• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Cyberpunk is returning to the PS Store

Woggleman

At the end of the day everybody knows what they are getting at this point and PS4 and PS5 owners who want to play the game should have that option. They should have a warning like they do on XBox and call it a day. Worse games are up on PSN.

waquzy

What if the steak was fine but your waiter pissed in your beverage and then fucked your date in a bathroom stall?
I wouldn't mind him fucking the missus, but I would be fuming, if he had pissed in my drink, that's unexpectable!

NewYork214

I honestly didn't have a problem with it on my base ps4 when it came out. I only ran into some minor bugs. Did 2 playthroughs of story. Tried it on my ps5 when I got it in March and it ran perfectly. I can't wait for the ps5 native version. I didn't do any of the missions you pick up in the actual city and there is a bunch. I loved the game. Can't wait to do my deep dive on it.

Did have one bug that really pissed me off tho. Didn't affect gameplay at all but had a button prompt from one of the missions stuck on my screen for second half of the game. That did drive me crazy.

Hope people will give the game a shot. It was amazing.

assurdum

Banned
Sony: We don't allow trash into our store.
Also Sony (from today):

3WcLQNp.jpg
Oh wow. How dare to sell subpar product at 0,99? They are think we are all rich guys as Jim? Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I also got a refund after completing the game (same situation, took over a month to even get a response). I don’t feel bad about it though, it crashed literally every hour for the last 30 hours I played it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
  • A Sony PlayStation rep tells Axios that players should still expect to experience some issues with the game: "Users will continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition while CD Projekt Red continues to improve stability across all platforms. [PlayStation management] recommends playing the title on PS4 Pro or PS5 for the best experience.”

There was 0 chance that this game would run decently on the OG xbox or ps4 were talking about systems that struggled to hit 1080p 30 with its launch games GTA5 and RDR2 literally used a scalded down version of the GTA 4 engine since GTA 4 had trouble holding a decent frame rate on the 360 or ps3 most of it was do to the games phyics.

anyone expecting them to have completely reworked the game: that's not happened. the game has received loads of patches (https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes) and i'd say the game is where it should've been at launch at least in terms of having no major bugs or crashes. performance is probably as good as it's ever gonna get on PS4.

60% of developers are working on new content for the game and 40% on bug fixes. we'll soon likely hear about free DLC which should hopefully add a lot more content and maybe add some gameplay/QoL changes. a potential leak shows they could be called:

Body of Chrome - could be an appearence editor
Rides of the Dark Future - sounds like more cars
The Relic - possibly a mission
Neck Deep - possibly a mission
Night City Expansion - maybe a new map area or more accessible areas in the existing map
Ripperdocs Expansion - new body mods
Bodyshops Expansion - moddable cars?
Gangs of Night City - enhanced gangs and/or new missions

"next gen" update/release will likely happen in a few months. paid expansions look like they've been pushed in to 2022. could be 2 or 3 paid expansions

Outside of a few things you mentioned some of that stuff is already there with the crazy mod support this game already has

sobaka770

Banned
Wonder if we should expect a 1.3 patch around that time? CDProject have been very quiet for quite some time now regarding development of future updates.

Alebrije

Got of for 20 bucks few weeks ago, played on PS5, the game still has tons of bugs from people that desappears under the floor to parts of bodies that float on chairs.

But te most dissapointing stuff is that the ambient of the game never approach to the Cyberpunk of the trailers, the dialogs are on par with Fallout 4, the NPCs feel bland and even the city feel souless and this can not be fixed with any future patch.

For 20 bucks the game is fine...but better wait for the "next gen" patch if someday it comes.

Last edited:
I never did anything like that before. But it was deserved and it felt good. I don´t hate CDPR and they can all make it up again but let´s not normalize this scam attempt
You guys get scammed by ubisoft, activision and bethesda on the regular. And their games are worse actual games than cyberpunk, meaning they are meaningless mediocre uninspired recycled asset games. You should be more mad about that, cyberpunk still was a a more standout title than the majority of those that are out. At least cdpr tried and succeeded in many ways in trying to impress us and raise SOME sort of bar.

The bandwagon affect is real, name these amazing games you are playing that make cyberpunk 2077 a scam lol i must be missing out.

Because i dont remember being as remotely interested in anything else lol because it didnt look nearly as good.

Last edited:

base

Banned
Took No Man's Sky much, much longer than that to turn things around as I recall.
Did they lie about quality of the game? CDPR's CEO said that game was running fine on their PS4. How on Earth would you defend them for that?

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Did they lie about quality of the game? CDPR's CEO said that game was running fine on their PS4. How on Earth would you defend them for that?
Not defending CDPR here but Hello Games lied about a few things about No Mans Sky as well. I think it is a valid comparsion.

I'm glad that they're recommending that people should avoid it on PS4 due to the performance issues which will likely never improve.
Hopefully they've managed to wrangle a deal out of CDPR as they were desperate to get it back on the store so that it's discounted or something.

EDMIX

anyone expecting them to have completely reworked the game: that's not happened. the game has received loads of patches (https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes) and i'd say the game is where it should've been at launch at least in terms of having no major bugs or crashes. performance is probably as good as it's ever gonna get on PS4.

60% of developers are working on new content for the game and 40% on bug fixes. we'll soon likely hear about free DLC which should hopefully add a lot more content and maybe add some gameplay/QoL changes. a potential leak shows they could be called:

Body of Chrome - could be an appearence editor
Rides of the Dark Future - sounds like more cars
The Relic - possibly a mission
Neck Deep - possibly a mission
Night City Expansion - maybe a new map area or more accessible areas in the existing map
Ripperdocs Expansion - new body mods
Bodyshops Expansion - moddable cars?
Gangs of Night City - enhanced gangs and/or new missions

"next gen" update/release will likely happen in a few months. paid expansions look like they've been pushed in to 2022. could be 2 or 3 paid expansions

sooooooo finishing the game that should have been complete in 2020? Well now its clear that shit should have just been delayed for a few years, never mind a few months.

I'd say this game shouldn't even be at this state right now, if it released like this in December 2020, we are still going to ask where the fuck is the actual AI, how come cops can't drive cars etc

Kagero

I’ll dip back when they release the PS5 patch. The game is actually quite amazing when it works. I know I’m in the minority in this one but whatever.

Tschumi

Finally I can trade in my Japanese copy for a digital version wid sum tiddaaaays

(since i decided to do this i've thought about it a few times and i'm not entirely sure i'll do it, but i will in spirit)

Three

As I wrote above: I clicked on refund as soon as it was possible. Not my fault that it takes SONY over a month to process it. Nice try shaming me though :D
When I did that I was too scared to play the game in case they said you can't refund it because you've logged so and so hours on it already.

But te most dissapointing stuff is that the ambient of the game never approach to the Cyberpunk of the trailers, the dialogs are on par with Fallout 4, the NPCs feel bland and even the city feel souless and this can not be fixed with any future patch.
That's because CDProject used garbage American voice actors for Cyberpunk who either sound like valley girls or Chandler Bing-esque jizzbags cracking wise ad nauseam, whereas in Witcher 3 they used Shakespearean stage actors who were skilled enough to convey actual emotion and gravitas which meant that even random little side-quest characters sounded interesting and realistic. They should of just used the same UK production company from the last time as I'd put good money on those British actors outperforming the ones in Cyberpunk even if they had to switch over to an American accent.

ViolentP

I'm not defending them I'm only trying to be fair. Also, the NMS team lied as well. Point is, lies aside it's never too late to right the ship.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows how bad the PS versions still are unless someone with the latest patches want to tell GAF how stable the game is now vs. half a year ago.

Never the less, if Sony wants to pull the product due to them thinking its a shabby product, thats their call and a good call if it really is that bad (which all those videos of last gen 2077 show they are).

It's no different than Walmart pulling bad quality product if there's enough complaints and info out there of a shit product.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Who knows how bad the PS versions still are unless someone with the latest patches want to tell GAF how stable the game is now vs. half a year ago.

Never the less, if Sony wants to pull the product due to them thinking its a shabby product, thats their call and a good call if it really is that bad (which all those videos of last gen 2077 show they are).

It's no different than Walmart pulling bad quality product if there's enough complaints and info out there of a shit product.
Walmart actually have a refund policy. Also Walmart will remove very bad quality products from all companies not just from a large one. Also if (Life of Black Tiger) was a very bad quality cereal, Wallmart will remove it. Not just removing the new product of Nestle because Nestle told people to return their latest chocolate.

SkylineRKR

I think this goes both ways. CDPR doesn't show broken as hell console versions yet is taking in all those pre orders and is riding a lie. They get some cucks like Pearce massively overhyping the game, its all been a huge scam to begin with.

The only reason I didn't fall for it is because I never planned to buy this game for the old systems. And once it was shipped the flaws were apparent enough to avoid. I also never pre order, and we've got another good example why.

Top Bottom