• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

fvng

I read a lot of pages of this thread and the game that I waited for was Portable Ops.

I have it on my PS3
Content manager won't see it.
PS Store on Vita doesn't see it.

What gives?

Kojima said nuh uh
not really

Can you transfer it from your PS3 to Vita?

I read a lot of pages of this thread and the game that I waited for was Portable Ops.

I have it on my PS3

What gives?
Gotta download it directly from you download list on the Vita. You know the one. The one that you can't sort in any way. You'll have to scroll around to find it.

Eusis

I have it on my PS3

What gives?
Download list, as mentioned by the post above.

Yeah, this is probably important enough to keep in mind to merit doubling down on.

psychotron

QoyPuRy.jpg

So happy!!!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Did not know this until now the ps vita has access to the whole download history of the ps3. Downloading phantasy star portable demo 1 & 2 right now

Drago

This is my first time playing Crash Team Racing and man do I wish I had this as a kid instead of Mario Kart 64.

Crash Team Racing was probably my favorite game when I was a youngin. It's my favorite kart racer, so glad to finally have it and all the other Crash games on Vita!

And I will finally play through all the Spyro games as well. :)

Well damn, I don't think I can put off getting a Vita much longer. I really want an OLED though. Are there any retailers selling the old model for under $200?

Servbot24

Banned
Well damn, I don't think I can put off getting a Vita much longer. I really want an OLED though. Are there any retailers selling the old model for under $200?

GameStop has refurbished ones for $180 and new ones for $200. There are bundles at $200 but it will probably vary which version Vita they are.

So how are people managing PS1 games without L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons? I know you can use the back panels or the analogues but it seems odd without the regular buttons there.

SFenton

GameStop has refurbished ones for $180 and new ones for $200. There are bundles at $200 but it will probably vary which version Vita they are.

$170. Had to get another one yesterday because I lost my last one and I had three games coming in the mail. :[

CLEEK

Blasphemy

Truth.

I still view MK64 as the worst sequel ever made.

SMK took over my life, and its eventual next gen sequel was one of the major reasons I bought an N64. The feeling of abject disappointment when finally playing MK64 was only ever matched by how I felt when walking out of the cinema after seeing Phantom Menace.

Kolma

Burnout Legends froze while scrolling through unlocked cars. hit PS button, quit game.
Proceeded to start Promethus demo to show someone how terrible it was.
Froze before it could even start, ps button produced ( - ) icon in corner.
Turned off vita and it just kept looping the powering off icon.

Eventually had to force restart by holding down power button for 30 seconds.

Be wary of the games not officially supported

mollipen

So how are people managing PS1 games without L2/R2/L3/R3 buttons? I know you can use the back panels or the analogues but it seems odd without the regular buttons there.

Back panels for analogs? Not sure what you mean there.

When playing PS1 games, you can set whatever to whatever. So, for example in Symphony of the Night, I set L2 and R2 to left and right on the right analog stick. You can swap things around however you want.

Also, did PS1 games have L3/R3? Wasn't that not a thing until the PS2?

CLEEK

It has always seems like a massive oversight that Sony didn't give the Vita L2/R2 buttons. Not only for perfect PSone compatibility, but for remote play for PS3 and PS4 as well.

I *hate* the rear touchscreen with a passion, so depending on the game, either map L2/R2 to the right stick or front touch pad. In some games that fine, in other games, it's a huge barrier.

Why oh why didn't they copy the Wii's Classic Controller, and make L2/R2 small buttons just in from the main shoulder buttons? It's not ideal, but a million times better than having to map them to touchscreens.

triggers.jpg

Kolma

When playing PS1 games, you can set whatever to whatever. So, for example in Symphony of the Night, I set L2 and R2 to left and right on the right analog stick. You can swap things around however you want.

PS1 did have clickable sticks. Can't remember any games atm that used them maybe Ape Escape?

It has always seems like a massive oversight that Sony didn't give the Vita L2/R2 buttons. Not only for perfect PSone compatibility, but for remote play for PS3 and PS4 as well.

I *hate* the rear touchscreen with a passion, so depending on the game, either map L2/R2 to the right stick or front touch pad. In some games that fine, in other games, it's a huge barrier.

