• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 05.14: "The Variable" (LOST x 100 / X > Everything Ever; Solve For X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Well finally some damn, lost tonight, had a shitty day so far, I just reeeeealllyy hope OBAMUA doesn't fuck up the only thing I look forward to on Wednesday, some times the whole week!

Link

The Autumn Wind
So wait, tonight's central character is fairly obvious, and next week's is supposedly
Richard
. (Thanks everyone for being super-obvious about that.) Does this mean the finale is going to be
Hurley
-centric? We still haven't been told how
he ended up on the plane

Solo said:
It IS shorter than S4.
No it isn't.

gdt

Link said:
So wait, tonight's central character is fairly obvious, and next week's is supposedly
Richard
. (Thanks everyone for being super-obvious about that.) Does this mean the finale is going to be
Hurley
he ended up on the plane

I think that'll be saved for next season.

neoism

Lakitu said:
Season 3 is incredible to me, and a very close second to Season 1. I even loved the first 6 episodes.

The biggest dissapointment for me this season has been the lack of Desmond.
Agree 1000%, not many loved the first ep's on S3 but I did, I think BB's a fan too! Season 1 is the best still, it focusing on the characters more than anything is (a) reason why, really can't wait to rewatch it this summer!

Ceres

Banned
Oh god. I just realized I'm going to be in NYC for two days so won't be able to watch next weeks episode until Thursday night. :((((((((((((((((((((((((

gdt

Link said:
Seems like an odd thing to hold back, considering everyone else was covered this season.

I just think that they couldn't fit it in, not that they're holding it back.

Blader

Link said:
Richard
Hurley
he ended up on the plane

I don't know (I don't read spoilers though so I wouldn't really know anyway), but I do remember reading an interview with Jorge Garcia where he said he wasn't allowed to talk about the guitar case.

neoism

Blader5489 said:
Shit, I just realized, tonight will be the first episode I get to see in HD! :D
WoW man, that's awesome, this show looks fucking amazing in HD, I luckily go ABC in HD for the 3rd episode! Watching them on blu-ray is the only way though:D

gdt

neoism said:
Agree 1000%, not many loved the first ep's on S3 but I did, I think BB's a fan too! Season 1 is the best still, it focusing on the characters more than anything is (a) reason why, really can't wait to rewatch it this summer!

I love A Tale Of Two Cities. One of my favorite episodes. I wrote a fairly detailed writeup about it a couple of weeks ago in one of these threads. Let me find it...

neoism

gdt5016 said:
I think that'll be saved for next season.
I think that too, I like him but he's not that important to have a centric ep in the finale, but you never know! Maybe they will just get it out of the way, but more than likely it had to the with
Charlie
, it's not something I'm really worried about either way so it can wait for next season. The main 5 are usually the centric on the finale anyway! Kate,Jack,Locke,Ben and Sawyer!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Blader5489 said:
I don't know (I don't read spoilers though so I wouldn't really know anyway), but I do remember reading an interview with Jorge Garcia where he said he wasn't allowed to talk about the guitar case.
1120330742_1887735859_Bio-Biography-Cheech-Marin-LF4.jpg

What's in the guitar case?

gdt

Just finished watching the Season 3 premiere "A Tale Of Twin Cities" and am amazed this episode isn't mentioned as LOST' best more often.

Man, what Jack is going through in his flashback is so heartbreaking. We've all been through it. He knows that it's his fault the relationship fell apart and wants desperately to fix it and go back to happier times. And she doesn't want anything to do with him. He is literally falling apart in a way we've never seen before. He needs to know why someone who promised to spend the rest of their life with him doesn't love him anymore. And what the other man has that he doesn't. When she tells him on the street "It's not who he is, it's who you're not" my eyes get teary.

Man we've all been through that.

At the end when he asks Juliet his question it's very obvious what he's thinking, but decides to inquire about her happiness instead. More tears.

One of my favorite episodes. It's no secret my favorite character is Jack, and this is one of his best episodes.

Sorry for the long review, I just was riveted by watching this episode.

Oh and course the on-island stuff is awesome as well.

paddow!

Edit: Here's another post about the episode. This was in response to Solo asking me how I related to Jack in the episode.
Not the stalking part.

More like knowing it's your fault the relationship fell apart and trying desparately to fix it. Wondering all day whats she's doing, who's she with, what shes thinking, etc. And when you talk to her, you see in her eyes that she doesn't want to fix it, she doesn't want you, she doesn't love you anymore, and you cant get that through your head that someone who wanted to marry you is ok with being your "friend."

Or something.

neoism

gdt5016 said:
I love A Tale Of Two Cities. One of my favorite episodes. I wrote a fairly detailed writeup about it a couple of weeks ago in one of these threads. Let me find it...
Yeah, forgot about you gdt :(..... :) I loved the episode too! I really had no reason to be mad about the first 6 episodes anyway, I had watched them without knowing the past of the characters. It was totally different watching after watching S1 and S2 in 3 weeks.:D Hell, Evangeline Lilly's hotness kept me glued anyway!:lol :lol I guess I loved it so much because it was the first time I saw the characters and not knowing the past was the reason I got soo interest, after that I was a fan fo life!

neoism

gdt5016 said:
paddow!

Edit: Here's another post about the episode. This was in response to Solo asking me how I related to Jack in the episode.
Man, that must be one of the shittiest feelings in the world. For a person to stop loving you like that! Sarah was a bitch!

What is the name of that song that maps up with "holy fuckingshit, hoooly fucking shit"? That epic action-y song from the soundtrack...

gdt

Gaborn said:
Because of his avatar according to him.

Ehh, doesn't seem all that out there (the avatar I mean). I mean, Chuck (the show the avatar is from) is a network show that airs at 8 p.m.

I cant think it's because of the avatar.

Do you watch LOST? Or just read the thread :D ?

Blader5489 said:

I haven't been keeping up with Lost theories and all that so it's probably been discussed but....

guitar case for Charlie? They had to recreate it as best they could even though Hurley wasn't there for that conversation.

Gaborn

gdt5016 said:
Ehh, doesn't seem all that out there (the avatar I mean). I mean, Chuck (the show the avatar is from) is a network show that airs at 8 p.m.

I cant think it's because of the avatar.
You have been banned for the following reason:
overtly sexual avatar

That's what he showed me.

Do you watch LOST? Or just read the thread :D ?

I don't watch LOST, posted here because Costanza asked me to.

TheExodu5

Banned
Gaborn said:
Because of his avatar according to him.

The ban makes no sense. It's a PG rated show for one. Second, the mod should have the decency to warn beforehand...that's not clearly against any TOS of the boards.

W/e, really short ban for him, but still.

now watch me get banned for this.

TheExodu5

Banned
Buckethead said:
Is he banned for good? I liked that fella, he looked after my chickens.

Naw he's just gone til Saturday. Hopefully he doesn't get stuck with a no-avatar change.

Calcaneus said:
Why isn't the avatar removed then?

I see no reason to not believe him. Nothing in his post history is even questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom