• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles' Mayor Yoga Pants Bans 4th of July Gatherings But Encourages Protests

ManaByte

Jun 10, 2004
Southern California
mcucosmic.com

“Gatherings of people you do not live with are not allowed,” he said.
Garcetti said he did not see hard evidence yet that recent protests contributed to these spikes. Asked about protests planned for the coming weekend and whether the city would intervene out of concern for new infections, the mayor responded, “Keep your social distance and wear masks. People can — and should — still exercise their first amendment rights.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Jul 1, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Yeah, I was expecting mayors and governors to ban fireworks displays this week and even putting out evening curfews again.

Fuck them, I've got my hoard of artillery already.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
So after weeks of fire works now their banned? Lol OK Boomer.

So whats gonna happen the cops are gonna arrest people? The same cops that you demonize and are slashing budgets.

I think an autonomous tent city zone might be appropriate at his home.

samporter

May 29, 2020
It's funny when you think about it.

Almost all the democrats leaders let these BLM protests go unchallenged while telling business owners they can't open. On a very fundamental level, they are essentially treating BLM protesters as belligerent children who need to finish their temper tandrum, while treating business owners as responsible adults who need to do the right thing. It's like two different set of standards, one for children and one for adults. It's the ultimate insult to the BLM protesters and a true look into the inner thought process of democrat leaders.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Basically. Just say you're protesting George Floyd's death and pull out your phone and threaten to cancel them if they push.
I went to a BBQ before the restrictions on the amount of people gathering were lifted in my area and I brought a piece of cardboard with BLM written in marker in case anyone tried to fine us. I was all ready to film it.

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee