• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Spotify for Xbox is gonna go live today

Thank god Groove music is a piece of shit.

It's not *nearly* as bad as some of the other failed music streaming services out there, including Sony's previous botched attempt.

In fact, Groove is pretty good--it just needs some UI tweaks and updates, and it would be on par with other services (like the one this thread was originally about).

DigSCCP

Enjoy Xbox users.
Imo is the best app of this gen.
I cant imagine going back to MP games, sports and racing without it.

Thank god Groove music is a piece of shit.

It's great in Forza Horizon 3 though, you can just upload music to OneDrive and listen your own music for free without advertisement. Plus the the game will automatically adjust the volume during narration in game. Oh and simulating music coming from festivals is a super nice touch. I wish FH3 could adopt Spotify into the game soon.

Brofield

Ugh, I'm seriously considering cancelling my spotify and subscribe to Google Music instead for the other aspects of my life beyond gaming, but if Spotify is no longer exclusive with Sony and is eventually coming to other consoles then I might want to hold on to it.

FlipCup

Neo Member
I have not used any of the music apps (Groove, Spotify) on either the PS4 or XB1 yet. How does this work when playing games to where you need to hear the narritave or anything else? Can you hear both or does the music app turn down.

Nheco

Literally my exact thoughts. Just bought an Echo, too, which has great Spotify support.

Yeah, google play is great, but: it only works on google stuff, and listen to your musics on pc trough your browser is not so good as a standalone application.

I'll just test the free version a little to be sure about it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Awesome. I love any Spotify integration. Works so good across almost anything and even little things like Waze implementation ate welcome.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Damn every time this thread is bumped I check to see if it is available to download. I hopping it is not the same app as ps4.
I can finally play my Xbox games with Money Man, and MoneyBagg Yo, like they were ment to be.

Alx

I don't subscribe to any music service, but have been using Groove Music since it can read from my library one OneDrive. Does Spotify do that too ?
Also I'd be ready to switch to whichever platform has good voice command support.

Izuna

Banned
I don't subscribe to any music service, but have been using Groove Music since it can read from my library one OneDrive. Does Spotify do that too ?
Also I'd be ready to switch to whichever platform has good voice command support.

Sadly no. That's why I have both

GHG

Forza Horizon 3 will be excellent with Spotify.

Now get Apple Music on there and it will be even better.

kmax

An extremely important move by MS. Sony were doing rounds on them with that exclusive partnership. As a PlayStation owner, I welcome this move and I'm happy for my Xbox friends. Great day for gaming.

Top Bottom