• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Denuvo or Geforce Now is causing problems for Dying Light 2 players

nani17

are in a big trouble

Steam user

The DRM apparently only lets you launch the game 5 times a day. Each time you restar or turn your pc off and on, it counts as an instance. If you don't close your PC and launch the game, it counts as one, you can keep launching the game, and it won't count as part of the 5 until your PC restarts or turns off and on.
Nothing like getting locked out of the product i paid for because i restarted it on geforce now too many times while not having access to my own personal pc.
Here comes the problem with the DRM which is specific to Dying Light 2. The activation key becomes void after every computer restart so the user must go through the re-activation process again every time. This process also slows down your game boot times by a considerable amount. Combined with the fact that only 5 activations a day are possible, it shouldn't be too soon before we start seeing cases of players being locked out of the game.
More

Reviewer
A rather unpleasant surprise awaited me. With the patch, the developers added Denuvo and the game started to freeze. This was not in the review version, it worked fine.

Source

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Utter shit. Why lock shit down like this? Do they really think people will clone setups to bypass the DRM or something? If they can do something like that, let them fucking pirate. This game is supposedly buggy. I could see people thinking they needed to restart after a few crashes and then getting locked out.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
tom-cruise-laughing-gif.gif

Top Bottom