• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost 3x21 - Greatest Hits - 5/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned
Jesus, this episode was A LOT better than I thought it would be. Best episode of the season, IMO. I put it up there with Walkabout, Numbers, Deus Ex Machina, and Man of Science/Faith.

quaere

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm not a big Soundtrack nut, but I still listen to the bit from that opening. It's so great.

Giacchino is a ridiculously awesome composer. He so made that sequence.
anyone remember that two part, three note each progression they used to play all the time in the early seasons? (too bad i don't know crap about music and can't describe it better) the absense was really bothering me for some reason, i've been listening for it all season and haven't heard it until they played it really quickly this (totally awesome) episode. if anyone knows what i'm talking about, please tell me i'm not crazy :lol

Can we assume that in the Season Finale
Charlie will die exactly the way Desmond described? As in the chamber will somehow flood, he'll hit a switch with a yellow blinking light, and then drown.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
bachikarn said:
what you say

Sorry, I guess I sorta jumped in mid-thought there. In Flashes Before Your Eyes, Desmond "travels back through time" and actually shows up where Charlie is singing on the street corner just before it rains. Except, in Charlie's flashback, it didn't happen. Implying it wasn't real.

duckroll

TheOMan said:
Sorry, I guess I sorta jumped in mid-thought there. In Flashes Before Your Eyes, Desmond "travels back through time" and actually shows up where Charlie is singing on the street corner just before it rains. Except, in Charlie's flashback, it didn't happen. Implying it wasn't real.

Actually there are two implications.

- Desmond's time travel adventure every really happened, or if it did, didn't change the present at all.
- But yet the events Desmond travelled back to were real, implying that the vision wasn't just "in his head" but the result of something or someone that is aware of the real past.

It pretty much means Desmond didn't "travel through time" but rather had an accurate vision of the past created by someone or something. This is probably the same thing that is showing Desmond these "flashes". The guy is pretty much screwed as an agent of the island just like Locke now. :lol

Lakitu

st5fu
I just re-watched it, it's so emotional, it's climbing up to be one of my faves of the season. I can't wait for the finale.

Thomper

TheOMan said:
Well, actually
the locations and clothing is different, so the two scenes might just be coincidentally the same. Yes, what I'm saying sounds complicated, so just look at this: http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/greatest-hits-and-flashes-before-your_17.html

(this isn't really a spoiler, but I'm still tagging it)

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Lakitu said:
I just re-watched it, it's so emotional, it's climbing up to be one of my faves of the season. I can't wait for the finale.
Agreed, its probably my favourite episode of the season.

bachikarn

TheOMan said:

Oh, well I just thought it meant Charlie was doing the whole playing guitar outside for money several times and this was just a different time than the one when Desmond saw him.

Tchu-Espresso

bachikarn said:
Oh, well I just thought it meant Charlie was doing the whole playing guitar outside for money several times and this was just a different time than the one when Desmond saw him.
Hmmm well he is wearing different clothes, albeit slightly.. And his hair and beard are different (possible continuity errors?)

From the latest ep:

ep21el5.jpg

And from flashes before your eyes:

ep8tb1.jpg

They are however in the exact same place as you can see from the newstand:

ep8bpm6.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Busking isnt usally a one off..its more like a job. Im sure if they wanted to show it was the same day, they would have made it exactly the same.

Tchu-Espresso

Ghost said:
Busking isnt usally a one off..its more like a job. Im sure if they wanted to show it was the same day, they would have made it exactly the same.
Yes, but the song! The rain!

Its still very coincidental.

On the same token if im sure if they wanted to show different days they wouldnt of had him sing the same song and have it rain at the same time.

Thomper

The Black Brad Pitt said:

Wonderwall is a popular song by a popular band and so it means easy money.

It's in England, so it always rains.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!

On the same token if im sure if they wanted to show different days they wouldnt of had him sing the same song and have it rain at the same time.

It's England, it rains often.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yes yes but the writers did these things on purpose

Okay, then the writers got tired of people saying that Charlie's band seems like an Oasis knockoff so they acknowledged it themselves and want to drive the point home.

Ghost said:
...you're actually moaning that it rained too hard?

Are you moaning about me moaning about the rain? ... Anyway, he was talking about the rain and I thought to myself when I was watching the episode that they always portray rain in TV episodes like that. It was just a minor thing...

tim1138

Just watched this episode last night, and I'll be damned if I want Charlie to survive now. Up to that episode I really wanted him to die because his character just didn't do anything for me, but this weeks episode was so good that I want him to survive now.

Spoiler for next week, you've been warned!
I know he dies.

Jacobi

Banned
I was short before tears when that boat talk happened.
Congratulations, LOST team :)
I mean they made me care for CHARLIE

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jacobi said:
I was short before tears when that boat talk happened.
Congratulations, LOST team :)
I mean they made me care for CHARLIE
Haha, seriously. I've been asking for his death since his first flashback, but this episode actually kinda got to me.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Dan said:
Haha, seriously. I've been asking for his death since his first flashback, but this episode actually kinda got to me.

It got to me too. I was just telling a friend that at work today. After what he did to Sun, i wanted Charlie dead but after this episode, damn. Lost writers are awesome again.

glistenm said:
Know what the problem is? That SPOILER ALERT guy has the day off.

*siren*

SPOILER ALERT

*siren*

Yeah and then people said I was overdoing it.

WTF is this shit. Im trying to read about the episode (I just watched it now) and BAM some idiots slip in mega spoilers.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
What's a zombie season?
I want to listen, but IM going to skip it if it has big spoilers. Jeeze, the finale is in 2 days I dont wanna ruin the future :lol

bachikarn

I think the Zombie season is making fun of Alias (another Abrams show), which literally had zombies in one of the later seasons.

john tv

The zombie season is a running gag that's been on the podcast for a long, long time. Nothing to worry about -- they never spoil anything on the podcasts, they just drop good hints about what's to come. Very entertaining and definitely worth a listen, though I imagine you'll get more out of them if you've been listening for a while as a lot of the jokes are references to past podcasts.

duckroll

bachikarn said:
I think the Zombie season is making fun of Alias (another Abrams show), which literally had zombies in one of the later seasons.

No. The zombie season is the running gag on the podcast because for the longest time people kept writing in the dumbest theories about how the characters that died would find ways to come back. Eventually they just started having a running gag about how there would be a zombie storyline and then it evolved into an entire season about the zombies. It's just Calton and Damon being insane as usual. :lol

Fifty

Yeah.. The Podcasts are great to listen to. I'm surprised you haven't heard them, Harker, since you're such a big fan (and defender of the show). Carlton and Damon are great. It's nice to hear the personalities behind the show.

Michael Emerson walked past me on St. Marks last night and now someone just told me they saw him in front of my building. Sure I work off Times Square but...maybe he found out I was "Henry Gale" for Halloween (beat down makeup, bloody gauze on the shoulder, orange polo)....

(But seriously, it was the coolest thing ever. BEN ****IN LINUS!!!!)

Eric WK

BenjaminBirdie said:
Michael Emerson walked past me on St. Marks last night and now someone just told me they saw him in front of my building. Sure I work off Times Square but...maybe he found out I was "Henry Gale" for Halloween (beat down makeup, bloody gauze on the shoulder, orange polo)....

(But seriously, it was the coolest thing ever. BEN ****IN LINUS!!!!)

That's amazing.

Eric WK said:
That's amazing.

I honestly got the willies for a second but then I was like "No, he's actually a seperate person. There are no Hostiles on the Lower East Side." Well aside, from Crusty Punks Wearing PSPs. (True story.)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fifty said:
Yeah.. The Podcasts are great to listen to. I'm surprised you haven't heard them, Harker, since you're such a big fan (and defender of the show). Carlton and Damon are great. It's nice to hear the personalities behind the show.

I've seen some of the video casts.
I enjoy hearing from Cuse and Lindelof, I just dont listen regularly because I love working on my own theories :)

I'll listen to this one since it seems so highly recommended by a lot of you, I just had to double check and make sure there are no finale spoilers... I don't mind minor episode ones, but the finale? no way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom