• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 3x21 - Greatest Hits - 5/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasting

Banned
Previously on Lost: Ben unwillingly divulges information to Locke about the island, taking him on a journey to various locations including strange monuments and the mysterious Jacob. Back at the beach, Juliet's secret is revealed. Flashbacks will show us the origins of DHARMA and the history of the island, including 'the purge'.

LOST SEASON 3 EPISODE 21 - GREATEST HITS - 10PM/EST ABC - 5/16

Summary:
While Jack devises a plan to do away with “The Others” once and for all, Sayid uncovers a flaw in “The Others’” system that could lead to everyone’s rescue. But it requires Charlie to take on a dangerous task that may make Desmond’s premonition come true.
Flashback:
Charlie

Trailers/Previews:

US Trailer 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xv0b_lost-3x21-greatest-hits-promo

Preview 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ygpj_opr14bwy
Preview 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfP1uU_BffI

Offical ABC Podcast: http://ll.media.abc.com/podcast/audio/abc/Lostpodcast_20070511.mp3
Notes:
1) Next week's podcast will be the last of the season and will pre-hash the season finale. (No podcast following the finale).
(2) Future format of show explained - again.
(3) JACOB's appearance "purposely created a TIVO moment."
What you see is open to interpretation.
"It's premature to discuss JACOB in detail as it will spoil upcoming episodes.
Jacob is more of a question for Season 4 than he is for Season 3."
Rest of this season focuses on established characters instead.
(4) Flashback confirms Ben lied about his past, coming as a recruited member of DHARMA.
The Others purged DHARMA & incorporated some of its members into The Others.
Carlton paraphrasing Ben: "Me and a few others were smart enough to not get purged."
(5) Is Locke dead?
CUSE bets NO, LINDELOF bets YES.
(6) LINDELOF: "Why did Ben shoot Locke, Carlton?"
CUSE: "Ben took Locke out to see JACOB as sort of a litmus test. He wanted to find out if in fact John Locke really was special, and if John Locke really could see or hear JACOB, that would indicate that Locke really WAS special. So when Locke DID hear JACOB, that really got...that freaked Ben out. That was a threat to Ben and his primacy. So he led him over to the pit and he shot him, 'cause he doesn't want his leadership of the Others challenged by John Locke.
(7) Show Seasons are designed around major story concepts. Season 3 was all about the Others, etc.
CUSE: "When you watch the finale, you'll get a pretty good idea of what Season 4 is gonna be about."
(8) JACOB is NOT an alien, as parallels to Walt's comic book might suggest.
(9) We will see more of The Purge.
What we saw was "only a taste of things to come."
Marvin Candle and others will be revisited.
(10) The powdery substance surrounding JACOB's cabin, and seen in his chair, may be volcanic ash.
In combination with other substances, this powder is probably confining JACOB.
(11) Did Ben kill Annie in The Purge too?
Annie will be revisited in a future "chapter" of the show.
(12) We will see the DHARMA shark again. It has a name: "JIM" (or "EZRA JAMES SHARKINGTON" in jest).
Hydra Station was used to study marine creatures. The shark's markings will be explained.

Chrono

Banned
YES.

Life sucks for me so, so bad right now. This will make everything right. Lost. And steak. And ice cream.

Jeff-DSA

I'll be on a plane while the episode is airing tonight. It kills me to have to wait.

Lost, especially in the past couple of months, is EASILY the best show on network TV right now. Nothing even comes close.

Jeff-DSA said:
I'll be on a plane while the episode is airing tonight. It kills me to have to wait.

Lost, especially in the past couple of months, is EASILY the best show on network TV right now. Nothing even comes close.

If the plane starts to shake....

Jeff-DSA said:

on a plane....? uh oh.... good luck brotha.

Olivier

Since spoilers for tonight AND for the finale are out I think I'm going to avoid this thread and next week's. I'm sure some **** will go "snape kills dumbledore" on us.

Could anybody tell me when Lost will start tonight? Please just say how many hours and minutes it is till it starts (5 hours, 20 minutes for example), it's a pain in the ass with all the different times in the US + summer and winter time etc.

Mission

Jeff-DSA said:

Sorry... I love LOST but Heroes is still winning right now. I have to say that this spring season has certainly brought Lost back up there. Even if Lost were to retake that, "Nothing even comes close" would be far off the truth.

Jeff-DSA

Mission said:
Sorry... I love LOST but Heroes is still winning right now. I have to say that this spring season has certainly brought Lost back up there. Even if Lost were to retake that, "Nothing even comes close" would be far off the truth.

I'm big into Heroes right now as well, but Lost has so many more levels to it. You can theorize and debate possibilities so much better with Lost. Not to take anything away from Heroes, but Lost is just a much deeper experience overall.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jeff-DSA said:
I'm big into Heroes right now as well, but Lost has so many more levels to it. You can theorize and debate possibilities so much better with Lost. Not to take anything away from Heroes, but Lost is just a much deeper experience overall.

