• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey Asian with Eng and RegionFree

FFChris

Deacan said:
My copy was shipped, then my mate just showed me a ebay store that has it in stock.

Bloody hell if I orded it from ebay I could of had it tomorrow with no chance of import tax, gah I hate being impatient.

Could you PM me the link to the store?

Diablos

Why the fuck won't it work with NTSC-U/C? I was about ready to order this right now, I've always wanted to import an RPG.

God dammit, why did they do that :mad:

glaurung

Blimblim said:
People (me included) seemed to like BD too. Then the reviews happened.

OMG I just remembered that I bought BD. Only played it for a few hours, have never gone back since.

It wasn't that bad, was it? Even though the turd-like snakes irritated me a lot.

*mental note: play BD

i'm liiking Lost Odyssey much more than Blue Dragon. and yeah, i liked Blue Dragon too.

i hope LO doesn't get as bashed as Blue Dragon in its reviews, i think it's the best JRPG for 360 right now, and it deserves it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm interesting in LO, but random battles + long loading = pain. I simply can't and won't deal with that any longer.

Walshicus

Blimblim said:
I bought it for pennies expecting to be disappointed and to send it off to a JRPG loving friend within days... but I actually ended up being charmed by it. Quaint, light hearted silliness.

Blimblim said:

I loved Blue Dragon and I loved Lost Odyssey. Hopefully people allow the game to speak for itself and not allow some dick reviewer to push them away from what is a great game.

dark10x said:
I'm interesting in LO, but random battles + long loading = pain. I simply can't and won't deal with that any longer.

random battles aren't much repetitive, even more, sometimes it seems like you feel the need to go out of the town and start battling, combat system is really enjoyable.

and about the loading times, as far as i've played (finished 1st disc), they aren't much painful, i'd say they're fair

Diablos

SO JEALOUS.

I guess this is partial payback for all the times European gamers either a. had to wait a lot longer than us for RPG's or b. never got them at all. :\

chico

intheinbetween said:
random battles aren't much repetitive, even more, sometimes it seems like you feel the need to go out of the town and start battling, combat system is really enjoyable.

and about the loading times, as far as i've played (finished 1st disc), they aren't much painful, i'd say they're fair

loading times are ok, seems they have optimized them... they are nowhere close to the ones reported in the thread for the japanese version.

also no framerate issues, maybe im not that sensible or they really have improved the U3 engine...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Sir Fragula said:
I bought it for pennies expecting to be disappointed and to send it off to a JRPG loving friend within days... but I actually ended up being charmed by it. Quaint, light hearted silliness.
Exactly. I loved the atmosphere of this game, so light-hearted and charming.
So far I'm actually liking LO slightly less than BD because of that. But then BD was my favorite game of 2006 ;)
chico said:
loading times are ok, seems they have optimized them... they are nowhere close to the ones reported in the thread for the japanese version.

also no framerate issues, maybe im not that sensible or they really have improved the U3 engine...
Loadings are exactly the same as the Japanese version. The few videos showing loadings on youtube were done by someone with an obviously dying DVD drive.
And the tearing/slowdowns are also still there.
As far as I can tell the Asian and Japanese version are 100% identical except for the text and voices. Just like it was the case with N3 and BD.

chico

Blimblim said:
Exactly. I loved the atmosphere of this game, so light-hearted and charming.
So far I'm actually liking LO slightly less than BD because of that. But then BD was my favorite game of 2006 ;)

Loadings are exactly the same as the Japanese version. The few videos showing loadings on youtube were done by someone with an obviously dying DVD drive.
And the tearing/slowdowns are also still there.
As far as I can tell the Asian and Japanese version are 100% identical except for the text and voices. Just like it was the case with N3 and BD.

alright... you win! ;)
dont have the japanese version, so i cant compare.
i was just wondering cause im at the end of dvd 1 and there was not one single slowdown. maybe later in the game...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
chico said:
alright... you win! ;)
dont have the japanese version, so i cant compare.
i was just wondering cause im at the end of dvd 1 and there was not one single slowdown. maybe later in the game...
Tearing/slowdowns are very infrequent, and you might have missed them. There are very few areas where you get heavy tearing/slowdowns enough to be really visible.

Atilac said:
wait.... the US version of blue dragon has jap audio with english subtitle option?
Yes.

I enjoyed BD aswell. A good RPG, and way better than it was made in the "press". Can't wait for LO, just a couple of more days, and my new Falcon will be there too, perfect.

Hunahan

Banned
Diablos said:
SO JEALOUS.

I guess this is partial payback for all the times European gamers either a. had to wait a lot longer than us for RPG's or b. never got them at all. :\

Hehe, yeah I guess that's true.

The relative fairness of this situation, however, does not make me any less jealous. ;-)

Lost Odyssey is actually the second title I've ever preordered. I'm pretty psyched for it.

Also, Blue Dragon was fantastic. Blim does not lie.

vag 2.0

The "Thousand years of dreams" are, funnily enough, my favourite part of the game so far (6 hours). I hear Jay Rubin is translating them into English for a novel release, definitely going to pick that up.

painey

I beat the first disk, this game makes you appreciate how special final fantasy games are.. this is nothing but a smoothed out enchanted arms :(

painey said:
I beat the first disk, this game makes you appreciate how special final fantasy games are.. this is nothing but a smoothed out enchanted arms :(

That's funny I thought this game was much better than Final Fantasy 12 and just as good as previous Final Fantasy games.

A Lost Odyssey comparison to Enchanted Arms just doesn't compute at all :lol

painey

the voice acting for the best part is decent (jansen is amusing), the battles are tired old mechanics, the towns seem generic and lifeless, the dream sequences are phenominal and extremely well written and are probably my favourite part, but everything else feels like old ground. Its a mixed bag for me, im not saying it is as bad as Blue Dragon.. its not even close to being that bad but it doesnt have that magic feeling that every final fantasy seems to drip with.

painey said:
the voice acting for the best part is decent (jansen is amusing), the battles are tired old mechanics, the towns seem generic and lifeless, the dream sequences are phenominal and extremely well written and are probably my favourite part, but everything else feels like old ground. Its a mixed bag for me, im not saying it is as bad as Blue Dragon.. its not even close to being that bad but it doesnt have that magic feeling that every final fantasy seems to drip with.

Final Fantasy 12 wasn't dripping with that magic either.

The battle system is fantastic I wouldn't at all call it tired and old and I liked the towns. The dungeons and the overall art style of the game is fantastic.

I thought the voice acting was extremely good. Blue Dragon honestly isn't bad at all it's great rpg packed full of quality, but that's just a difference in opinion.

Not sure what you're looking for, but I find Lost Odyssey to be just as high quality as a Final Fantasy game. To be more specific it's the best Final Fantasy game since FFX.

New doesn't always mean better and that is true for Final Fantasy XII's battle system. I didn't find it to be entertaining at all.

Hammer24

Banned
Thrakier said:
Is this version the correct one?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-2iys.html

It works on my PAL360, completly in english?

Walshicus

Got it today through UPS. Bastards hit me with the £10 VAT fees AND a £11 customs surcharge from themselves. Never using them again...

Oh well, it was still cheaper than in the shops - the slight loss I made on getting Lego Star Wars Complete there was offset by the gain in Lost Odyssey.

boco77

Banned
Just got the game today, its awesome. Very nice intro and graphics.

Took some pics to make all you guys jealous :D

Walshicus

Should take a shot of how thick the game case is! I'm sure glad they went for the disc holding system they did - I was always scared with Blue Dragon that they'd get scratched.

mjc

There's no way this game will be as sub-par as Enchanted Arms was. The only thing that kept me going through that game was the combat, the rest was horrible.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My copy arrived today from Play-Asia, I am from England a week wait was not bad as my Call of Duty 4 was about 3 weeks, the mail strikes did not help hehe.

I love the box arts, and the 4 disc case is awesome, much better than my Blue Dragon case with all 3 CD's stacked on top of each other.

My main problem is I have to much to play and too little time, Lost Odyssey,Turok and DMC4.

Oh man oh man oh man oh man.

The GameTrailers review catapulted this game from "eh, whatever" to "MUST HAVE NOW". It looks like a perfect game for me. I ordered it from Play Asia and I'm counting the days until it gets here.

I can't believe how quickly my opinion changed, and to such a big degree. I really hope it's awesome and that I won't be disappointed. This looks like the next really awesome JRPG for me after Final Fantasy X.

Top Bottom