• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey Finally Backward Compatible on XB1

jbug617

Banned
The discs were also better in Japan
CtiIzdHVIAAaOLt.jpg

Izuna

Banned
you might say it's... lost on an odyssey

It's probably the only 360 case like that, right?

I think so. Can't think of any other 4 disc* 360* games

--

Oh holy shit, the Asian version is NTSC-J and PAL... That explains why it isn't more commonly owned in US then

Caayn

Edit: Loading times for battles are ~4 seconds for me with the internal 2TB drive.
The discs were also better in Japan
I got an empty Xbox 360 case and put the fourth disc in that. It's better than the paper sleeve that comes with the official packaging.

silva1991

Since this is a 3-4 disc game can I install all 4 discs and never have to swap after that?

IS this game actually good is it nostagia for JRPGs from the 00s?

It's one of the best three JRPGs last gen only slightly behind Xenoblade and NNK.

not counting P4G, because it's PS2 game and Tales of Vesperia, because I never it yet.

xzeldax3

Edit: Loading times for battles are ~4 seconds for me with the internal 2TB drive.
I got an empty Xbox 360 case and put the fourth disc in that. It's better than the paper sleeve that comes with the official packaging.
That is a good sign!

EpicBox

This is a 4-disc game. When you insert the first disc, does it download the file for all discs to work? Or do you have to install again when it's time for disc 2?

Caayn

This is a 4-disc game. When you insert the first disc, does it download the file for all discs to work? Or do you have to install again when it's time for disc 2?
Pop-in the first disc and it'll download the entire game. No disc swapping required.

I'm currently doing content from disc 4 while disc 1 is in the drive.

h3ro

Dear Lord,
Please have let me uploaded my save to the cloud 6 years ago. Please let me use my near max characters on Disc 3. Please.

Please.

Thank you.

Jawmuncher

I wonder how long until they add it digitally. I don't think they lost any rights to it.

I can't see them doing all this work for just physical, on a game they own.

ViciousDS

Banned
Is this a good JRPG for a noob like me who hasn't ever really got into them?

there is no level grind.....game actually discourages it. Great way to learn how to use your mind for fighting monsters and bosses turned based strategically.

Also two copies plus 1 day shipping is cheaper on gamestop than amazon LOL.

Pop-in the first disc and it'll download the entire game. No disc swapping required.

I'm currently doing content from disc 4 while disc 1 is in the drive.
Oh man so nice. Im happy it works that way.

Loading times under 4 seconds sounds awesome

Aww shit, I'm gonna have to hook my bone up when I get some time to finally finish this. I stopped at the water dungeon at the beginning of disc 3 or 4.

Is this on the marketplace?

Kgamer314

Neo Member

I believe it downloads all the disc files in one. I put in the first disc and it started a 22.4 GB download, so I'll assume that's all of it. I don't know yet if it's necessary to swap discs or anything like that.

Izuna

Banned
Is this a good JRPG for a noob like me who hasn't ever really got into them?

Uhhh

It's a bit hard. But LO's gimmick it the Thousand Years of Stories thing, which is basically a bunch of short stories throughout the game detailing Kaim's past. They can make you laugh or cry...

Mostly cry

--

Really happy I kept my copy of this. Going to start a few play-through and finally finish the story. Fingers crossed for a sequel on XB1 someday.

deadfolk

Still waiting for:

Nier
Tales of Vesperia
Eternal Sonata
Vanquish
Naruto Rise of a Ninja
Naruto The Broken Bond
Lollipop Chainsaw
Condemned 2

Then I can finally ditch the 360.

wvnative

Just need tales of vesperia and i'm good. I'm good...

Side note: Are any namco published games BC? Curious if they are interested.

silva1991

This time I might do some of the toughest optional content. I remember seeing a video on youtube where they fought a boss that looked like a giant yellow bug or something and it looked tough.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
If I'm being totally honest I still need my 360 for CAVE shmups and I don't see those getting BC anytime soon....
and yes, please don't tell me guwange was added today, i know, guwange is great

but, for the most part, the 360 went in the closet when VF5FS was added :)

Izuna

Banned
oneida, we got Triggerheart Excellica though, isn't that good enough?

I would kill for a Mushihimesama

Caayn

Story from Disc 4?
The tower of mirrors + cutscenes is what I tested.

To expand on it: you can only play the game with disc 1. The other discs simply don't work, you'll get an error message saying that this 360 game isn't compatible with the XB1if you insert any disc other than disc 1.

Tain

If I'm being totally honest I still need my 360 for CAVE shmups and I don't see those getting BC anytime soon....

yeah, this is mostly why I'll never be able to really retire my 360

PC ports have been good but I don't see them all getting ported.

KyleCross

Sweet! Finally picked this and Blue Dragon up at Gamestop just a few months ago after giving up on their used prices going down anymore after eyeballing them for 4 years. I assume you just pop the first disc in and don't have to worry about the others, or does it still need disc swapping on the One?

Izuna

Banned
oh so like, a half working copy of a single disc works? You can literally dish out 1/4 discs and someone has access to the full game?

dope

Top Bottom