• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Nintendo changed some outfits for Lin in Xenoblade X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phazon

Lin Lee is one of the youngest characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X (13 in JP version, 13 in US version (not 15 as previously reported)).

There are some very sexy costumes and outfits in XCX, so people were a bit worried Nintendo would censor everything.

While Lin is getting some different looking costumes, other characters are apparently not affected by this. This still needs official confirmation of course, but Nintendo has been showing the localized version a lot at EU game events lately.

First image is the localized outfit, second picture the original (only the top, pants are just the default ones):
csj4mawwsaawzox5yqm2.jpg
csj4mazwuaau31ajor68.jpg

Source:
https://twitter.com/_teikage/status/660050698080514052
https://twitter.com/_teikage/status/660051660039979009

Personally, I'm okay with these changes and they are a lot more tasteful for someone with her age.

Mat-triX

"The clothing for this underage character is disgusting"
*Nintendo changes clothing for underage character*
"...How DARE you Nintendo?!"

cheesekao

Her head on the left side is freaking huge.

Btw, I think I heard someone say that the outfit is wearable by all females or something or something. Does that mean they specifically changed it when potato girl wears it?

Yui

So why are her body proportions completely messed up in the left picture?
Giant head, stumpy legs, long upper body and arms.

Don't really care for the outfit, but pls don't tell me that's part of the censoring...

Bl@de

Why are the legs shorter? Or am I the only one seeing different proportions in the left one?
Censoring is stupid but the original costume is trash so I'm fine with it

Escalario

Banned
Fucking NoA. This is what happens when they handle localizations. Can we go back to NA not getting franchises llike Fatal Frame or Xenoblade, so NoE can be the one localizing them considering they don't bother with this censoring horseshit?

Eolz

Personnally I'm alright with it as long as they truly didn't censor the other characters. When they're adults/17+ (hey fatal frame!), there's no reason to do that. Especially when they make characters older in the western version to begin with.

"The clothing for this underage character is disgusting"
*Nintendo changes clothing for underage character*
"...How DARE you Nintendo?!"

Nice strawman

Nightbird

Sure it's a modified version especially for her? Because as far as I know it was a universal piece of gear right?

If it is then good. One thing less that will plague the Threads

Luigiv

I don't know that I entirely like the new outfits (they seem a little over designed for what they're replacing) but I can't say I disapprove of them ditching the bikinis.

Sheesh, I'd consider that black one too racy if it were for an adult character, let alone a 13 year old. What the hell were you thinking Monolith, Nintendo?

I think the one on the right is messed up, her legs are 80% of her body. She's supposed to be a little kid.
Isn't she supposed to be 15 in the US version? If so, shouldn't it be the other way around?

Also even if she's supposed to be smaller, they just chopped off her legs without adjusting her other proportions, she looks like a monkey with those stubby legs and long arms.

Yui

I think the one on the right is messed up, her legs are 80% of her body. She's supposed to be a little kid.

Well okay, but her head, upper body and arms need to be changed too. They are way too big/long for her new leg size. Kids don't look like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom