• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Takao

Banned
http://us.playstation.com/games/metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-psp.html

If you go to the site above you will see it says that Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops works with both the PSP AND the PS VITA. Go look and see it says that info right next to the word Platform.

Platform:pSP®, PSVita

Don't believe that site's lies. It says almost every PSP game is Vita compatible. Even games that were never released on PSN: http://us.playstation.com/games/yu-gi-oh-gx-tag-force-psp.html

Don't believe that site's lies. It says almost every PSP game is Vita compatible. Even games that were never released on PSN: http://us.playstation.com/games/yu-gi-oh-gx-tag-force-psp.html

Any game that is downloadable on PS3 is transferable to Vita and should work

Heck even those who hacked the PSP emulator on the Vita can confirm that even UMD rips of games that never came to PSN work.

Aside from a few exceptions the PSP emulator on the VIta is universally compatible.

Its just licensing issues guys. Stuff that gets put on the back burner because PSP has been out of the picture for the most part

I really hope they are working on setting up the legacy library for an update to preserve all of these great games that so many missed out on

lutheran

Any game that is downloadable on PS3 is transferable to Vita and should work

Heck even those who hacked the PSP emulator on the Vita can confirm that even UMD rips of games that never came to PSN work.

Aside from a few exceptions the PSP emulator on the VIta is universally compatible.

Its just licensing issues guys. Stuff that gets put on the back burner because PSP has been out of the picture for the most part

I really hope they are working on setting up the legacy library for an update to preserve all of these great games that so many missed out on

So if I can download MGS:pO to my PS3 I will then be able to transfer it to my PS Vita? Are you sure about that?

RK128

I was close to re-buying it as I think it was only 6.99. Had the page opened and in my kart as well.

...Ape Escape On the Loose is downloadable on Vita already; its even in the Vita PSN Store. Its a great game that is well worth the 7 bucks :).

I know what Sony pulled really sucks, but lets not forget that there are still a large amount of PS1 and PSP games that can still be played on Vita. There are lists on Gaf and other sites that explain this better than I could :).

kick51

Banned
The moment of truth comes tomorrow? Who knows if they've snuck a blacklist in that update to block the "forbidden" games. Hoping for the best, though.

WeVhION.jpg

Garraboa

Today's date: April 30th 2014: the day Sony releases the PS Vita's 3.15 firmware update.

I have my "forbidden" games backed up on my PC and PS3 ; have my Vita in "Flight Mode"; modified my router's security to MAC address filtering and excluded my Vita ; got all the games I wanted from the Golden Week sale in preparation to isolate my Vita from the outside world.

Bring it on, Sony, I'm ready.

Sequence01-1.gif~original

Doesn't hurt to be prepared, does it? :p

Today's date: April 30th 2014: the day Sony releases the PS Vita's 3.15 firmware update.

I have my "forbidden" games backed up on my PC and PS3 ; have my Vita in "Flight Mode"; modified my router's security to MAC address filtering and excluded my Vita ; got all the games I wanted from the Golden Week sale in preparation to isolate my Vita from the outside world.

Bring it on, Sony, I'm ready.

Sequence01-1.gif~original

Doesn't hurt to be prepared, does it? :p

I updated. Both "forbidden" purchases I made survived.

Moofers

Fuck man. I just got my 64GB card and I could swear some games I had on the vita and deleted at one time now won't transfer at all from PS3.

Specifically trying:
Blood Omen Legacy of Kain
Crash Bandicoot
Bloody Roar
Brave Story New Traveler

It's like it can't even see these games on the PS3 and I am pretty sure a few of them used to be visible. I wonder what else has changed?

Can someone give me the idiots guide to backing these games up.

During the "glitch" I bought Def Jam NY, Sega Collection and Midway Collection.
I would like to delete them from my Vita.
I see people saying to back them up to the PS3..which I can do.
But when I check my Download List on the PS3 those 3 games are available to download.

If I d/l them directly to my PS3 via the account management will they work when I am ready to transfer them to my Vita?

Takao

Banned
Can someone give me the idiots guide to backing these games up.

During the "glitch" I bought Def Jam NY, Sega Collection and Midway Collection.
I would like to delete them from my Vita.
I see people saying to back them up to the PS3..which I can do.
But when I check my Download List on the PS3 those 3 games are available to download.

If I d/l them directly to my PS3 via the account management will they work when I am ready to transfer them to my Vita?

No. Plug your Vita into your PS3 via the USB cable and start Content Manager on Vita. It should be fairly straightforward from there.

pariah164

I managed to get Legend of Dragoon downloaded when it happened, so I'm good. I do wish, now, that I had gotten my Dissidia 012 costumes as well. Damn it, Sony. You're the worst.

I managed to get Legend of Dragoon downloaded when it happened, so I'm good. I do wish, now, that I had gotten my Dissidia 012 costumes as well. Damn it, Sony. You're the worst.

Hmm, i don't get it. Does Dissidia work on Vita, and only the DLC is blocked? Or nothing works at all?

By works, I mean Sony allows it to work of course.

I just turned on my US Vita to DL Dragon's Crown and my incomplete PSP2 download from the previous glitch completed and installed. Booted it up to make sure, and yep it's working. No idea if this is a short term glitch or if they are finally unlocking it for real.

baekshi

Banned
I just turned on my US Vita to DL Dragon's Crown and my incomplete PSP2 download from the previous glitch completed and installed. Booted it up to make sure, and yep it's working. No idea if this is a short term glitch or if they are finally unlocking it for real.

:/

Why would the things you already downloaded/downloading would be locked

Jomjom

Banned
Come on Sony you're already saving money not paying S-E to release TR day and date, spend that money on getting the licenses to allow these PSP games to be played on Vita!

Moofers

Well this thread bump got my hopes up for nothing. I even checked and none of the games I wanted to download are possible. Not Brave Story, not MotorstormArctic Edge, not silent hill, etc.

fernoca

Come on Sony you're already saving money not paying S-E to release TR day and date, spend that money on getting the licenses to allow these PSP games to be played on Vita!
Hahaha... XD

And yeah. The download started already is not like they removed the game from the servers.

Moofers

Sorry to bump this but today out of nowhere somebody retweeted my tweet to Wario 64 about this from way back when. I'm at work and can't check but has the switch been thrown again?

Moofers

Ok so the guy who RT'd me also RT'd some other person who was saying they saw Wario tweet about this. I don't see anything like that. I'm thinking they didn't check the date of the tweet and it's old. Who knows how they dug up these old tweets.

Top Bottom