• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yes, I can confirm ad-hoc and online works. I play the Capcom games through ad-hoc with my nephew Vita-to-PSP all the time. I've also connected to online in various games as well.

Thanks! That's great to hear. Alpha3 might be ad-hoc only, but it definitely opens up possibilities for other titles.

Uraizen

Banned
I'd love confirmation. This would basically be the HD re-release of Alpha 3 that I've always wanted.

I.. didn't know? Why would any of that be obvious? The description lists an online tournament mode.

No online except for that adhoc thing on the Japanese PSN store. I tried it out once and it was unplayable online.

Need a thread to detail just the compilation sets. I want to maximize my money and space with as many compilation sets as possible.

At $10 each, the Capcom Collections are a pretty good bargain.

At $20, the SNK one is a little less of a bargain.

But I'm really tempted to get Gradius Collection for Gradius Gaiden alone. But $20, I dunno.

Shame the Taito collection seems to still be UMD-only.

Any good?

King of Fighters Orochi Saga
Gradius Collection
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Capcom Puzzle World
Metal Slug Anthology
Midway Arcade Treasures Extended Play
Samurai Showdown Collection
SNK Classics VOL 1
Sega Genesis Collection

At $10 each, the Capcom Collections are a pretty good bargain.

At $20, the SNK one is a little less of a bargain.

But I'm really tempted to get Gradius Collection for Gradius Gaiden alone. But $20, I dunno.

Shame the Taito collection seems to still be UMD-only.

Thanks.

Weren't some of these already possible if you own a PS3? I've had Gran Turismo on my Vita for years because I downloaded it on my PS3 and transferred it.

One thing that's been driving me crazy. As a relatively new Vita owner, are PS1 games slightly mis-scaled when displayed in Original mode? They don't seem to be running at a perfect 1x1 ratio.

It will cause me to lose my sanity.

Im sitting here like
g1371660094948864700.jpg

Any good?

Gradius Collection
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Puzzle World
Metal Slug Anthology
SNK Classics VOL 1
Sega Genesis Collection

I have played them all except for Midway Arcade and SNK Classics.

They are all very solid except for Samurai Shodown Collection. The ports have issues with slowdown and the newer games in the compilation have this really messed up looking squished look to the visuals. I would just skip that one. Metal Slug Anthology has some similar issues as well, but not as bad as SamSho. On the other hand, King of Fighters Orochi is coded by M2 and highly recommended!

CLEEK

I don't know what has been the best ever day as a Vita owner.

Today with this, or that time they released the firmware update that put AA on the bubbles.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Any good?

Gradius Collection
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Puzzle World
Metal Slug Anthology
SNK Classics VOL 1
Sega Genesis Collection

Thanks.

If you're asking if they're good.

MS Anthology
Sega Genesis Collection
SNK Classics
are good

Capcom collections are decent besides some slight emulation probs with SF games and maybe a couple others. Same with Midway collections where the MK games have emulation problems(they also locked mk3 to 30fps for some reason) but the other games seem to be alright.

Can't say the same for the other collections as I haven't played them.

Samurai Showdown Collection is butchered to hell and back. Shit port.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People say you can download demos, but they aren't in the store?

B.K. said:
It's about time. It's ridiculous that it wasn't like this on day one.

For real. Now fix the licensing issues for Phantasy Star Portable 1/2 and get Metal Gear AC!D 1/2 on the store, FFS.

I have played them all except for Midway Arcade and SNK Classics.

They are all very solid except for Samurai Shodown Collection. The ports have issues with slowdown and the newer games in the compilation have this really messed up looking squished look to the visuals. I would just skip that one. Metal Slug Anthology has some similar issues as well, but not as bad as SamSho. On the other hand, King of Fighters Orochi is coded by M2 and highly recommended!

Thanks.

Think I will go with the Capcom Collections, Sega and KOF: Orochi.

Might bite on that SNK Collection as well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thanks! That's great to hear. Alpha3 might be ad-hoc only, but it definitely opens up possibilities for other titles.

You can play Alpha 3 via Ad-Hoc Party (PS3 app), surely? Worst case is having to tunnel with Xlink Kai.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You can play Alpha 3 via Ad-Hoc Party (PS3 app), surely? Worst case is having to tunnel with Xlink Kai.

That's completely foreign to me. I never owned a PSP. Is it difficult to set up that workaround? Do I basically just download the Ad Hoc Party app and set up a connection through that?

Kumo

I'm not seeing the games in the store itself. Is it only for the ones on your download list? If that's the case, it might be a bug....

Oh damn, so if I picked up a Vita I could just download every single PSP game I have, since I had a PSP Go?

Hmm, but Vita is still region locked by memory card or something, right? Wasn't it like you have to reboot the system every time to change regions? Sounds like a pain in the ass. And, I'm pretty sure I'm done playing all of my PSP games. Oh well, nevermind.

It is an amazing handheld once you get past the fact that it has no retail future. I personally don't care as I prefer indies and older games anyhow. :)

Yeah, I feel like I'd get my money's worth with the games currently out on retail and psn. (I really need to play Ys Celceta) And weren't there more japanese games recently announced for NA release? Like the Tales of Hearts remake and Dangan ronpa 2.

fedexpeon

Banned
Geez, PSN on the Vita is getting eff up so bad right now.
I can't add anything to my queue after my 2nd downloads =/.
Those circle dots are starting to annoy me.

mstevens

I'm not seeing the games in the store itself. Is it only for the ones on your download list? If that's the case, it might be a bug....

That is kinda what I'm thinking too.. You'd think they would have said something or changed the labels on the store. Not to mention the unlikely odds that they've settled all licensing issues from various developers at the same time.

edit: Which means I'm downloading like crazy. Got all the Crash and Spyro so far. If I missed the PSP era, any other must haves just in case? Thinking about Phantasy Star Portable.

Any good?

Gradius Collection
Activision Hits Remixed
Capcom Puzzle World
Metal Slug Anthology
SNK Classics VOL 1
Sega Genesis Collection

Thanks.

Orochi Saga is fucking excellent. I had it on UMD before. I mean, KOF '98 is worth it alone

But is it on the store!?

EDIT:

Metal Slug Anthology
Capcom Collections
Sega Collections

All worth it, especially because UMD load times are virtually gone.

Possibility 1:
It's possible they realized they don't NEED to relicense everything and were just playing it safe.

Then they got the all clear from the their lawyer and went nuts.

Also, any visual glitches right now are due to the maintenance that'll be happening this week, and much like every maintenance, they'll be updating the store design ever so slightly. Right now they just enabled a ton of stuff to prep for the store update tomorrow.

Possibility 2:
Getting ready for the PS4 1.70 update and maintenance, someone fucked up hardcore and wiped the column in a MySQL database that listed which PSP titles were blocked on the Vita.

Top Bottom