• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like CoH2, A:Isolation, Game of Thrones will support the HTC Vive

Found this on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamVR/comments/34htkq/game_of_thrones_by_hbo_company_of_heroes_2_by/

http://imgur.com/a/vz4z4

Found these in this directory in the Steam folder: steamapps\common\OpenVR\tools\bin\content\vrworkbench\textures
There is also one called "Secret Shop by Valve", which might be related to Dota 2. (VR spectator mode maybe?)

Secret shop is the Dota mercs, right? So probably not spectating, but a VR store?

The majority of these have been demoed at GDC and MWC. And HBO was on the list of supporters/devs. And I do recall seeing murmur about Isolation on twitter recently, but was on phone.

VR in Company of Heroes 2? I would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting where they agreed this was a good game to implement such support.

VR in Company of Heroes 2? I would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting where they agreed this was a good game to implement such support.

It could be like a tabletop game, no? Like one of the Dota VR spectator modes which was talked about last year, or Quar VR, which is you witnessing a war between miniature people.

Dr Dogg

I don't know I think from a viewpoint perspective it could work really well with something like an RTS game, you know like a kid playing with their ickle soldiers. Where it might fall apart is in the controls.

Dolor

It could be like a tabletop game, no? Like one of the Dota VR spectator modes which was talked about last year, or Quar VR, which is you witnessing a war between miniature people.

I think Gabe said that "little people" in VR were very compelling for some reason. I will hold off judgment until I see it myself.

I know the Vive is the only headset I am interested in though.

bee

you can already achieve "miniaturization" in many games using 3D vision and the effect is excellent, being able to unlock the camera and look from above and around will certainly take it to a new level

Clawww

I think Gabe said that "little people" in VR were very compelling for some reason. I will hold off judgment until I see it myself.

I know the Vive is the only headset I am interested in though.

I wonder if it's like looking down at the street from high above. It's oddly engaging

Nzyme32

Well this will be interesting. I don't really understand how these could work at the "room-scale" level, but even as stationary sitting or standing experience, I can imagine them being really interesting, I just don't know how this would work out to play though.

Nymerio

I'm actually really interested in vr games from this perspective. It must be pretty cool looking at a kind of tabletop with little people running around. Something like diablo or dota would look amazing.

dogflaps

Banned
I completed the whole of Alien Isolation in the Rift and it was an incredible experience and my best gaming experience of 2014. I'm glad more people will be able to experience the game this way.

I'm really intrigued to see how VR works in non first person games. Something like having an aerial view in a Total War game battle would seem pretty cool but I don't know how you'd implement so much of the UI aspects in a VR strategy game like CoH.

Top Bottom