• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 3x21 - Greatest Hits - 5/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakitu

st5fu
Fatghost said:
Not likely. That scene took place in Finland, not Australia. And Claire was in a relationship with a guy in Australia when she got pregnant, the boyfriend left halfway through the pregnancy.

Who strangely looks like a younger Australian version of Ben...

valparaiso

I had an Al Sharpton friend...Once! Well not a friend really, but we talked a few times. Well one time. Well I yelled out my window "GET OFF MY LAWN!"
a huge, hearty "**** you" to everyone who posted spoilers about
3 people dying
next week. i wish you'd die, srsly.

and this ep was pretty meh. waaaaaaaay better than heroes' last couple of episodes, but still meh. nice to hear the finale's gonna be 2 hours long, though

megateto

Has anybody seen this chapter at stage6?

It's going to be really hard to look for an answer for my question without being spoilered, but I have to try...

megateto said:
Has anybody seen this chapter at stage6?

It's going to be really hard to look for an answer for my question without being spoilered, but I have to try...

Its just been uploaded in the last 30 mins. If you sort videos by date you'll see it.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
DyersEve said:
Wasnt the part where Charlie was playing guitar and it started to rain apart of Desmonds flashback when he went back in time? If so why wasnt Desmond standing next to him telling him its going to rain like in his previous flashback?
I have a feeling desmond just appeared there when he went "back" in time. In reality, desmond was not there at the time, and as a result charlie saved that girl, got called a hero and gained the courage to sacrifice himself.

Think BUTTERFLY EFFECT. A concept which i love.

bachikarn said:
Well from the preview Desmond is in the underwater station which was not in the big spoiler at all. Mikhail seems to be in the underwater station, but from the CDN trailer it is clear he isn't so it could have just been clever editing that made it seem like he was in the underwater station. Also, how the 'spoiler' says that Sawyer and Hurley kill people during the raid when we saw from this episode they went with Jack. I also think the person who wrote the spoilers said he got scripts of the finale, but the supposed game changer would only be in the scripts with the actors involved and there is no way he got a hold of it.

Ready to cry?

It's even more likely now because Sawyer kills Tom and there's no ****ing way Tom is one of Vest-Dude's TEN BEST MEN. NOT A ****IN CHANCE BRUTHA. Also, the van is still out in the jungle. Closer to the radio tower although that doesn't matter because as of right now, we don't know who Hurley went with (maybe you can tell in the trailer, but either way, Jack's Krew clearly run into the rest of the Others at or on the way to THA RADIO TOWA. So wherever the van is, IT'S A VAN BABY, it can move.)

Pretend I'm the dude from the Kleenex commercials. Let it out.

In other news, **** the Claire-bear shit (god I hate Heroes), the most affecting part to me was Chuckles bidding Hurley farewell. That was just sweet.

"AWWWWWW CHAHLAYYYYYYYYYYYY DUCK!!!!!!!"

*cry*
*best season ever*

If you are going to post spoilers for next week's episode you need to say that in your post. I keep assuming the spoilers are from this week's episode.

DoctorWho said:
If you are going to post spoilers for next week's episode you need to say that in your post. I keep assuming the spoilers are from this week's episode.

Why would I spoiler tag stuff from this week's episode? I thought we only had to spoiler tag stuff from next week once the episode's aired...

Piddepa

i'm pretty sure i saw the woman who landed on the island with the parachute (don't remember her name) at the scene when charlie was playing wonderwall out in the streets. not sure though.

Javaman

There's some kind of Lost show on tonight too. I'm guessing it's a clip show but the tagline said something along the lines of "This will tell you everything you need to know prior to watching the finale". Is there supposed to be anything new?

bachikarn

BenjaminBirdie said:
Ready to cry?

It's even more likely now because Sawyer kills Tom and there's no ****ing way Tom is one of Vest-Dude's TEN BEST MEN. NOT A ****IN CHANCE BRUTHA. Also, the van is still out in the jungle. Closer to the radio tower although that doesn't matter because as of right now, we don't know who Hurley went with (maybe you can tell in the trailer, but either way, Jack's Krew clearly run into the rest of the Others at or on the way to THA RADIO TOWA. So wherever the van is, IT'S A VAN BABY, it can move.)

Pretend I'm the dude from the Kleenex commercials. Let it out.

In other news, **** the Claire-bear shit (god I hate Heroes), the most affecting part to me was Chuckles bidding Hurley farewell. That was just sweet.

"AWWWWWW CHAHLAYYYYYYYYYYYY DUCK!!!!!!!"

*cry*
*best season ever*

Spoilers for finale...

But like I said, the spoiler said the deaths happened specifically during the raid....

BenjaminBirdie said:
Why would I spoiler tag stuff from this week's episode? I thought we only had to spoiler tag stuff from next week once the episode's aired...

Some people still do so it would be good to know what is what. That is all.

probune

Javaman said:
There's some kind of Lost show on tonight too. I'm guessing it's a clip show but the tagline said something along the lines of "This will tell you everything you need to know prior to watching the finale". Is there supposed to be anything new?

Nope, just a clip show. It'll be in the vein of the "Lost Survivor Guide" with Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindeloff from a little while ago.

Olivier said:
Canadians: WTF is up with the schedule next week (for the eastern timezone, at least):

7pm: Lost
8pm: American Idol
10pm: Lost (cont.)

Well, at least we get to see the first hour before americans do. :lol
Oh wow that sucks.

Piddepa said:
i'm pretty sure i saw the woman who landed on the island with the parachute (don't remember her name) at the scene when charlie was playing wonderwall out in the streets. not sure though.
Wasn't that the woman Charlie saved, the woman Sayid liked back in Iraq? And Locke inspected her home?

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Solo said:
First episode of Lost Ive ever watched. It was good.
welcome aboard!
its unfortunate youve come so late into the game..
i recommend buying the first two seasons now, then the 3rd when it comes out in the summer. you'll be all caught up for next season.

Olivier

XMonkey said:
They managed to make me feel sympathy for Charlie.

I felt for him too, but my sympathy was all gone by the time he entered the station and basically yelled "HAY GUYZ IF ANYONE HEARS ME I'M IN UR STATION LOLZ".

What a douche.

Olivier said:
I felt for him too, but my sympathy was all gone by the time he entered the station and basically yelled "HAY GUYZ IF ANYONE HEARS ME I'M IN UR STATION LOLZ".

What a douche.

Possibly because Juliet explicitly stated it was abandoned.

duckroll said:
WOW! That was maybe my favorite episode ALL SEASON. I'm not even a Charlie fan, but the way it was written, the way it was directed.... really, really well done. The flashbacks were relevant and really heartwarming. The scripting is tight and well paced. There was excitement and progress all round. And in the end you just CAN'T WAIT for the finale next week. **** yeah! :D
My sentiments exactly. I can't believe, after waiting for it for so long, I actually kinda don't want Charlie to die.

Bring on the finale!

Prince of Space said:
My sentiments exactly. I can't believe, after waiting for it for so long, I actually kinda don't want Charlie to die.

Bring on the finale!

I'm equally heartbroken about the ring. it better not blow up!!

*cry*

Javaman

Prince of Space said:

Bring on the finale!

He still hadn't pressed the button yet... Then again Desmond could have been lying, but I don't see the purpose of it.

Schattenjagger said:
welcome aboard!
its unfortunate youve come so late into the game..
i recommend buying the first two seasons now, then the 3rd when it comes out in the summer. you'll be all caught up for next season.
Yeah seriously. Lost is the only show I would say you cannot watch in the middle of a season, you need to start from the beginning.

Javaman said:
He still hadn't pressed the button yet... Then again Desmond could have been lying, but I don't see the purpose of it.
We never saw Desmond's flashback this episode on purpose. We have no idea the sequence of events that will lead up to the pressing of the button. Also we are not certain if Desmond is lying or not because he may have never seen Claire getting on a helicopter...it could have to do with him and Penny. Like the last flashback with the arrow killing Charlie, changing those events may have changed Penny from being the parachuter. This time Desmond may not want that to happen.

Olivier

I Am Error said:
Yeah seriously. Lost is the only show I would say you cannot watch in the middle of a season, you need to start from the beginning.

QFT. In fact to truly enjoy Lost you have to watch the first season and then spend four months wondering what the hell is inside that hatch. Then you can start watching Season 2 and experience the first minutes of "Man of Science, Man of Faith", probably the finest moments to ever grace television.

Lakitu

st5fu
Olivier said:
QFT. In fact to truly enjoy Lost you have to watch the first season and then spend four months wondering what the hell is inside that hatch. Then you can start watching Season 2 and experience the first minutes of "Man of Science, Man of Faith", probably the finest moments to ever grace television.

Oh man thinking about that opening still gives me chills.

Lakitu said:
Oh man thinking about that opening still gives me chills.

I'm not a big Soundtrack nut, but I still listen to the bit from that opening. It's so great.

Giacchino is a ridiculously awesome composer. He so made that sequence.

Mojovonio

Banned
I think desmond remember that there were 2 hot bis in the station, hence why he wanted to go instead of charlie, and then charlie saw the smirk on his face and knew there were 2 bis in the station, so he did what he had to do.

GilloD

Banned
Looks like the spoilers are only PART true. Someone is alleging that AICN posted the spoilers to drive traffic towards the site.

Exciting week, huh folks? Concerning the spoilers released by LOSTFan108, there has been a lot of discussion as to whether or not the synopsis is legit, or is an elaborate misdirection. There is a lot you don't know about the situation, so in the words of my idol, Dr. Marvin Candle, "First, a little history."

The spoilers originated on www.aintitcoolnews.com in a post by TV correspondent Hercules. His post concerned information given to him by a confidential informant and listed a number of extremely vague bullet points.

During the course of that day, a DIFFERENT person posted more concise information that expanded on Hercules bullets and revealed the 'game changer' of the episode.

In between these events I emailed Hercules at Aint-it-cool-news. The reason for the email was to share with him some litmus information that myself and DarkUFO have kept off the record for the purpose of testing the validity of any spoilers which may arise concerning the finale. As you can guess, we are deluged with 'tips' from unproven sources.

After the comments were posted, and subsequently posted at other LOST sites, I posted my call for calm and discretion, and at the same time expressed my opinion on giving spoilers on the magnitude of 'the game changer' without tempering the information to make it less conclusive, and more seductive.

At this point, I was emailed by someone claiming to be the person who provided the information to AICN. I challenged him to prove he was who he claimed to be, and his response included information not released on AICN, or anywhere else for that matters, concerning "Greatest Hits." In particular, the first five lines of dialog. I told him that once his info was confirmed I would pass along his concerns.

His claim is that he is in possession of the screenplays for the final two episodes of LOST. They are not watermarked. He claims he did not provide AICN with specific information, but did give a brief overview of the episodes, and did tell AICN what the game changer was with the understanding that none of the information would be published.

He claims that the subsequent synopsis posted in the AICN comments system and later at DarkUFO's site, was at best an abbreviated version of the information he gave, and that there are several specific details regarding key scenes that he cannot imagine someone with specific knowledge who was spoiling the episode on that level would leave out. He also indicated there are some inconsistencies which were 'laughable' in comparison to how things actually happen.

The bottom line is, he feels the information was given by someone who only had access to the tidbits he gave AICN. In short, he thinks AICN themselves posted the synopsis in their own comments system to get more traction out of their post traffic wise.

Unfortunately, for those of you who hope and pray the spoilers are incorrect, they are, in their own crude way, 100% correct. However, they do not represent the finished product in any complete way. There is still much to be derived from watching, and watching very very closely. In particular, there is information given in the final moments of the show which were completely absent from the game changer description, and will drive LOST fans absolutely crazy.

GilloD

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Oh man. The end of that. Can't breathe....

The spoilers for Greatest Hits left out some SERIOUS stuff. And the spoilers for the finale appear to be directly contradicted by the preview for next week's show. I think we'll see something LIKE the spoiler, but it'll be framed much differently.

Akia

I really love those running through the forest frantically shots that Lost has every episode.

They get me so pumped.

Akia said:
I really love those running through the forest frantically shots that Lost has every episode.

They get me so pumped.

Again, thank Giacchino. I listen to them when I'm up against a serious deadline.

*BWEEEWWWWWN*

Thats how you do a filler episode!!! The whole episode was brilliant from beginning to end, and the flashback was done in such a way that it wasn't a pain to watch is with most charlie flashbacks. Almost nothing happend yet you were totally emotionaly involved.

This show can do no wrong right now, its on such an amazing roll. Bring on the finale, I am totally spoiler free so I cant wait. Why anyone would want to spoil these last episodes is beyond me.

Fifty

John Harker said:
Too risky, it may have a back up generater.
Are you going to waste the battery on your one last chance to escape if you werent ABSOLUTELY SURE your signal was getting out?

I agree with this

daegan

skybaby said:
OK. An electronic device is jamming the signal. We have this power cable that runs into said device. LET'S DROWN SOMEONE INSTEAD OF CUTTING THE CABLE, IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.
wtf?

It's not a power cable.

When Sayid finds it he sees that part of is it frayed and touches it. Obviously he does not get electrocuted.

On the diagrams which some people have screencapped, you can see that the cable is marked as "ANCHOR TO LAND".

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I just finished watching this episode. WowWowWow!!! I can't believe how good this was. Lost is back baby, it's back!

I was expecting Desmond to show up too, it's weird that he didn't. That implies he didn't really travel back through time, no? That it was all a dream???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom