clamp down on Fundamentalist Islam, which is only a stones throw (no pun intended) from radical Islam. You can’t have a fast growing population in the West who wish it to be like Pakistan or 7th century Arabia.

There needs to be separate prisons for terrorists so they can’t mingle with and radicalise normal criminals. All the main ones on the watch list, returning ISIS etc need throwing in there, permanently.

We need an MI5 agent in every mosque in the country to properly assess the situation. Any one of them preaching real hate should be closed immediately and the offenders imprisoned.

The West needs to take a hard look at itself and decide if it still wants to be here in 100 years time. This means both the left and right coming together and doing some real analysis. Not just shouting racist and bigot as soon as it’s suggested that there are serious problems within Islam and it’s community in the West.

When reputable polling shows that at least 30% of U.K. Muslims support or sympathise with terrorism, over 50% want homosexuality to be illegal, and a similar number want full blown Sharia - these are very serious issues that need tackling. You can’t just keep sweeping it under the rug because you don’t want to offend brown people. That’s just cowardice and only making the situation harder to deal with as time goes by.
Nah, the modern Left got it covered. You're sounding like conservatives did 20 years ago, conservatives who were laughed and screeched at and called bigots. They even invented a new term for people who raise the alarm about radical Islam: Islamophobes! You don't want to be one of those, do you?

So buck up, Modern Left! You have the seats in parliament, the seats at the UN, the total sympathy of your progressive media, the seats of honor at universities and even the moral high-ground. They should go ahead and fix the mess that they welcomed with open arms. I don't accept this cowardly notion that it needs to be fixed by "left and right coming together" (not aimed at you, specifically). Conservatives should rightly sit this one out like they've been told for two decades and watch their leaders fumble for an answer.

Reactions: Yakuzakazuya

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Lyrics:

"London Bridge Is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down!

London Bridge is Falling Down!

My Jihad Lady!"
*explodes*

Track 2:

"Ring Around The Refugee

A Pocket Full Of Islam,

Ashes, Ashes, We All Blow Up!"
*Kaboom*

Enjoy these and other hit songs in Afro Republicans new Hit Album: Apple Snackbar! Coming to several stores near you in limited quantities because left wing media distributors think the album is racist despite the fact Islam IS NOT A RACE and these people are dumb as fuck!

Get you're album ahead of time with two easy payments of $39.89 plus 13% tax AND ONLY $34 shipping and handling. (Additional $77 VAT tax if you live in Europe.) You have never seen deals this good in your life!!!!!

FireFly

Aug 5, 2007
With all of their focus on ”safety” over privacy, you’d think they’d be able to notice someone behaving erratically and perhaps try to stop them? The UK police stops, frisks, and arrests people on the street who have box cutters, where were they when this guy was about?
How do we know he was behaving erratically before the attack? How do we know he walked past any police officers?

He was stopped in 5 minutes, which seems like a reasonable response time to me. Even if there was an armed police officer on every street corner, someone with a concealed knife could still walk up to a group of people and stab several to death before being taken down.

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
How do we know he was behaving erratically before the attack?
He’d already gone to prison for terrorism before (which should be a life sentence). One would think the UK would put those million cameras to good use by keeping tabs on a known terrorist.

And they sure seem quick on the draw to arrest people for absolutely fucking nothing, but lacking when it actually matters.

They’ve taken away the rights of their citizens, and the citizens still aren’t safer for it.

FireFly

Aug 5, 2007
He’d already gone to prison for terrorism before (which should be a life sentence). One would think the UK would put those million cameras to good use by keeping tabs on a known terrorist.

And they sure seem quick on the draw to arrest people for absolutely fucking nothing, but lacking when it actually matters.

They’ve taken away the rights of their citizens, and the citizens still aren’t safer for it.
Right, but I was talking about the initial police response. And as far as I am aware there is no system to intelligently identify and track suspects as they pass through various security cameras.

And personally I find the idea of such a system pretty scary.

Last edited:

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
RIP to the victims, and congrats to the people that actually went and stopped him, that requires some balls of steel.

But yeah, why was this person released? What did they think was going to happen? That he would come out of 6 years in jail with a newfound love for the country?

• LOL
Reactions: Doc Honk

Turnt

Jul 21, 2018
Lyrics:

"London Bridge Is Falling Down, Falling Down, Falling Down!

London Bridge is Falling Down!

My Jihad Lady!"
*explodes*

Track 2:

"Ring Around The Refugee

A Pocket Full Of Islam,

Ashes, Ashes, We All Blow Up!"
*Kaboom*

Enjoy these and other hit songs in Afro Republicans new Hit Album: Apple Snackbar! Coming to several stores near you in limited quantities because left wing media distributors think the album is racist despite the fact Islam IS NOT A RACE and these people are dumb as fuck!

Get you're album ahead of time with two easy payments of $39.89 plus 13% tax AND ONLY $34 shipping and handling. (Additional $77 VAT tax if you live in Europe.) You have never seen deals this good in your life!!!!!
What an odd little comment to make shortly after people have died.