• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Tecmo!

duckroll

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080617/tecmo.htm

The two top executives in charge of the labor union within Tecmo is suing a joint suit for unpaid wages. The suit was fighted in the Tokyo District Court yesterday, and claims that Tecmo has falsified documents and accounting procedures in regards to employment statuses, overtime pay and various lapses in employment standards when filing documents for labor inspections.

The lawsuit represents the entire company's 300 employees' grievences as a whole, and there might be a 2nd or 3rd wave of lawsuits in regards to the overall employment issue. Looks like the shit has hit the fan, Itagaki haters am cry. Tecmo is finished.

Holy fuck.

I wanted Itagaki to win in some form legally after this whole thing, but I never wished for the fucking death of Tecmo if this is in fact that.

I mean say what you want about Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive, but both universes still have potential imo.

Its truly sad.

Rorschach

Damn. That's some underhanded shit. How could they think they would get away with that?

Dark FaZe said:
Holy fuck.

I wanted Itagaki to win in some form legally after this whole thing, but I never wished for the fucking death of Tecmo if this is in fact that.

I mean say what you want about Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive, but both universes still have potential imo.

Its truly sad.
Maybe he could buy back the IPs now. :p

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The Faceless Master said:
:lol :lol :lol

wow, total meltdown!

so does this mean itagaki wins?

Itagaki stands over the dead corpse of Tecmo weilding his katana and utters "Did you rike it?!"

Sorry, I got nothin'.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So is Tecmo Dead or Alive?

duckroll

Dark FaZe said:
Holy fuck.

Its truly sad.

I don't think anyone "wants" Tecmo the game developer to go under, but if all these allegations are true (and come on, this isn't just Itagaki anymore, there's no smoke without a fire) then the entire company was run by assholes and needs a restructure.

krzyspc

Banned
I really doubt Tecmo would go under, I mean wasn't Itagaki owed like 1.2 million? Just doesn't seem like much, but then again I don't see any figures regarding the new allegations.

PJX

So those that were claiming Itagaki was a whining bitch must be eating some serious crow right?

Edit: I wonder if Itagaki will swoop in and pick up the NG and DOA IP if they are on the brink.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
sp0rsk said:
Itagaki stands over the dead corpse of Tecmo weilding his katana and utters "Did you rike it?!"

Sorry, I got nothin'.

ain't that the truth...

Man they could have at least waited for Temco Bowl DS to come (;_;)

AAK

......So all of the profits made my NGII + equity of the company will in the end be distributed to all of these employees that are suing?

Oh well, glad the developers finally left and started working at a more rewarding environment. I wonder how long this stuff has been going on?

Deepblue

Banned
itagaki.jpg

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
DeceitDecide said:
All I know is, we had better still get Tecmo Bowl in September.
That's what I'm saying. I couldn't care less about the rest, but I better get my Tecmo Bowl.

Yeah, looks like a domino effect in progress. Hopefully Nintendo will bail the company out (Since it seems that they have some interest in working with them and Nintendo need some decent 3rd Party exclusives!)

So, where does everyone predict the assets will go to?

Barring the idea that Itagaki will buy all his stuff back.

I'm betting that MS will hit up Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive.

The most major franchises I can think of that would be worth grabbing for companies are Tecmo Bowl, Super Swing Golf, Rygar, Monster Hunter, and Fatal Frame.

batbeg

A Link to the Snitch said:
So, where does everyone predict the assets will go to?

Barring the idea that Itagaki will buy all his stuff back.

I'm betting that MS will hit up Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive.

The most major franchises I can think of that would be worth grabbing for companies are Tecmo Bowl, Super Swing Golf, Rygar, Monster Hunter, and Fatal Frame.

Monster Rancher you mean? Man, I wish they'd make a good Monster Rancher again :( Franchise has sucked for years.

Also, do they own SSG? I thought a Korean company owned that.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
i guess fatal frame 4 on the Wii is the last fatal frame. i was hoping for a fatal frame on the 360 or ps3. i guess i can say goodbye to DOA5 and NG3.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
fanboi said:
Taking bets who is buying the NG IP.

Anyone?
£10 on MS with Team Ninja suddenly coming to life again as an MGS studio, this suit just shows it wasn't just Itagaki being screwed.

Down with Tecmo...as soon as Tecmo Bowl DS comes out.

Top Bottom