Lost isn't rehashing old comic storylines either.

I still can't wait for the finale to see what is going to leave us on the edges of our seats over the summer. Both finales for season 1 + 2 were so awesome.

Mission

The possibility for us as fans to (over)theorize and (over)speculate about the (super)natural things which happen on the island doesn't necessarily make it any better. I love to do it as much as the next guy, but its the execution that makes it fun to watch.

I'm not going to speak to the cut at Heroes because I don't want to interrupt this thread, other than to say that as many people appreciate the homages as do those who consider it as rehashing other people's ideas.

Jeff-DSA

Mission said:
The possibility for us as fans to (over)theorize and (over)speculate about the (super)natural things which happen on the island doesn't necessarily make it any better. I love to do it as much as the next guy, but its the execution that makes it fun to watch.

I'm not going to speak to the cut at Heroes because I don't want to interrupt this thread, other than to say that as many people appreciate the homages as do those who consider it as rehashing other people's ideas.

Word. I can see what you're saying.

Either way, there are some excellent things on TV right now, and Lost has the spotlight tonight. :D

Shorty

Banned
evil solrac v3.0 said:
on a plane....? uh oh.... good luck brotha.
aye
desmond-alcohol.jpg

Edit: I wonder if charlie will die tonight...

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Frankfurter said:
Could anybody tell me when Lost will start tonight? Please just say how many hours and minutes it is till it starts (5 hours, 20 minutes for example), it's a pain in the ass with all the different times in the US + summer and winter time etc.

7 hours 6 minutes

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Jeff-DSA said:

Agreed X 3.
Heroes is fantastic, but not only does it lack the depth and complexity, it isn't written as well and frankly, sometimes, often juvenille in the way its presented. Though, I must say, the last 5-6 episodes of Heroes are far better than the first batch. Though, I've only thought 1 or 2 were really Lost-calibur.

But then again, I truly appreciate the art of making shit up as you go along so take that for what it's worth ::shrug::

duckroll

Ford Prefect said:
Concerning Annie, remember the "random" guy on the bench whose eyes Ben closed after the Purge?

DUN DUN DUN

Random guy? That was Horus, the guy driving the car when Ben's mother died. He's the same guy that brought Ben and his father on the island.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
duckroll said:
Random guy? That was Horus, the guy driving the car when Ben's mother died. He's the same guy that brought Ben and his father on the island.
Really? Well that's no fun.

Bloody goatee must've thrown me off...

Oh, and I thought his name was "Oris" :lol Oris Goodspeed :lol

Aeon712

Forceatowulf said:
Hopefully Charlie dies today. Or Claire... or both. Which ever. I just hope one of them goes.
That's where your comment should've ended, Claires too pretty to die:).

Fifty

Olivier said:
Since spoilers for tonight AND for the finale are out I think I'm going to avoid this thread and next week's. I'm sure some **** will go "snape kills dumbledore" on us.

Same here. I love the Lost threads on GAF, but I've got to avoid the thread to guarantee that the finale isn't spoiled for me. People who seek out spoilers this late in the season are crazy. Hopefully tonight's episode is great..I'll be posting again after the finale.

GilloD

Banned
Did you guys see those balls-out nutso spoilers that are floating around? If they're true, it could be the boldest, and dumbest, move ever undertaken by a hit TV show. This show still plays way better on DVD (I suspect it'll go down in history as the moment TV started recording for DVD, much the way DVD changed film making), but it's great to watch it unfold.

Fifty

This episode has been really good so far. I'm actually enjoying Charlie flashbacks. I can't imagine how much it would suck to have read spoilers and know what's going to happen next week.

Oh yeah, I said I wouldn't post in this thread anymore. I'm bad

GilloD said:
Did you guys see those balls-out nutso spoilers that are floating around? If they're true, it could be the boldest, and dumbest, move ever undertaken by a hit TV show. This show still plays way better on DVD (I suspect it'll go down in history as the moment TV started recording for DVD, much the way DVD changed film making), but it's great to watch it unfold.

Just bold. There's nothing dumb about it. It's pure high tone bonerization.

GilloD

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Just bold. There's nothing dumb about it. It's pure high tone bonerization.

Are we talking about the
one where the show takes place in the future, with Jack and Kate going back to the island?

GilloD said:
Are we talking about the
one where the show takes place in the future, with Jack and Kate going back to the island?

I can't believe I just read that. :(

Oh, Charlie Pace episode was awsome BTW. You know the show is on a roll when one of his episodes does well.

CSSer

I guess the spoilers I read in that spoiler topic are true...

CTV is actually showing the preview this week too.

Suprised no one posted this... minor spoiler:
Rose and Bernard finally make an appearance
. Good ep anyways.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
GilloD said:
Are we talking about the

I like that too, but what do I know.

For the love of God, do not highlight that unless you read the spoiler thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom