• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Doomfist will be added to Overwatch very soon, new teaser

benzopil

New post on official website

However, after recent events in Numbani, it can now be confirmed that what occurred was an attack by the Talon organization with the express purpose of freeing one man: Akande Ogundimu, better known as Doomfist.

That's exactly how they were teasing Orisa. Posted "news" on a website, added her to PTR one week later.

DatAhmedz

He's coming

giphy.gif

I-hate-u

It's about time.
Doomfist needs to have an ability that completely erases Winston, D.Va or Tracer cause this meta is trash.

kami_sama

You think so? I thought new chars have typically been 3 to 4 months?

Orisa was released the 21th of march, so around 4 months.
Sombra was in November, so around the same time.
And Ana was released on July last year, so also 4 months.

You're right, I think I was remembering the shitfest that was Sombra's ARG, so it felt a lot longer than between Orisa and now.

Shredderi

I've actually started to kind of drift away from Overwatch. I haven't really played for two weeks now. I actually made the bold choice to purchase Rainbow Six: Siege and I've played that instead. I guess I would go back to try a new character but I guess after a few hundred hours all the cancer (genji,tracer) just caught up to me mentally and it really wasn't this relaxing fun game to play anymore. Every game turned into a stressfull, haterage filled sessions of playing at 130% all the time. I used to have so much pure fun with it in the first 100h of playtime x'D I don't get rage when I die in Siege because it's so hard that I feel like I never even had a chance so I can't get mad.

I wonder if he punches people...Reaver style would be cool. Although, the OW team already said that an all melee character felt cheap (with the exception of Reinhardt, I guess). A guy named Doomfist wielding a gun feels weird though...

Kane1345

Honestly thought he would be saved till Blizzcon and Hammond would be the next character. Come on Stylosa!....also give me Terry Crews or we riot!

Neoxon

Honestly thought he would be saved till Blizzcon and Hammond would be the next character. Come on Stylosa!....also give me Terry Crews or we riot!
Doomfist's name was leaked in some source code along with the return of the Summer Games event, so we kinda expected him to be next. Also, the leak that said Orisa & the Year of the Rooster event also said that Doomfist was after her.

Kane1345

Doomfist's name was leaked in some source code along with the return of the Summer Games event, so we kinda expected him to be next. Also, the leak that said Orisa & the Year of the Rooster event also said that Doomfist was after her.

Yeah I knew about that stuff and that they updated it to delete reference to him but I was kinda thinking it was a swerve by the Overwatch team. Wouldn't put it past them XD

NotLiquid

He's coming

giphy.gif

I hope Blizzard realizes that if it isn't Terry Crews voicing him people will reject it instantly lol

So is this the Doomfist that Winston beat? We need the lore details ASAP.

The third generation one, based on the news article. Talon broke him out and then he went back to reclaim his weapon. That said considering the vague nature of the generational posters in Numbani (first generation was a hero, second was a villain, third is unspecified) I'm wondering if we're looking at another "anti-villain/neutral" character like Sombra. It would be fitting if they got Terry Crews since he usually plays characters that just march by the beat of their own drum.

But I guess the kicker of that though would be Talon would look like the biggest shmucks on the planet if that were the case and I'm not sure they want to do that after Sombra, lol.

Neoxon

Yeah I knew about that stuff and that they updated it to delete reference to him but I was kinda thinking it was a swerve by the Overwatch team. Wouldn't put it past them XD
True, but there was still the BliziLeaks post on 4chan that said Orisa (& everything about her design sans her finalized name), the Year of the Rooster event, & that Doomfist would be the character after Orisa.

Kane1345

True, but there was still the BliziLeaks post on 4chan that said Orisa (& everything about her design sans her finalized name), the Year of the Rooster event, & that Doomfist would be the character after Orisa.

Fair enough. I was just thinking that Doomfist would be the big character this year (especially if Terry is voicing him) so they would save it for their big event. Kinda like the sombra reveal last year after all that really long ARG.

Neoxon

Fair enough. I was just thinking that Doomfist would be the big character this year (especially if Terry is voicing him) so they would save it for their big event. Kinda like the sombra reveal last year after all that really long ARG.
If it weren't for the leaks, I'd agree with you.

If it isn't Terry Crews after how badly he wanted to do it, this will be some horse shit.

Really looking forward to see what they do with him

Top Bottom