Why oh why didn't they copy the Wii's Classic Controller, and make L2/R2 small buttons just in from the main shoulder buttons? It's not ideal, but a million times better than having to map them to touchscreens.

triggers.jpg

That's not an official Classic Controller :D
can tell by grips, logo on front, and weird covered up hole on top (official had cables come out of bottom which makes it extra weird)

PS1 had L3/R3 but it wasn't used very often.

By 'back panels' I mean the back touchpad. If I remember correctly each of the corners of the pad could be set up as its own button so that could be a way to get around the no L2/R2/clickable analog sticks thing.

wilflare

I always just go into the shop and ask if they will apply it for me. I don't have the patience to do it myself.

my typos are seriously crazy ><
I meant apply the screen protector

hmm... but I did not purchase it from them :( especially the HORI one (got it from Amazon)
still waiting for the Glass Screen Protector for HTC M8 to arrive... it will fit the Vita

Dorygrant

PS1 did have clickable sticks. Can't remember any games atm that used them maybe Ape Escape?

can tell by grips, logo on front, and weird covered up hole on top (official had cables come out of bottom which makes it extra weird)

Even if the one he pictured isn't the offical one. I just looked at mine (it's the earlier model of Classic Controller for Wii) and it's side by side awesomness.

I've read that it's not that great. Good driving Sim, poor modes and "GT atmosphere".

But if someone else wants to weigh in, I would love a solid portable Sim racer.

I just bought it and am really enjoying it ^_^

My first GT since the first game lol

Edit: Motor Storm Arctic is bad ass!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Having Rock Band Unplugged on my Vita is a game-changer. Not getting anything done at work tonight. Just tapping away.

joe1138

Damn, just when I was about ready to invest in some new lenses for my DSLR, this happens. Vita's looking super tempting right now. All the same, even if I do end up biting the bullet, i'm going to wait for the hardware revision come May 6th.

I skipped the flash sale because I already own retail PS1 copies of most Crash/Spyro games and didn't think it was necessary to buy them purely for my PS3.

I'm devastated that I could have had them on my Vita for 99 cents each.

JoRo

I need to quickly appear the screen protector so I can start on this...
argh but I'm horrible at them ><

I'm using the Muramasa: Rebirth skin + screen protector that came with the collector's edition and it looks freakin sweet. I absolutely love it. I was nervous I was going to screw it up, but I somehow got it on there perfectly lined up with no bubbles or anything. I'd post a picture but don't feel like getting my phone right now. Anyway, best of luck for you! Maybe you'll get it on there no problems.

And to stay somewhat on topic, I really hope this whole thing is either A) an E3 announcement that slipped or B) something to do with PlayStation Now. Sony giveth and Sony taketh away, but hopefully this is just a giveth. ;)

CLEEK

It was the first result in Google images.

Here you go.

wii-classic-controller-20061118030321009.jpg

My point still stands though, The second set of shoulder buttons are in the same place.

Kolma

Here you go.

My point still stands though, The second set of shoulder buttons are in the same place.

I know how the CC looks I was just being observant.
Really not sure why sony didn't do it unless they didn't want backlash from copying Nintendo.
Not that the MadCatz Retrocon didn't do it first anyways... (seriously why isn't the Vita like THIS controller)

55573.jpg

koopas

Here you go.

Been using this a lot this week and I've never figured out what the skinny button in the middle is? (On the top)

DiscoJer

Is Gran Turismo PSP good?

Sell me on it, GAF!

No.

There's no championship mode. All you can do is race stock cars on tracks with parameters you select.

The cars you can buy is semi-random, depending on the day.

One of the problems with GT was that always some cars were simple better than others, which often meant that winning a race just meant picking the best car. But at least when you customize them you could take a bad car and make it decent. But this, a car is what its factory specs are.

Graphically it's okay, but there are fewer opponents. Somehow Sumo Digital managed to completely port the Toca series to the PSP, complete with 20 opponents (with Driver AI, no less) and damage, but Sony couldn't manage a decent port.

Been using this a lot this week and I've never figured out what the skinny button in the middle is? (On the top)

It's actually not a button. If you press it down, it opens up a hole in the back. I guess in order to clip the controller to something, I dunno really. I thought it was a button as well for a while.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm so late to this thread. I'm really happy Twisted Metal works. Like many of you, it was my first game on PSP. It's not perfect, but I love being able to play Twisted Metal on the go. I'm so downloading this.

Top Bottom