• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 3x21 - Greatest Hits - 5/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck1337

I don't know what people are complaining about. I thought the episode was great, but I'm a sentimental bastard. Not particularly happy to see Bernard & Rose though.

Why the hell did I read those spoilers last week? The spoilers about this episode were right on the money, which leads me to believe the ones from the same source about the finale will be spot-on, as well.

Normally I like reading Lost "spoilers" because they're so batshit insanely wrong 99% of the time. These appear to be the real deal. So, if you want to preserve any element of surprise for yourselves regarding the finale, please don't read the spoilers posted here last week.

Eel O'Brian said:
Why the hell did I read those spoilers last week? The spoilers about this episode were right on the money, which leads me to believe the ones from the same source about the finale will be spot-on, as well.

Normally I like reading Lost "spoilers" because they're so batshit insanely wrong 99% of the time. These appear to be the real deal. So, if you want to preserve any element of surprise for yourselves regarding the finale, please don't read the spoilers posted here last week.
thank ****ing christ i skipped them

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Ain't no way Dharma people have been chilling down there for so long, especially if they're blocking distress signals...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
MaestroRyan said:
what's the big deal? they reveal 3 deaths, and one doesn't even make sense anymore. i don't see what you could be talking about.

Wow, so three people die next week? Thanks for posting that.

Darko

Iamthegamer said:
Ain't no way Dharma people have been chilling down there for so long, especially if they're blocking distress signals...

nah ben would *taken care* of them by now

Iamthegamer said:
yeah, but dharma was just as secretive about the island from what i can tell. and that might be the reason ben told everyone not to go near it. he said there was an accident there, maybe it's just a reason to keep his own people away so they don't find out about the dharma people that survived. i dunno. what else makes sense at this point?

glistenm

Banned
The charlie/aaron moment was retarded.

"I've only seen you for 90 days, but I love you!"

Pretty good episode though. The chicks underwater are dressed just like Russo.

Oh and pulling that cable would have been impossible btw.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
AlanHemberger said:
yeah, but dharma was just as secretive about the island from what i can tell. and that might be the reason ben told everyone not to go near it. he said there was an accident there, maybe it's just a reason to keep his own people away so they don't find out about the dharma people that survived. i dunno. what else makes sense at this point?
Oh ****... I just though of something,
one of the women down there is the girl that liked Ben.

So it'd make sense for Ben just to let them be.

fallengorn said:
Oh ****... I just though of something,
one of the women down there is the girl that liked Ben.

So it'd make sense for Ben just to let them be.
nah, i say there's a backstory that ben and her tried to have a child together and she died in childbirth. hence why ben is so bent on that research

SpeedingUptoStop

MaestroRyan said:
no, more than three. hasn't it been established that there are five major deaths? a few of them have already happened. it's really all up in the air. the producers even discussed it.

but i just went on the lost spoilers blog, and shit. some guy DID post 100% correct spoilers for this ep, and then i started reading the finale! I managed to pry my eyes away before things got too bad.
bad as in really ****ing awesome, right?

And man, Ben went from being all mysterious and shit to being a huge power hungry cock reeeal quick.

pxleyes

Banned
AlanHemberger said:
nah, i say there's a backstory that ben and her tried to have a child together and she died in childbirth. hence why ben is so bent on that research

Ben, getting laid? :lol Though this is lost...

SpeedingUptoStop

pxleyes said:
Ben, getting laid? :lol Though this is lost...
hey man, even as a little boy he knew he was gonna be on the island for a while. He was scoping that ass out from the beginning. ;]

MaestroRyan said:
but i just went on the lost spoilers blog, and shit. some guy DID post 100% correct spoilers for this ep, and then i started reading the finale! I managed to pry my eyes away before things got too bad.

That's what I was talking about. Someone posted the spoilers from that blog here last week.

MaestroRyan said:
guys it's not ****ing dharma

not spoiling anything, i'm just using common sense. it's not ****ing dharma. dharma died. those are others that knew what the **** was going on.

Yeah, Juliet told us that Ben was using that station to jam outgoing signals. So we know they aren't Dharma. I don't know why people think otherwise.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
MaestroRyan said:
no, more than three. hasn't it been established that there are five major deaths? a few of them have already happened. it's really all up in the air. the producers even discussed it.
No, it hasn't been established. I had no clue about that until I read your post. Thanks...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The women in the Looking Glass probably ran away from Ben, they was tired of their fellow women dying in Juliette's hands.

She said she failed 9 times. These women were probably scared Ben would make them be next, either they were pregnant or were fearful Ben was going to force pregnancy on them so Juliette can run her tests, and they fled...

I mean, look how serious they are pursuing our crash survivors? Willing to kill to capture pregnant women? Makes sense some of the Other ladies would get a bit... antsy over that idea that they could be next.

Kuroyume

Banned
I don't read TV guide...

I don't follow Lost outside the TV show... Once in a while I'll check the ratings the next day, but that's it...

I would like to not have known about these deaths, but now that I know it's no use bitching about it...

NO ONE

NO ONE EVEN DARE SUGGEST OR SAY WHO DIES

KGKK

Banned
Kuroyume said:
I don't read TV guide...

I don't follow Lost outside the TV show... Once in a while I'll check the ratings the next day, but that's it...

I would like to not have known about these deaths, but now that I know it's no use bitching about it...

NO ONE

I agree, please mark your spoilers and indicate if the spoilers are merely predications or actual facts about the finale.

mollipen

MaestroRyan said:

I didn't know a thing about this until you mentioned it. That crap should have been spoilered. Thanks.

glistenm

Banned
Kuroyume said:
I don't read TV guide...

NO ONE

Know what the problem is? That SPOILER ALERT guy has the day off.

*siren*

SPOILER ALERT

*siren*

AlanHemberger said:

Did you see the Ben flashback episode? He's still hung up on the death of his mother. That's what is driving him to solve the "baby issues" on the island.

Olivier

Canadians: WTF is up with the schedule next week (for the eastern timezone, at least):

7pm: Lost
8pm: American Idol
10pm: Lost (cont.)

Well, at least we get to see the first hour before americans do. :lol

skybaby

OK. An electronic device is jamming the signal. We have this power cable that runs into said device. LET'S DROWN SOMEONE INSTEAD OF CUTTING THE CABLE, IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.
wtf?

Ripclawe

Banned
bachikarn said:
So this episode pretty much confirms those "big" spoilers were wrong for the finale but right for this episode.

not really, yahoo tv has a finale summary that jibs with some of the finale spoilers. I just hope that last part of the spoiler is not true.

bachikarn

Ripclawe said:
not really, yahoo tv has a finale summary that jibs with some of the finale spoilers. I just hope that last part of the spoiler is not true.

Well from the preview Desmond is in the underwater station which was not in the big spoiler at all. Mikhail seems to be in the underwater station, but from the CDN trailer it is clear he isn't so it could have just been clever editing that made it seem like he was in the underwater station. Also, how the 'spoiler' says that Sawyer and Hurley kill people during the raid when we saw from this episode they went with Jack. I also think the person who wrote the spoilers said he got scripts of the finale, but the supposed game changer would only be in the scripts with the actors involved and there is no way he got a hold of it.

Its looking clearer and clearer to me that those spoilers are not true, which i'm pretty happy about.

DyersEve

Wasnt the part where Charlie was playing guitar and it started to rain apart of Desmonds flashback when he went back in time? If so why wasnt Desmond standing next to him telling him its going to rain like in his previous flashback?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
skybaby said:
OK. An electronic device is jamming the signal. We have this power cable that runs into said device. LET'S DROWN SOMEONE INSTEAD OF CUTTING THE CABLE, IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.
wtf?

Too risky, it may have a back up generater.
Are you going to waste the battery on your one last chance to escape if you werent ABSOLUTELY SURE your signal was getting out?

probune

WOW. What an episode. It made me like Charlie again.

Great ending. I thought that it would end before we knew if Charlie died or not...

a Master Ninja said:
Did you see the Ben flashback episode? He's still hung up on the death of his mother. That's what is driving him to solve the "baby issues" on the island.
considering the coincidences that seem to happen on the island, i think that the scenario i mentioned isn't far fetched

X26

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
The flashbacks were beyond heartwarming. You really couldn't kill the guy after that.

Really, at the end I was sad that he was going to die, but then...y'know

duckroll

WOW! That was maybe my favorite episode ALL SEASON. I'm not even a Charlie fan, but the way it was written, the way it was directed.... really, really well done. The flashbacks were relevant and really heartwarming. The scripting is tight and well paced. There was excitement and progress all round. And in the end you just CAN'T WAIT for the finale next week. **** yeah! :D

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Despite being the obvious setup episode, that was surprisingly good. They managed to make me feel sympathy for Charlie.

I better get the hell out of this thread though. Chances of something being spoiled for next week are too high to risk :\

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Nicodimas said:
Charlies is the father of Claires baby..After this episode I swear she was one of the drunk girls in the bed.

Not likely. That scene took place in Finland, not Australia. And Claire was in a relationship with a guy in Australia when she got pregnant, the boyfriend left halfway through the pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom